Thunderbrook Feeds - your thoughts & experiences please

Renvers

Visit site
Agrobs musli? It is the same idea but mine find it more palatable. (I have 5 barefooters, so diet is crucial.)

Thanks Catembi that is good to hear. A local (but not my usual) feed merchant stocks it will pop over tomorrow and get some to try it out

TGM

Visit site
Wasn't the TB Musli a response to the Agrobs one coming on to the market? First they tried to rubbish Agrobs and say they weren't organic. Then they brought out their own Musli to compete. Their products didn't use alpine grasses before.

I remember when Thunderbrook first started they were very scathing about 'fibre feeds' and said that the fibre should be coming from grazing and hay and you just needed their 'base mix' alongside it. But they seem to have done a total U turn now and it seems the majority of their products are fibre based now.

TPO

Visit site
I remember when Thunderbrook first started they were very scathing about 'fibre feeds' and said that the fibre should be coming from grazing and hay and you just needed their 'base mix' alongside it. But they seem to have done a total U turn now and it seems the majority of their products are fibre based now.

Exactly! Dr Deborah was trying to tell me that my 16.3hh TB only needed base mix (that there were no available ingredients or analysis for) during winter and if I insisted I could manually chop/scissor hay to bulk out the feed ??‍♀️

I had bought the Base Mix directly from my then (first) trimmer when I initially went barefoot. I bought it because of his pressure and he was equally dismissive of my questions about ingredients and calories etc. That's why I phoned TB directly and was spoken to like something she had stood in. So patronising and apparently customers dont need to know the details od the feed because they arent able to understand it anyway. That is why she has done all the hard work behind the scenes ?

The feed went on the muckheap straight after that call and it only took two more trims for me to click that the trimmer was a total nut job and not indicative of all "bf hippies"!

Frumpoon

Visit site
Exactly! Dr Deborah was trying to tell me that my 16.3hh TB only needed base mix (that there were no available ingredients or analysis for) during winter and if I insisted I could manually chop/scissor hay to bulk out the feed ??‍♀️

I had bought the Base Mix directly from my then (first) trimmer when I initially went barefoot. I bought it because of his pressure and he was equally dismissive of my questions about ingredients and calories etc. That's why I phoned TB directly and was spoken to like something she had stood in. So patronising and apparently customers dont need to know the details od the feed because they arent able to understand it anyway. That is why she has done all the hard work behind the scenes ?

The feed went on the muckheap straight after that call and it only took two more trims for me to click that the trimmer was a total nut job and not indicative of all "bf hippies"!

They sound like the perfect match

Reactions: TPO

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site

I bought a bag of that base mix once about 6 years ago. Genuinely could not find a single horse that would eat it. Assume it was a dodgy bag or something but either way I wasn't in any hurry to buy anything else from them.

TPO

Visit site
I bought a bag of that base mix once about 6 years ago. Genuinely could not find a single horse that would eat it. Assume it was a dodgy bag or something but either way I wasn't in any hurry to buy anything else from them.

It was just like grit and for the good it did my horse it might as well have been.

Just been nosing online to remind myself and back then (no idea if ingredients/analysis have changed) it was low in copper and magnesium. A few prominent posts on FB of people being banned from groups and harassed by Eddie for pointing that out.

Thunderbrook and Eddie still AWOL on FB but Deborah's page is still there.

As you'd expect there are eejits defending him, denying his behaviours (not just the sex pest part) and continuing to promote them for "sponsorship". A lot of people appear to be unaware that Eddie and Deborah own the company so it's highly unlikely that there will be any stepping down or away from TB by them.

I'd you search TB on fb plenty of comments about some not above board things happening regarding the quality of their ingredients too.

I've not been on their website for years but a poster on FB has written that TB had launched an organic range ? was that not supposed to be the premise of ALL of their feeds??

TGM

Visit site
A lot of people appear to be unaware that Eddie and Deborah own the company so it's highly unlikely that there will be any stepping down or away from TB by them.

It is certainly true that Debbie owns the company, but Companies House list her as the only Director and the only person with 'significant control'. Eddie has been listed previously as their 'Business Development Manager' but I don't think he actually has any 'ownership' of the business.

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
There seems to be 2 companies listed on Companies house both with Deborah Carley as the only officer, one incorporated in 2014 one in 2016, the more recent one is dormant. It would show previous officers so he had no role in either of those in the past however TB obviously the existed prior to 2014 so maybe he had more of a role then.

IveRunOutOfNamesToThinkOf

Visit site
There seems to be 2 companies listed on Companies house both with Deborah Carley as the only officer, one incorporated in 2014 one in 2016, the more recent one is dormant. It would show previous officers so he had no role in either of those in the past however TB obviously the existed prior to 2014 so maybe he had more of a role then.

They are in a relationship and own properties together. I understand he does all the business management and has from day one. She does all the nutrition and pre covid They have both been involved since day on, and he was active in the company last week.

There was a newspaper article I linked further up the thread.

Even though her name only is listed as a MD (which could be for any number of reasons) he does gain as much from the business through their relationship and certainly seems the most hands on of the pair.

criso

Visit site
They are in a relationship and own properties together. I understand he does all the business management and has from day one. She does all the nutrition and pre covid They have both been involved since day on, and he was active in the company last week.

There was a newspaper article I linked further up the thread.

Even though her name only is listed as a MD (which could be for any number of reasons) he does gain as much from the business through their relationship and certainly seems the most hands on of the pair.

I'm not saying he's not involved, just that he has no legal status, she is the only director and shareholder listed since it was incorporated in 2014. In the article it talks about him going to work for TB so effectively he is an employee albeit a key one.

TPO

Visit site
It is certainly true that Debbie owns the company, but Companies House list her as the only Director and the only person with 'significant control'. Eddie has been listed previously as their 'Business Development Manager' but I don't think he actually has any 'ownership' of the business.

Apologies, my mistake. I was sure that he claimed that during his many (many, many) rants

Visit site
I'm not saying he's not involved, just that he has no legal status, she is the only director and shareholder listed since it was incorporated in 2014. In the article it talks about him going to work for TB so effectively he is an employee albeit a key one.

You are right, in the legal terms he isn’t an owner or shareholder. I’m guessing he receives a wage which is written off as an expense the way many businesses do which is completely legal.

Im actually quite tempted to ring them up though, as when I asked to speak to someone in charge he made it very clear that there was no one above him. If I was brave enough to tell him he was just an employee that is ?

Some of the responses on Facebook make me a sad for the world we live in though. Although most I’ve seen have been condemning his behaviour, it’s the ones which say ‘he’s always been nice to me and never behaved that way’ or the like.

Like that’s ok then. I once met someone who went onto become a murderer, should I say ‘well he never murdered me so I have no issue with him?’

None of this is aimed at you by the way, I appreciate you clarifying the legal standpoint thank you

criso

Visit site
I'm one of the people who he was rude to on facebook and email on a few occasions and fall into the wouldn't buy their feeds if you paid me category.

I haven't seen that much on facebook beyond a couple of people I know sharing a post, are people really defending him?

TPO

Visit site
I'm one of the people who he was rude to on facebook and email on a few occasions and fall into the wouldn't buy their feeds if you paid me category.

I haven't seen that much on facebook beyond a couple of people I know sharing a post, are people really defending him?

Yip, including an ex employee

She seems to be of the opinion the people looking for virtual PA jobs in the Philippines have conspired against an "owner" of a horse feed company and it has probably been set up by other people/companies (?) jealous of TBs success.... she also admits to having been on the receiving end of abuse from him. You couldn't make it up??‍♀️

If you put Thunderbrook into the search bar on FB public posts and comments come up, or at least they do for me and I'm technically inept!

Visit site

Most aren’t thankfully, but there are some. One I saw even seemed to justify his actions due to his past trauma. That was an ex employee and friend of Dr Carley, even though she admitted she’d been on the receiving end of the abuse. There was victim blaming there because the full responses by the victim including any photographs she may have sent weren’t shown in the screenshots.

Others were like this one “I've used TB since it very first come onto the scene , and have met Eddie in person. He was polite, respectful and very informative..My horses at the time thrived on TB as do my freinds who decided to use it. ..”

Visit site
Yip, including an ex employee

She seems to be of the opinion the people looking for virtual PA jobs in the Philippines have conspired against an "owner" of a horse feed company and it has probably been set up by other people/companies (?) jealous of TBs success.... she also admits to having been on the receiving end of abuse from him. You couldn't make it up??‍♀️

If you put Thunderbrook into the search bar on FB public posts and comments come up, or at least they do for me and I'm technically inept!

Cross posted with you there but seems we’ve both read the same post!

criso

Visit site
I only got 2 posts come up one of which is someone I know. I'll look at the comments on the other. Surprised it's not more but then he's been so publicly aggressive in the past, maybe people are nervous of sharing.

Visit site
I only got 2 posts come up one of which is someone I know. I'll look at the comments on the other. Surprised it's not more but then he's been so publicly aggressive in the past, maybe people are nervous of sharing.

Facebook does seem odd sometimes in what it shows in a search. I’ve saved posts I’ve found so I can follow them. I’ve also tried every combination of their name and different wording.

That was how I accidentally stumbled across the post from the filipino site in the first place, not that I was expecting to find something like that. I was just looking to see if others had experienced bad customer service and not been silenced.

I don’t know how to link to other Facebook posts but maybe TPO can to the one in question.

criso

Visit site
Yes I found a couple of others by putting his name in but really not finding a lot which makes me wonder if they are managing to get things taken down from groups.