Very sad advert

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
Most of you are just being boring now. I CAN AFFORD HER AND I CAN AFFORD THE UPBRINGING OF HER. Do people not understand this? vet bills or not.. personally, i dont have anything to pay for! all my money goes on my horses as im very lucky but thats personal. Ive said i can give this little one a loving forever home so whats the problem?

I am not boring :D £ 20 ready for her

ABC

Visit site
And if Natalie can't - I can. :)

I'm on my phone at the moment Natalie, but I'll try resending my PM on my computer later. :)

Natalieshort

Visit site
A colic op is at least £5000 - get her insured! No use saying it won't happen to me! And believe me worms, strangles and anything else infectious she may have can be a big drain on resources!

You may be a multimillionaire for all we know but from personal experience I know how a sob story can add up!

Yes i know, i would definately get her insured as im sure she won't have been treated for anything

RuthM

Visit site
Most of you are just being boring now. I CAN AFFORD HER AND I CAN AFFORD THE UPBRINGING OF HER. Do people not understand this? vet bills or not.. personally, i dont have anything to pay for! all my money goes on my horses as im very lucky but thats personal. Ive said i can give this little one a loving forever home so whats the problem?

I don't doubt you have enough cash, the problem is the guy selling will also have more cash soon. Hope the 'harder to shift due to looking well' youngster doesn't lose weight next.

Natalieshort

Visit site
I don't doubt you have enough cash, the problem is the guy selling will also have more cash soon. Hope the 'harder to shift due to looking well' youngster doesn't lose weight next.

I know but i also said "What is the minimum you would take her for" and he didnt sound bothered he just sounded like he wanted to get rid of her asap! he said he will talk about this tonight so hopefully i have to give him the money.. or not alot of it anyway!

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
Natalieshort has already said she can afford her , and since she has horses of her own I think she is fully aware of running cost of a horse. If she can do it we can do our bit too.

I think we have had enough negativity now , anyone who thinks its full hardy mad etc . We know

We only need positive things now for Tilly from the member who want to donate. :)

bensababy

Visit site
Totally agree! my boyfriend is ringing up to arrange a viewing either tonight or tomorrow (if they can) i want to get her out of there asap, get her looking proper! makes me sick how anybody can do this though! they must think we are thick!

Sorry i have to ask - you mentioned earlier you were not experienced enough.. and now you will get her "looking proper" - this concerns me more.

I know your heart is in it and you mean well, but if you dont know what your doing its a worry.

Sorry just my opinion.

YasandCrystal

Visit site
I think you are all overly optimistic if you really believe that the BHS/RSPCA or WHW would do anything about the filly. There were foals near us repeatedly reported and the answer from the RSPCA - was that they were the most reported qequines in the area - being in full view on a busy road, but they had water and hay so the authorities are powerless unless they are almost dying. Dealers like Bob won#t be ruffled by a welfare organisation. He would have to have a barnfull of starving horses to get a prosecution.

Try visiting Reading market and see the state of the foals sold there with the welfare organisations in attendance.

Good luck tonight Natalie :)

Last edited:

hayinamanger

Visit site
Natalie, I hope everything goes as planned tonight and you can bring this filly home. She will reward your kindness every day. Big hugs (:))))

PercyMum

Visit site
Surely Natalie can look at the filly, make an informed descision about the condition she is in, buy if she feels its a good idea and then report the guy after? I agree that this sort of poor breeding should not be supported but equally why should one horse (or any horse) suffer for a principle?

And whoever mentioned NF ponies, dont even get me started about that appaling state of affairs :mad:

Good luck Natalie - I am sure you will make the right choice.

hairycob

Visit site
If Natalieshort has the cash to pay for her this evening & can afford to keep her why don't you all donate your £20 to WHW or whoever you prefer to avoid complications.

After all - how many of you know anything about Natalie? Not saying she isn't a lovely person because I don't know her & she has only made a few posts - many of them on this thread. But unless you know her in real life she could be any or none of the following:
1) a fantastic horsewoman who can turn this filly's life around.
2) A looney horse collector who will leave her dumped & neglected in a field.
3) Well intentioned but naive who manages to cope with experienced help.
4) Well intentioned but naive who doesn't manage to cope leading to more suffering for Tilly
5) In league with the dealer to get your money.

Natalie may well be the loveliest & most well intentioned horsewoman in the world, but there have been less lovely people who have used this forum for less than well intentioned reasons and for your own sakes it would be wise to be a bit more circumspect. Also if the dealer has got wind of this thread he has probably already decided to up the price.

Clava

Visit site
If Natalieshort has the cash to pay for her this evening & can afford to keep her why don't you all donate your £20 to WHW or whoever you prefer to avoid complications.

