Very sad advert

RuthM

Visit site
I feel soooo guilty. I'm clicking refresh to watch when the supporters turn up!

But still, individuals aside, I stand by my 1st post way back on page 6 ish. Animal welfare depends on financially supporting good animal husbandry. Even 50 quid is 50 too much to give where you know it can go straight towards further bad care, and someone that has had many for sale will buy again. Thinking that is not a known factor is verging on willful ignorance. The chances of it not being so are somewhere in the region of a lottery jackpot win!

It's not about sacrificing poor sweet Tilly, it's about wanting fewer Tillys. Boycotting bad traders will certainly not stop it but over time it can have an effect to reduce suffering. Supporting them won't double it overnight but over time is has the effect of increasing suffering.

I can't click in to watch the fireworks without nailing my own colours where they belong!

Littlelegs

Visit site
In fairness, even if the dealer says nobody called I wouldn't rate them as a highly believable character.
And if its true, then is it not possible that Natalie maybe had second thoughts but didn't want to admit it? Her responses to those (including myself) who thought she wasn't best placed to buy the horse show she was a bit sensitive, so unlikely to immediately say 'actually you're right, bad idea'. I'd rather give her the benefit of the doubt & think if she was lying it was to save face, rather than accusing her of attention seeking or being a troll. Until I have reason to believe otherwise, I think her only fault was lack of experience & being a bit thin skinned, not exactly evil crimes.

Vixen Van Debz

Visit site
Surely a dealer/seller would want to say there had been calls even if they weren't, to try and get potential leads to snap her up ahead of competiton? Between the dealer bluntly saying no and knowing S'teamed on and off the forum, I believe her when she's realyed to us that no call was ever made.

Goldenstar

Visit site
Surely a dealer/seller would want to say there had been calls even if they weren't, to try and get potential leads to snap her up ahead of competiton? Between the dealer bluntly saying no and knowing S'teamed on and off the forum, I believe her when she's realyed to us that no call was ever made.

She relayed to us that she was told no call was made .i certainly am happy to believe that.

Wagtail

Horse servant
Visit site
Oh no I've come to that conclusion over years!!

But I am tending to believe S'teamed's post rather than Natalie's....

So you believe the seller would divulge whether he had a phone call yesterday to a complete stranger? :confused:

I don't know about you, but if I am selling something, I like to tell people I have had a lot on interest, not tell people that no one has called if they have. Yes, the plot thickens...

rara007

Visit site
I still don't see why this pony needs to be 'saved' ? :confused: It's for sale, and if anyone wants it they can buy it, but it's hardly a rescue in that case is it :confused:

pip6

Visit site
As an aside, I went on the DD site which I have to confess I would usually avoid like the plague, not liking to see cobs, youngsters broken at silly ages etc. Sorry to all cob owners, but they just don't float my boat;). The thing that really made me sad was the heavy chestnut fillt described as having 'severe bog burn'. If it's that bad they put it in the main advert info, you wonder how long this animal has been left without the very basic level of husbandry and vet attention. Poor girl.:(

Fairynuff

Visit site
As an aside, I went on the DD site which I have to confess I would usually avoid like the plague, not liking to see cobs, youngsters broken at silly ages etc. Sorry to all cob owners, but they just don't float my boat;). The thing that really made me sad was the heavy chestnut fillt described as having 'severe bog burn'. If it's that bad they put it in the main advert info, you wonder how long this animal has been left without the very basic level of husbandry and vet attention. Poor girl.:(

I may be wrong, but, bog burn is when the feathers are ruined eg stained/thinned etc. I doubt very much that A, the animal would be in pain and B, a vet would be interested. :)

FWIW I dont see the filly needing much more than a good grooming a wormer and a good dose of Doc Green.

Paint Me Proud

Visit site

The trend on DD at the moment is for yards and yards of feather on your cobs. So i have noticed that the sellers, if they have a horse that doesnt have alot of feather, say it is bog burned hence the lack of feather. People buy them and they wonder why they dont grow the feather back.....they never had any in the first place.

flump

Visit site
Have only read a few of the posts but just to let you know the little grey mule is sold, i rang him up yesterday and wanted to go up today but he's gone :( Hopefully a nice happy home :)

Natalieshort

Visit site
The vendor said he had no calls made for a viewing? :S well thats a damn lie! We went and we stayed for half an hour and he didnt turn up! then he text me at 9ish saying "sorry couldnt turn up, maybe another time" and has actually text my boyfriend again, when would we like another visit!!

Ladydragon

Visit site
So you believe the seller would divulge whether he had a phone call yesterday to a complete stranger? :confused:

I don't know about you, but if I am selling something, I like to tell people I have had a lot on interest, not tell people that no one has called if they have. Yes, the plot thickens...

Apparently so... :D

Although personally, even if I had rung the seller and they'd said something along those lines, I wouldn't presume it to be factual unless I'd actually had my beady little eye on the phone...:)

Wagtail

Horse servant
Visit site
Apparently so... :D

Although personally, even if I had rung the seller and they'd said something along those lines, I wouldn't presume it to be factual unless I'd actually had my beady little eye on the phone...:)

I think S'teamed was just playing a hunch TBH. :cool:

Moomin1

Visit site
I take it the excitement and glamour of buying Tilly has worn off for Natalie now then...

No mention of getting back in touch with the seller...

That lasted long! Dedication at it's finest

Ladydragon

Visit site
I take it the excitement and glamour of buying Tilly has worn off for Natalie now then...

No...but according to her last post, the seller did contact her... :D

Gotta be honest though, if I was Natalie whether I decided to go and see/get her or not I wouldn't mention it on here...

Damned if she does and damned if she doesn't...

Moomin1

Visit site
No...but according to her last post, the seller did contact her... :D

Gotta be honest though, if I was Natalie whether I decided to go and see/get her or not I wouldn't mention it on here...

Damned if she does and damned if she doesn't...

I suppose you are right. If Natalie is that touchy about being told she needs more experience at taking on a youngster then I think she would think twice about posting again!

Ibblebibble

Visit site

Im not being touchy about the whole experience thing. It's just boring now, that is all :)

this is probably the answer to your question moomin;) it's all got 'boring' now:rolleyes: