Thrilled! Wildcard for CS!

Prince33Sp4rkle

Visit site
Whilst idly browsing the net yesterday afternoon I saw on the BD forums that the first lot of wildcards had been issued... Rushed to look at the homepage and was over the moon to see we have got one for the PSG :)

I’m so so so happy for CS, he deserves this. His way of going has improved hugely over the last year, but also his attitude and work ethic have more or less (!!!) turned over a new leaf and he deserves this chance to shine.

The 2013 Winters were a big milestone for us; I felt that being at a stay away show like that made us both man up and kick on a bit and I’m hoping it has a similar effect this time round.

And both the boys have of course got new bling to take with them from the fantastic Equiture!

CS is his new megabling:
peabrowband_zps5c37bd7a.jpg

Figs is being made up so here's a nice headshot of his current on in the meantime:
figbrowband_zps9e334ede.jpg

And a little something else... New sparkly navy blue Harry’s Horse booties from Fur Feather Meds (looooads of yummy colours available!) and sparkly ‘garters’ too:
boots_zpsfb1966c9.jpg

Having done a lot of reading, on here and also the general net about the re-training of reactions (to spooky or unsettling situations) we now have a once night a week spook night at sparkle towers.

Last week it was the pit of doom as per NMT's Keysoe report, and this week the tunnel of death... Fillers with plastic bags tied onto them!!! (the gale force winds really added to the effect...)

peat_zpsc81d4d29.jpg

CS is encouraged to turn his slight tension in to energy, to take that spook and turn it in to a piaffe or passage. After initially warming up by riding med trot and canter through the tunnel he then came round and piaffed through. He isn’t a spooky horse generally, but can mentally shut down and go behind my leg at shows. So hoping this encourages him to use the tension more productively.

figt_zps2b8102c2.jpg

Fig on the other hand has the natural inclination to block with his neck and go shooting off. So, NMT worked on calm halts (and pats) before/in/after the obstacle, and asking him to stay soft and round through his neck before moving forward again. By the end of the session Fig was cantering through on a long rein quite happily :)

The boys have a joint date at Vale View next week so will be interested to see how they are :)

Pigeon

Visit site
Awwww well done you!!! (and Pea!!) You both really deserve it! :D

Love the photo of Fig where you can see his breath!

wench

Visit site
Just out of interest, what are you feeding CS on now? He looked nice and muscly in some of your pictures I looked at last week!

Prince33Sp4rkle

Visit site
2.25 scoops (dry weight) Havens slobbermash, soaked.
1.5 scoops (dry weight) rolled oats, soaked.
1 scoop winergy high energy.

split over 3 feeds.

plus 1 scoop alfa a oil prior to riding.

its the slobbermash thats made the biggest difference i think, but it has also buzzed him up!

The oats have made a massive diff to Fig in terms of weight :)

LMR

Visit site
2.25 scoops (dry weight) Havens slobbermash, soaked.
1.5 scoops (dry weight) rolled oats, soaked.
1 scoop winergy high energy.

split over 3 feeds.

plus 1 scoop alfa a oil prior to riding.

its the slobbermash thats made the biggest difference i think, but it has also buzzed him up!

The oats have made a massive diff to Fig in terms of weight :)

Why do you soak the oats? I'm thinking of feeding rolled oats for weight gain.