Update on vetting!

ihatework

Visit site
Just getting an insurance quote as we speak. Insurance lady not sure about what constitutes safe storage of tack, ie. has to be alarmed or a container/padlock etc.

Then said she would have to speak to underwriters as I wanted to value the horse at £2.5K less than I'm paying for him (to keep my premium down). Surely you can value for what you want, I don't understand the issue. SEIB and KBIS when I was shopping for quotes in July for an idea of how much my premium was likely to be on a 'made up horse amount' didn't care when I wanted to drop from £10k to £8K.

Plenty of insurance companies will under insure. I’ve done it frequently.

BBP

Visit site
NFU based on standard cover at £10,000 with £5,000 vets fees doing the usual riding club stuff. £2011 a year or £171 a month.
I nearly fell off my chair!

Apparently its because he's a WB and 10! WTF ????
Wow!!! NFU told me they would have to contact their underwriters because I had had vet treatment for BBP in 2020 (uninsured and paid for myself) then they never called me back, your money is obviously more attractive than mine! At 2k a year I think I’d be self insuring.

Congrats by the way!!

ihatework

Visit site
Is that under insuring on purchase price or on what you believe the horse to be worth?

I've been asked for a receipt to prove purchase price before with SEIB.

It doesn’t really matter.
Most companies ask what you paid for the horse (that’s where you need to be truthful) and what you want to insure it for. Some will do a nominal cost (eg £500) but that used to be more commonly available, many are capping now e.g. 50% of purchase price.

KBIS challenged us once. We bought a 5k 4yo and by the time it was 7 and had a very solid BE record they challenged the price insured ?

McFluff

Visit site
Congratulations - he looks lovely.

Please don't lie to (or even unintentionally, mislead) the insurers. That will make all your premiums a waste of money as any discrepancy can result in them not paying out. I had to provide a receipt when making a claim when I put my mare down (which thankfully I had kept). So even if they don't ask for a receipt now, they may well do in the future.

ETA: I had mine insured for a nominal value, which by agreement was not what I paid for her - they still wanted the receipt on final settlement.

The Irish Draft 2022

Visit site
Congratulations he is stunning insurance company do try to screw people over who have expensive horse. I wonder was this horse previously insured by that company. I would shop around for the best deal I probably would insured for 3 thousand because he makes it look realistic.

SO1

Visit site
I am with NFU and I have my 19 yr old NF insured for 3k and my tack for 900 PL not included and covered with BSH gold membership and it almost £100 a month. They are very good though in paying out over the last 14 years.

I think with rises in employer NI contributions and energy prices for running offices the price of everything will go up.

NFU based on standard cover at £10,000 with £5,000 vets fees doing the usual riding club stuff. £2011 a year or £171 a month.
I nearly fell off my chair!

Apparently its because he's a WB and 10! WTF ????

dixie

Visit site
I’ve under insured before too with Pet Plan but maybe they’ve changed their rules.
I insured a horse earlier this year for £10k with a premium of just under £1k with a broker. It doesn’t include PL but I get that through Harry hall for £3.33 pm.
if you want the name of the broker pm me and I’ll dig it out.