Thoughts on this horse?

SSM

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
OOoooo sorry, but that is verging on sacrilege!! Lets just say she is a champion racehorse for the moment!

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't care
shocked.gif
I like to see a horse with lots of bone!!

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
[ QUOTE ]
Well I like her - lovely deep chest, wonderful full barrel belly-cavity, great butt on her, very nice face with a kind eye and if she was my horse I would actually be incredibly peed off seeing yet another post like this - ripping a horse to shreds.......seems to be a pastime of HHO.

Looking at photos of HHO horses, I can see for sure that a very large proportion of them are dreadfully put together.........

[/ QUOTE ]

lol!

S_N

Visit site
PMSL this is him! He was a Multiple Grade 1 winner, with earnings over $2,000,000. His current stud fee is $125,000

sgold-conf.jpg

Rambo

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Well I like her - lovely deep chest, wonderful full barrel belly-cavity, great butt on her, very nice face with a kind eye and if she was my horse I would actually be incredibly peed off seeing yet another post like this - ripping a horse to shreds.......seems to be a pastime of HHO.

Looking at photos of HHO horses, I can see for sure that a very large proportion of them are dreadfully put together.........

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure anyone has ripped her to shreds have they
crazy.gif
At first everyone was posting positive comments, and then the OP questioned why people weren't picking up on certain faults. People then seemed to jump on the bandwagon and pick up those faults (strangely enough
shocked.gif
)
tongue.gif

BBs

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
PMSL this is him! He was a Multiple Grade 1 winner, with earnings over $2,000,000. His current stud fee is $125,000

sgold-conf.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats what you call highly polished lol

S_N

Visit site
Well Tia, I intend to use this as an example of how conformation is NOT so important for ultimate performance!! I looked after her, her mother and several siblings. I took the picture. She is a champion and as such is allowed visitors at the farm where she now lives.

Rambo

Visit site
You'd have thought they could get him to stand at least 'sort of square' for that sort of stud fee though wouldn't you
tongue.gif

S_N

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Feet do look odd, and down on the heel..is she a brood mare..she doesn't look racing fit to me in this picture?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep - in foal to Storm Cat - stud fee £500,000.

S_N

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
You'd have thought they could get him to stand at least 'sort of square' for that sort of stud fee though wouldn't you
tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

NOOoooooo they don't like them to stand square in Kentucky! They make them stand like that, so that all 4 legs can be seen!

S_N

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Neither do I......BUT she has other contributing factors, which are nice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes she certainly does!!

Including her price tag - $7.1m

S_N

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Neither do I......BUT she has other contributing factors, which are nice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah, minor detail - but she was also a Breeders' Cup Champion and Champion 2yo filly!

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
She is standing perfectly for a showhorse i.e. see all 4 legs at the same time. Only a few of the breeds are expected to stand with their hind legs splayed out behind them or looking like the amazing two legged horse!

Rambo

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

NOOoooooo they don't like them to stand square in Kentucky! They make them stand like that, so that all 4 legs can be seen!

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha....Just as well I don't breed racehorses then isin't it....especially in Kentucky
tongue.gif
grin.gif

SSM

Visit site
I don't think anyone 'ripped' the horse apart, I gave my personal opinion - and it will always be the same wherever I post - I like solid horses - because I look bl**dy stupid on TB's as there is nowhere to put my legs
tongue.gif
and I'm afraid of breaking them - stupid I know but I have always had this opinion.

PS Also knew it was'nt SN's horse
grin.gif
or else I would have been grovelling (not!!!)
grin.gif

burtie

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Dont like her neck - dont like her daddies either!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Now you see that really does not bother me, she has raced then I guess gone straight to stud, I actually think her neck is not bad for a TB mare who has never done any schooling. Mind you I do think her daddies is worse. That is not a great photo of him is it!

S_N

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Ah well at least you've explained the reason for posting this time.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmm well she IS in the public domain!! And her achievements on the track and sales ring, highlight, to me anyway, that conformation IS NOT everything!!

Anyway, never seen a perfect horse, but worked with, handled and been on the selling team of some of the worlds most valuable bloodstock. So what do I know.

Tia

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Hmmmm well she IS in the public domain!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Unlike some of the others that have been posted who certainly aren't. I don't want to bicker here and am off in a minute, but you have been known to post pictures of regular people's horses and have us slam them.
crazy.gif

Say it like I see it, sorry.
blush.gif

S_N

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
With so much talent and ability her appearance is irrelevant really!

[/ QUOTE ]

Aye it is really, but if she was being viewed, with no history, no family connections/pedigree available, then IMO many people may pass her by. It's the same with a fair few top horses IMO.

Rambo

Visit site
LOL!

I think if you were to scrutinize the very best (most prolific) horses in any sphere, it would be easier to highlight their faults than what is good about them !

BBs

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
She is standing perfectly for a showhorse i.e. see all 4 legs at the same time. Only a few of the breeds are expected to stand with their hind legs splayed out behind them or looking like the amazing two legged horse!

[/ QUOTE ]

Was about to say the same!

FOr showing this is the perfect stand! showing all legs
smile.gif
inside and out

S_N

Visit site
You don't want to bicker - just stir up history, where I believe I admited to making a mistake. Thanks - much appreciated Debbie!

Tia

Visit site
No I'm not the one stirring - you do it often with other people's horses - I don't. Get peed if you like; makes no difference to me; I am only pointing out what I see happening on here.