After all - how many of you know anything about Natalie? Not saying she isn't a lovely person because I don't know her & she has only made a few posts - many of them on this thread. But unless you know her in real life she could be any or none of the following:
1) a fantastic horsewoman who can turn this filly's life around.
2) A looney horse collector who will leave her dumped & neglected in a field.
3) Well intentioned but naive who manages to cope with experienced help.
4) Well intentioned but naive who doesn't manage to cope leading to more suffering for Tilly
5) In league with the dealer to get your money.

Natalie may well be the loveliest & most well intentioned horsewoman in the world, but there have been less lovely people who have used this forum for less than well intentioned reasons and for your own sakes it would be wise to be a bit more circumspect. Also if the dealer has got wind of this thread he has probably already decided to up the price.

I was thinking exactly the same things...

Goldenstar

Visit site
I think you are all overly optimistic if you really believe that the BHS/RSPCA or WHW would do anything about the filly. There were foals near us repeatedly reported and the answer from the RSPCA - was that they were the most reported qequines in the area - being in full view on a busy road, but they had water and hay so the authorities are powerless unless they are almost dying. Dealers like Bob won#t be ruffled by a welfare organisation. He would have to have a barnfull of starving horses to get a prosecution.

Try visiting Reading market and see the state of the foals sold there with the welfare organisations in attendance.

I agree with this , thin 'foal ' just weaned looking poor after a period of terrible wet weather owner probally fully aware of his ' rights ' and how to play the system ( just guessing). I think there's very little that could be done and it has to be said some young ones do look awful at weaning .
It has a lot of hair for its age is that a fresian thing? Does anyone know.

Ladydragon

Visit site
Then I take it you'd happily buy a pup from a pup farm? Not worry that it fuels more suffering for ones not yet born, not be concerned it gives others the idea of it's profitability? I take it the most important thing is to save the one you see despite that act funding and supporting those who inflict the suffering?

Let's hope the better nick gelderlander sells as fast or the dealer will certainly learn which side his bread's buttered!

It can take good breeders an age to sell youngstock - just think about it, you know there are plenty looking for a fast buck and what better way than providing sod all and selling to those who care little about where their money goes and more about being a rescuer.

It isn't new, sympathy buyers have funded all kinds of horrors for an age, and it is known/used.

Please don't try and make presumptions about me or my spending habits when I have merely stated that I don't believe not buying this filly will bring about the end to all bad breeding or that I don't condemn anyone who does decide to get her into a better home... Or perhaps you just like sounding judgemental and condescending... :rolleyes:

I don't need to 'think about' your little lecture thank you...

Archangel

Visit site
There is another advert for a similar horse from same guy
Jimbo so just be prepared to find yourself in a field of similar horses all tugging at your heart strings.

Hope it all goes well, offer £150 and be prepared to go to £200.

YasandCrystal

Visit site
I think the foal is undisputedly poor. It's likely really wormy - I expect the mare was poorly fed all winter so the foal won't have had a good start in life.

We have had a rotten early summer and dealers are tight with hay and feed. The foal is lucky to be a filly by all accounts reading of the killed and dumped colt foals story in last week's H&H.

Quantock-cob

Visit site
hairycob, you have taken the words out of my mouth (although you have said them better than I would have).

I had a lady on my last yard who went around collecting rescue cases. Yes, they were in a terrible state when she got them, but six months later they were even worse. She couldn't afford to have their feet trimmed, worm them or have the two stallions castrated. She was eventually told to leave the yard as she hadn't paid any livery fees for weeks - sadly haven't heard of her since. I do wonder what happened to those poor little ponies. She also had a house full of rescue dogs and cats.

Sadly, sometimes the rescue cases end up needing to be rescued from the well meaning rescuers :( Sometimes it is better to let the professionals deal with them.

Natalieshort

Visit site
There is way too much negativity about little Tilly, This isnt tillys fault so why should nobody give her a loving home? And yes i dont have ALOT of experience but i rescued my trotter mare from a horrible woman and she was in a stable with NOTHING but her poo, wee no water and no food she couldnt be touched, she put her head in the corner of the stable if you went in, no confidence at all! and you should see her now, she isnt the same horse AT ALL! that horrible woman did that to my horse and it still makes me feel sick! my horse is the most confident horse now! she seems so happy and loves my attention, everybody was shocked when they came to see her because of how different she is! personality and looks wise. And i don't have alot of knowledge no, but on my yard they are very friendly people and are always willing to help, and this will be a project for everyone! and i know we can do this so why not? Im trying to help a little youngster but some of you are being so negative about it, i dont see you helping? I dont care if it concerns you or not because you shouldnt be concerned, i wouldnt take her into my responsibility if i knew i couldnt do this. Anyway, thanks to the people who are supportive, im going to a viewing tonight and i dont have to buy her if i dont feel its the right thing she could look ALOT different than to what she does now hopefully! poor little thing. Thanks again and il let you all know what happens! :)

RuthM

Visit site
Please don't try and make presumptions about me or my spending habits when I have merely stated that I don't believe not buying this filly will bring about the end to all bad breeding or that I don't condemn anyone who does decide to get her into a better home... Or perhaps you just like sounding judgemental and condescending... :rolleyes:

I don't need to 'think about' your little lecture thank you...

