Update on vetting!

Birker2020

Visit site
Just getting an insurance quote as we speak. Insurance lady not sure about what constitutes safe storage of tack, ie. has to be alarmed or a container/padlock etc.

Then said she would have to speak to underwriters as I wanted to value the horse at £2.5K less than I'm paying for him (to keep my premium down). Surely you can value for what you want, I don't understand the issue. SEIB and KBIS when I was shopping for quotes in July for an idea of how much my premium was likely to be on a 'made up horse amount' didn't care when I wanted to drop from £10k to £8K.

DirectorFury

Visit site
Then said she would have to speak to underwriters as I wanted to value the horse at £2.5K less than I'm paying for him (to keep my premium down). Surely you can value for what you want, I don't understand the issue. SEIB and KBIS when I was shopping for quotes in July for an idea of how much my premium was likely to be on a 'made up horse amount' didn't care when I wanted to drop from £10k to £8K.
Petplan won't let you undervalue the horse -- they insisted on tripling the value of mine when my insurance was up for renewal as horse prices went nuts this summer. This had the handy side effect of more than doubling my premium too :mad:. I've gone back to self-insuring now.

SO1

Visit site
Insurance companies can be a bit funny. I thought you can insure for whatever value you choose as they only pay out the value insured or the market rate whichever is less.

However when I wanted to drop the value on my insurance recently for my 19 yr old veteran NF from 3000 to 2000 they told me NF prices are very strong at the moment and therefore didn't want to do it.

Just getting an insurance quote as we speak. Insurance lady not sure about what constitutes safe storage of tack, ie. has to be alarmed or a container/padlock etc.

AandK

Visit site
Insurance companies can be a bit funny. I thought you can insure for whatever value you choose as they only pay out the value insured or the market rate whichever is less.

However when I wanted to drop the value on my insurance recently for my veteran NF from 3000 to 2000 they told me NF prices are very strong at the moment and therefore didn't want to do it.

That doesn't make sense to me, surely dropping the value is in their favour? Given it's always the lesser of market value or insured value that they pay out. I guess the current market is having this sort of effect.

eggs

Visit site
Part of the problem may be that for the higher value (the price you are paying) insurance may require x-rays which you may not have had done at his vetting so they may think there is an issue with the horse (who looks lovely by the way).

Maybe phone another company and just say you are paying the same amount that you want to insure him for.

eahotson

Visit site
Congratulations
Passed. With honours. :p:D:D:D

16.3hh Lari is coming to live with me on Friday. So chuffed. But I have so much to organise now, I don't know where to start. He's such a sweet horse and I am delighted its the start of a new future for both of us. His owner has been so lovely, I think she is sad to see him going.

!

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
Congratulations!!!

I wouldn't lie to the insurers, they need to know how much you paid or it is fraud, so I wouldn't follow that advice upthread.

I have insured for less before as I pointed out that the horse had been professionally produced for sale, so lost value as soon as I bought him, as I could not produce him the same to a potential buyer. That worked for me!