Tragic accident RIP Loki

sandi_84

Visit site
Thank you everyone for your kind words, I cannot describe the loss we are all feeling right now but it is helping to hear friends and family share their happy memories of him. He gave us all a lot of those in the short time he was in our lives.

Loki touched a lot of people with his calm, friendly, happy outlook on life. He brought a lot of love and joy to my friends, family and all the kids who used to ride him at our old yard and we are all going to miss him more than I could ever say. We had all expected to have this sweet boy in our lives for many years to come especially since he was so young and this has come as an incredible shock, I almost can't believe that he is gone.

My OH went to help with the burial yesterday because I know what it looks like to move and bury a horse, I didn't want to see my wonderful boy that way. OH loved Loki so much and Loki clearly loved him too, they were like mischievous boys together sometimes! He has been as devastated as I am but he wanted to see that he was treated with the respect he deserved and was safe in his resting place.
Loki is now with R's horses in a lovely spot with trees and flowers. The local man who buried him said a little prayer and R laid some flowers for him.

I am so thankful to everyone who was there the other day, and everyone who wasn't - when OH's boss's wife was told she had her old highland ready to walk the 4 and bit miles from the forge to the field to help in any way she could and OH's parents who although hundreds of miles away have offered any help we need - they reacted quickly and with Loki's best interests at heart and undoubtedly made Loki as comfortable and calm as he could be until I could get there, I will forever be grateful for the compassion they showed him.

I will be going round at some point to say thanks in person but if any here recognize Loki or the events of the accident and are one of the wonderful people who rallied to help I would like you to know just how much it means to me that you were all there for my lovely boy.

He has left a massive hole in our hearts and lives and we will always be poorer for his loss but we will remember all the joy, giggles and unquestioning love he gave us and for that he made our lives richer and we will always be thankful that he found his way to us and brightened all of our lives.

We will miss you and your antics handsome menace pony and we will always love you.

merrymeasure

www.winningpost-art.co.uk
That is a lovely tribute to Loki, and it is so easy to see what he meant to you. I am so sorry you have had to go through this awful accident, but take a small crumb of comfort that everything that could be done for him to keep him calm was done. What wonderful support you have had from friends and family.The impression he made on you in the short time he shared your lives will stay with you forever.Again, my deepest, deepest sympathy.It is never easy to lose them, but to lose one in such a tragic way is so cruel.Bless you, he is at peace now.Treasure your memories, and one day you will smile again at his memory. xx