The statement had a ? therefore not an assumption. And I agree fully not buying 1 filly won't end bad breeding, however, surely you admit a quick sale shows demand in the market? Surely you would agree that this is not want most want to see being in demand?

Meh, there are those who get that and those who don't ergo, the thin filly will likely sell before the plumper one. I accept my attempts to reason the process out don't compete with cute or heroic missions.

Natalieshort

Visit site
Just one more thing to you supportive people, i agree - donate your money to a horse charity or keep it for your horses! atleast i have alot of people wanting to help and its really nice of you :) Tilly has one huge family already LOL!

ElleSkywalker

As excited as Kitty about to be a bridesmaid
Visit site
Goldenstar, I have a fresian x welsh x tb yearling, she did get fluffy (wintered out) but not that fluffy!

She does however have a huge head like this little girl, which makes Tilly filly look odd, but on my well fed youngster looks ok :)

I do however have a NF mare, that was in similar condition to Tilly, she had the.same awful strangely coat, similar length tail and was so skinny I could put a finger either side of her neck and touch them together. I think she was around 9 months when I got her, a very late summer foal.

I think she is older than a foal & has had a hard winter with little nutrition, but with time will be as lovely as my black pony :)

meesha

Visit site
good luck with the viewing/buying - doubt he will want to take it back with him from the carpark so you may get her for not alot - we are all talking you are actually doing something about thiis poor girly so hats off to you ! - would be great if you could let us know how you get on but I agree with some of the others - if you are buying her and bearing all the costs it is nothing to do with anyone else. Saying that if your bf cant go with you to view maybe someone close by on here can accompany you - def. not good idea to go alone and much better to take a large bloke if you can (sorry to be sexist but better safe than sorry) I would say give her a hug from me but you will probably want to de-lice and bath then hug the gorgeous little person !!

ABC

Visit site
Natalie, if you do feel like its the wrong thing to buy her (when you view her) please let me know asap because I'm willing to offer her a home if it falls through.

Good luck x

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
There is way too much negativity about little Tilly, This isnt tillys fault so why should nobody give her a loving home? And yes i dont have ALOT of experience but i rescued my trotter mare from a horrible woman and she was in a stable with NOTHING but her poo, wee no water and no food she couldnt be touched, she put her head in the corner of the stable if you went in, no confidence at all! and you should see her now, she isnt the same horse AT ALL! that horrible woman did that to my horse and it still makes me feel sick! my horse is the most confident horse now! she seems so happy and loves my attention, everybody was shocked when they came to see her because of how different she is! personality and looks wise. And i don't have alot of knowledge no, but on my yard they are very friendly people and are always willing to help, and this will be a project for everyone! and i know we can do this so why not? Im trying to help a little youngster but some of you are being so negative about it, i dont see you helping? I dont care if it concerns you or not because you shouldnt be concerned, i wouldnt take her into my responsibility if i knew i couldnt do this. Anyway, thanks to the people who are supportive, im going to a viewing tonight and i dont have to buy her if i dont feel its the right thing she could look ALOT different than to what she does now hopefully! poor little thing. Thanks again and il let you all know what happens! :)

We will all be waiting to hear how it went good luck Natalie fingers crossed

mulledwhine

Visit site
Have I seen the correct advert? In it they say ' home bred, parents can be seen' !!

Is he taking them to the pub as well?

All sounds very dodgy :(

Good luck all the same :)

If she was closer to me, I would have also been tempted

Last edited:

bensababy

Visit site

There is no need to be so snipey, i was asking a genuine question as you yourself raised your lack of experience.. not me, as a factor to not get her first off.

I respect what you are doing and will happily contribute towards her being transported/bought, i just questioned whether she would be going out the frying pan into the fire thats all.

hairycob

Visit site
Natalie, If this is going to be a project for everyone on your yard I take it you have discussed it fully with them & they are aware of any time commitments you are expecting from them. I'm sorry if you feel I am being negative but I am old & have many times seen the best intentions go horribly wrong because they haven't been properly thought though. You know the old saying about the road to hell?