Tokyo Eventing SJ thread

Lexi_

Visit site
must be a weird mental position to be in, keep your nerve for the team slot, then a mix of celebration and trying to stay focused, really tough on the old noggin!

I think this is the main reason I don’t like the two rounds of showjumping. You want them to be able to get off and celebrate, not have to deal with personal disappointment and then psyche themselves back up again!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
I think this is the main reason I don’t like the two rounds of showjumping. You want them to be able to get off and celebrate, not have to deal with personal disappointment and then psyche themselves back up again!
yeah it's similar to having to get back on form for the dressage freestyle, only you've got like an hour to prepare instead of a day. the tension must be quite a challenge.

Lexi_

Visit site
Oli looked happier than I was expecting…

Must be weird in something that isn’t usually a team sport to try and park your individual feelings and then be happy on a team level. I mean it’s a gold medal! But he’s so competitive he’s probably gutted about having that pole down.

Kat

Visit site
amazing result.Ollie didn't look happy. i fancy Tom to get an individual medal too

Can't blame him really, he's lost his lead and he was facing a lot of people saying that he and Ballaghmor Class were the weakest showjumpers on the team etc and he's now not going to FOD. He wouldn't be human if he wasn't a touch disappointed

OrangeAndLemon

Afraid of exorcism
Visit site
I can understand why he is a bit disappointed, he thinks he may have lost his individual chance at gold.
When he looks back and reflects once he gets home and has some time with family and friends he'll be happy. If someone had told him before he'd be coming home with just one gold medal (either competition) I'm sure he'd be over the moon.

ETA: obviously still expecting him to come home with more than that

j1ffy

Visit site
He did when he came out, to be fair. He'll just be kicking himself about that fence, I'd imagine. I wouldn't bet against Julia, she looked fabulous when she jumped before and Oli will know that.

I think his competitive nature kicked in - he looked very happy once the achievement sunk in.

Julia's horse was on springs, the individual rounds will be extremely tense!!

Wishfilly

Visit site
As much as I would not bet against Julia, I would also not have bet on Sandra having a run out! Or on Tim Price having poles down. I think it is all there to play for still!

Wishfilly

Visit site
Tell me quickly what did LC do I have to go away from a signal

Bit of a spook at the water tray so took quite a lot of the fence out, but recovered well, 4 faults no time. Currently in 5th but she could still medal, just a tiny bit over one fence behind Julia.