Thoughts on this horse?

magic104

www.jc-countryside.co.uk
I understand & I also think that the angle the photo's are taken can change the shape of a horse anyway. If I had not liked the mare on this post I would not have made the comment "Sorry, but I like her". I would have kept quiet as you say there are enough bad comments passed without adding to them.

sallyf

Visit site
It doesnt bother me know as it was quite some time ago and i think that i let everyone know what i thought then.
Anyway said horse was virtually unbeaten in hand when judged by some of the best in the country so i know whose opinion i respect the most.
But i do think people can be a bit selfish and get carried along with it.
Dont want to be seen to disagree .

X

xspiralx

Actually I agree with Tia. Think everyone is very quick to jump on the bandwagon and pick faults. Why does it matter? and I think if its not your horse, you don't have a right to get people to pull apart its faults.

severnmiles

Visit site
I've not read the other posts but I'm guessing she's a pure TB with racing lines, little upright in that front leg, a bit straight in the shoulder but I'd forgive the other faults. I'd buy her like that tomorrow.....now you're going to tell me she's naff..or even worse some european bred warmblood! lol
crazy.gif

severnmiles

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
You'd have thought they could get him to stand at least 'sort of square' for that sort of stud fee though wouldn't you
tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Square? Why would you want him stood square for a stud pic?

severnmiles

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You'd have thought they could get him to stand at least 'sort of square' for that sort of stud fee though wouldn't you
tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

NOOoooooo they don't like them to stand square in Kentucky! They make them stand like that, so that all 4 legs can be seen!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes quite, any stallion should be stood like that for a stud pic, any horse thats being shown should be stood like that too. Its correct, it gives you a better idea of conformation aswell.

severnmiles

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Neither do I......BUT she has other contributing factors, which are nice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes she certainly does!!

Including her price tag - $7.1m

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh hell....not naff or a european warmblood then...ok then I change what I wrote...I'd buy her tomorrow if I had $7.1mil to spend on a broodmare!
crazy.gif

emma69

Visit site
I won't be commenting on confirmation or otherwise, but I will add some thoughts on the matter. I generally don't reply to posts asking what I think about a horse for a couple of reasons 1) if it is a horse for sale, the person posting doesn't really have the right to pop it on an open forum 2) If someone is posting about a horse they just bought, I am not going to pop their balloon, because at this stage it is too late.

If someone PMs me, that's different, and it's also different if it is something like someone asking if their mare + stud horse would make a good combo and why. I will also comment honestly about someone asking how much they should advertize for as an obvious confirmation problem may mean they would be wasting time and money if they were not aware of the problem