Very sad advert

pookie

Visit site
Probably nothing has changed. The ad's still there on DD.

I still think, however tempting it is, rushing in and paying neglectful owners money isn't a great idea. Okay, Tilly might be given a decent home, but surely we'd have just made it worth his while to get his mare pregnant again, not feed the resulting foal then stick a similar advert up next year? :confused:

He, and plenty of others, would do that anyway. Given the dearth of people willing to 'rescue'/take on less than ideal animals, lack of buyers doesn't seem to stop these people. As a money-making scheme, relying on people feeling sorry for the horse seems a rather poor business model :)

Princess Jess

Visit site
Iamsanta I totally agree, but I think most people are capable of telling the difference between a mature teenager and one who is childish and rude.
Natalie its such a shame you have continued to post. 20 pages back I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt but it's really getting ridiculous now. Stop posting and let those who enjoy a good argument find something else to get worked up about....

FionaM12

Visit site
He, and plenty of others, would do that anyway. Given the dearth of people willing to 'rescue'/take on less than ideal animals, lack of buyers doesn't seem to stop these people. As a money-making scheme, relying on people feeling sorry for the horse seems a rather poor business model :)

Possibly. But I always think the "if I don't someone else will" arguement is a bit thin.

If there's no market, the trade dies. Every time someone gives money to a rogue dealer they're encouraging him to trade. Awful for the current stock, obviously, but it may be better in the long run if they just can't sell their poorly raised foals. :(

Believe me, I'm trying to convince myself as much as anyone. I'm practically walking distance from the foal in the ad, it's taking self control not to pick up the phone. :(

Last edited:

rema

Visit site
Iamsanta I totally agree, but I think most people are capable of telling the difference between a mature teenager and one who is childish and rude.
Natalie its such a shame you have continued to post. 20 pages back I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt but it's really getting ridiculous now. Stop posting and let those who enjoy a good argument find something else to get worked up about....

Erm i think you will find that she has been given a holiday!!.

rhino

Visit site
I'm not looking to buy but if Tilly needed somewhere to live or stay (even temporarily) I am happy to help.

Every rescue centre in the country is brimming with ponies looking for good homes, could you not offer a home for one of them? :)

Not aimed at you, but generally, why are people so desperate to be seen as 'rescuing?'. I don't think this is a true rescue case, although I would be as pleased as anyone if she ended up somewhere lovely.

Moomin1

Visit site
Every rescue centre in the country is brimming with ponies looking for good homes, could you not offer a home for one of them? :)

Not aimed at you, but generally, why are people so desperate to be seen as 'rescuing?'. I don't think this is a true rescue case, although I would be as pleased as anyone if she ended up somewhere lovely.

This.

martlin

www.martlinequestrian.co.uk
55 pages!! :eek: how do you shorten the pages??

and whats with all the talk about 3 legged horses?? :confused::confused: :eek:

Donkeys, 3 legged donkeys. And I will have you know that it isn't just any 3 legged donkey, it is a 3 legged donkey from the most famous 3 legged donkey family - its grand grand sire was the first 3 legged donkey that managed to get round Badminton... slowly.

FionaM12

Visit site
Now this is a cracking mare and look at the price :eek:
http://www.dragondriving.co.uk/horseforsale-35650.html

Really the market is on its knees :eek:

Maybe it's just the angle, but she does look a bit of a strange shape in the second pic. A long, rather dipped back perhaps? It could be a bad photo, but also the poor lass could have been producing a foal a year since she was foal herself....

I wonder why people don't get a decent pic of a horse standing square when they want to sell? :confused:

Last edited:

LaurenBay

Visit site
Yes Natalie is showing her young age here and by the looks of things has now been banned, which is a shame as she couldv'e learnt alot from the members on this forum (I know I have!)

However I think some of the older members on this threads are the ones acting childish. You say she should stop posting and let the thread die, yet you keep replying to her :confused: if you are all so much wiser and older then perhaps start acting like it and not reply at all. Afterall you are meant to be the adults here and should know better. Natalie is acting her age, perhaps you should all try acting yours!

This isn't aimed at everyone by the way!

rhino

Visit site
55 pages!! :eek: how do you shorten the pages??

and whats with all the talk about 3 legged horses?? :confused::confused: :eek:

I told you earlier, weren't you listenting? :mad: :rolleyes: :D

Go to User CP > Edit Options > Scroll down to 'Number of posts to show per page' and set to 40. Scroll to bottom of page and click on 'save changes'

Et voila!

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
Actually, some of it is quite witty. :D

Not the teen baiting though. :rolleyes:

Witty or not - its debatable.

Still I think her heart was in the right place at the beginning but with the neg feedback she got from some *usual*. She then threw her teddies out.
When you think your doing the best and then get jumped on, this reaction is common and happens all to often on this forum . Poor Tilly :(

Ibblebibble

Visit site
Natalie is acting her age, perhaps you should all try acting yours!

This isn't aimed at everyone by the way!

well i'm 41 and this is pretty much how i am all the time, :confused: and if you think i'm bad you want to meet my 72 year old dad:eek: he's got growing old disgracefully down to a fine art;)

Littlelegs

Visit site
Can anyone who is defending it being a good plan for her to have bought the foal answer a question for me? If she appeared as a poster looking for help, with little experience or assistance, saying she had just bought a cheap foal from a dealer to rescue it but didn't know what she was supposed to do re feed, worming, handling etc, would you think it was a fantastic idea? We might all offer advice & try to help but would anyone truly think it was a good decision to have bought it? Or would you think she needed more experience first, a nice schoolmaster & knowledgeable help?

smokey

Visit site
Oh yes what a fab idea....Black donkeys with pink plumes and pink ribbons woven around the wheels of the donkey's.

We need to calm down here, this could turn into big fat boring old farts funerals! Loving the pink plumes though!

Last edited:

smokey

Visit site
Can anyone who is defending it being a good plan for her to have bought the foal answer a question for me? If she appeared as a poster looking for help, with little experience or assistance, saying she had just bought a cheap foal from a dealer to rescue it but didn't know what she was supposed to do re feed, worming, handling etc, would you think it was a fantastic idea? We might all offer advice & try to help but would anyone truly think it was a good decision to have bought it? Or would you think she needed more experience first, a nice schoolmaster & knowledgeable help?

Well put! I personally think she needs a good telling off and sent to bed early!

smokey

Visit site
You mis-understood me Fiona, I meant "fat" a la big fat gypsy weddings. Clearly we couldn't have real fat funerals, these are 2/3 legged donkeys we're talking about. We don't want to be reported for cruelty, surely?

FionaM12

Visit site
You mis-understood me Fiona, I meant "fat" a la big fat gypsy weddings. Clearly we couldn't have real fat funerals, these are 2/3 legged donkeys we're talking about. We don't want to be reported for cruelty, surely?

I don't know, it could be an interesting thread title:

"Is my dead body too heavy for my 3 legged donkey?"

Littlelegs

Visit site
People misjudge how tough their limb challenged donkeys are nowadays. Ok, maybe someone over 50 stone is too big for 2 legs, but 3 legged donkeys were bred to carry 75 stone pregnant women to Bethlehem. Provided the rider is balanced it is just fattist to deny anyone a fat funeral.