Very sick horse

smossy

Visit site
sending lots of healing vibes ((((((((((((((())))))))))))))))) and got all crossed,try not to look to much on the dark side,wait until you get results back.
give him lots of hugs from us all.

thinlizzy

Visit site
Poor you and horse cant say what it is but i have seen a horse with grass sickness he seemed colicky definatly wouldnt eat or drink was losing water at the mouth/not froth looked as if hed kicked water all over his stable or slopped it as if hed been drinking loads .Maybe a good sign is your horse is picking/eating ?Vet told me once when pondering over one sick animal who was old vet said if hes eating thats a good sign..........will watch for updates x

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
All crossed for you both here.
Been there, done that and it's horrible.
Although we've no suggestions to make as to what it might be, at least he's eating. Is he drinking as well?

Gleeful Imp

Visit site
Good luck hon. Sending you many vibes and I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I've been through grass sickness and apart from weight loss, symptoms don't match. But I do think still eating is a very good sign
xxx

jodie3

Visit site
No helpful suggestions but fingers etc crossed here for you too and lots of healing vibes coming your way.

As others have said the fact he is eating must be a good sign?

Blaise

Visit site
Big hugs for you, fingers crossed that test results tomorrow will explain more. It's a horrible feeling isn't it. One of mine has been colicking all day, she isn't anywhere near as bad as your boy sounds but it's so worrying :( Sending lots of (((vibes))) your way. xx

cumbriamax

Visit site
so sorry to hear your news and I hope you have better news to post tomorrow. hmm one of mine had grass sickness years ago but she wasn't eating its the longest hrs/days of your life when this happens. am not much help but just wanted to wish you luck.. hope horse is better soon,

HBBambee

Visit site
Really feel for you, Hopefully will be good news in the morning for you!

If this helps my pony had botulism 2 years ago-she is an absolute pig and so we were feeding her my v.fussy horses haylage out of the haybar and vet said it had probably started to ferment and so contained the toxin.

she went so poorly in one day, dropped weight and started staggering and was tripping when walking. it was almost as if she had really severe arthritus as her joints became really stiff.

it took her about a month to fully recover and she recently had a foal this june 2 years later.

her main signs were:
stumbling, tripping, really slow chewing action as muscle were v.weak, she couldnt drink from a bucket from the floor as her swallow reflex partially stopped working, so put the bucket up so she didnt have to bend down. vet suggested we got her up regulary if she lay down as if they are down for a long time they may not get up again.misty ate all the time (being so gready) and never stopped trying to eat so i think this was such a good thing for her recovery.

don't mean to worry you at all as really hope it is not this for your horse, but hope it helps incase you do notice any changes in him/her.

hope all is good news in the morning x lots of vibes for you x

Louby

Visit site
So sorry to read this, I really hope hes ok. Its upsetting enough when you know whats wrong with them but it must be terrible not knowing what is wrong.
Everything crossed for the results x x

Aces_High

Visit site
Just got back from hourly check and he seems much perkier in himself..... ears pricked and has eaten a packet of polo's. Has also had a little windsuck (collar is off at mo). He is still very unstable on his feet but was more aware of his surroundings. His coat isn't looking as stary and dull but under lights it can be deceiving. He hasn't been drinking much hence was tubed earlier with fluids and electrolytes. He's been eating his straw over his hay. I think it's going to be a long night and I hope he stays how he is. Thanks for poster who mentioned her horse with botulism and also people saying his symptoms don't sound like theirs who had GS. My other thought was EDM as that was prevelant in my area over winter - again conditions don't fit. Like the botulism case, if he goes down he's allowed to stay down for a couple of hours then if he's not up I'm to try and get him up..... 620kg of TB.... He'd be pretty exhausted from today's events so far. Thanks for the positive vibes and healing vibes which are passing through to Max. Maybe that's why he's perked up?

SO1

Visit site
fingers crossed he will return to normal health - sounds good if he looks perky and is eating and seeming a bit better