Tokyo Pentathlon SJ

Rowreach

👀
Visit site
yeah agreed. I think it's OK for the horses to be the "tools" which they must be, because the athletes have no involvement with them beyond their 20 min slot... *provided* they are adequately competent. It's really obvious which of them have put enough into their riding training, and the others should be doing the same.

But this element of the sport has been a disgrace for decades and absolutely nothing has been done to change it. I very much hope it changes now. I hate seeing horses used like this, then blamed for destroying someone’s Olympic hopes ???

piebaldproblems

Visit site
Ukrainian has messy equitation but again didn't seem to be causing horse much upset. That said, this Brit doesn't look too clean a rider either.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
GB rider wasnt as polished as some of the others but I thought he was effective.
yeah. much less wincing on behalf of the horses today i think. a little messy but not causing the horse a problem is *Ok* in this sport i think.. in my mind these are a bit like RS horses in terms of what they are getting from the riders - some better than others?

piebaldproblems

Visit site
Lots of mouth opening and closing with this horse, but at least it doesn't have a flash.

Edit: and very happy to see how thankful rider is to horse

fetlock

Visit site
Though it's car crash viewing, I do enjoy the pentathlon showjumping, when I remember it's on.
Perhaps they need to drop the fence heights by a pole and perhaps take out the treble.
It's far from the easiest of courses for a novice rider, especially when they're on a strange horse.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Though it's car crash viewing, I do enjoy the pentathlon showjumping, when I remember it's on.
Perhaps they need to drop the fence heights by a pole and perhaps take out the treble.
It's far from the easiest of courses for a novice rider, especially when they're on a strange horse.
I don't think I'd want it to be easier. the standard of riding needs to be increased. the athletes that are good riders make it look pretty straightforward. if the fences were lower then there would be less incentive to improve. How we lowly HHOers get the MP powers that be to work on that somehow, i have no idea though!!

Kadastorm

Visit site
So far, I have 8 on a list of competitors that (in my opinion) were not up to the standard. Not saying others weren’t messy but the rest gave with their hands and didn’t interfere too much, allowing the horses to do their job. I do think that they shouldn’t wear spurs because alot of them do not have the lower leg control that’s needed to use them safely.