We have a baby clydesdale!

cblover

Visit site
Morning all, what a lovely frosty day it is too! Can't beat it. Well 'scrappy do' as I call her, is still alive and kicking! lol She's much more settled and comes into her stable without much hesitation now. We've also installed a stable mirror so she never feels alone. She's was quite intrigued by the pretty friend when she first looked at it.

I'm dealing with the lice and she's eating well....loves her foal creep pellets and tucking into her hay at night. She's out each day with uncle Tor, who is proving perfect for her.

In the next week or so, I'll start introducing her to having her front feet picked up and enjoying a groom. Need the lice gone first. Her droppings are solid and she's bright and alert. Only had her a week tomorrow but I feel like I've been worrying about her forever!

I'll take some more pics this weekend....or maybe later today if I get time. Hope you're all having a lovely day in the sun. x

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
Here we go with some pics....the first two were sent to me before I viewed her. The second two were taken yesterday morning. Believe me under that fluff there is nothing.

Good news though, her worm count has come back as <50epg. No eggs seen. When she can eat from a bucket I'll worm her with panacur 5 day guard to cover the tapeworm and red worm situation she may have.

Darn only just found this thread or I would have wished you congrats sooner.

So pleased for you after the horrid time you have had recently :raises glass: to a long VERY long happy life with her and all the competitions/ hacks you will have

cblover

Visit site
Morning all, happy Mother's Day! I little update on 'scrappy do'.

She's doing well and I think she's gained a bit of weight. She's settled well into her routine of out in the day and in at night. In fact, she sees my car and starts walking towards the stables. Bless her, she's so calm albeit a bit anxious at times. She's leaving Tor no problem now though and trotting off into her own stable.

We've given her a stable mirror, therefore a friend she's quite fond of and she's tucking into her food great. She still nowhere near as good as I'd like her, but with the spring grass not long off I think she will blossom.

I've taken some pics but I'll need to upload them later on, then I'll post them. Hope you're all enjoying the lovely winter sun today. X

Wagtail

Horse servant
Visit site
Morning all, happy Mother's Day! I little update on 'scrappy do'.

She's doing well and I think she's gained a bit of weight. She's settled well into her routine of out in the day and in at night. In fact, she sees my car and starts walking towards the stables. Bless her, she's so calm albeit a bit anxious at times. She's leaving Tor no problem now though and trotting off into her own stable.

We've given her a stable mirror, therefore a friend she's quite fond of and she's tucking into her food great. She still nowhere near as good as I'd like her, but with the spring grass not long off I think she will blossom.

I've taken some pics but I'll need to upload them later on, then I'll post them. Hope you're all enjoying the lovely winter sun today. X

Glad she is doing so well. How are you doing now? You were feeling very down lately.

cblover

Visit site
Thanks wagtail. I'm a little better but I'm not feeling too well physically so that doesn't help. I decided not to go to view a horse today that I had arranged to see, I just can't commit emotionally to anything else yet. I'm sure I will in time, but it's way too soon. Thanks for asking though.

Wagtail

Horse servant
Visit site
Thanks wagtail. I'm a little better but I'm not feeling too well physically so that doesn't help. I decided not to go to view a horse today that I had arranged to see, I just can't commit emotionally to anything else yet. I'm sure I will in time, but it's way too soon. Thanks for asking though.

You are doing the right thing. Never go and see a horse unless your heart is really in it. It does get easier, but it takes a long time.

Rollin

Visit site
Your foal is looking good well done. Good luck with her.

I was waiting to see what happened with the Shire Drum Horse you were interested in buying. I agree with Wagtail, you need to be absolutely sure of your intentions when buying a horse. Do you have details of the horse you were going to see?

Hetsmum

Visit site
Really looking forward to seeing pictures. Glad you are feeling a bit better. I am sure she will work some magic and help your healing as time goes by :)x

Hetsmum

Visit site
she looks fab! Just simply adorable :) Had to tell under the fluff but she doesn't look "scrappy" at all now!

CBFan

Visit site
Another 'I can't believe I haven't seen this thread!!'

Anyway... She is absolutely GORGEOUS! As I have already told you!!

Don't panic about getting weight on her - it will come. Slowly and steadily is far better than trying to pack it on, especially a horse of her size and gangliness. Both my CBs were poor when I got them. Starsky was on hay and high fibre cubes and was a different horse within three months. My first filly was on alfa A, Topspec and hay and ended up with OCD. Not totally food related I know, but certainly didn't help... Keep it simple and she will bloom :)

Just make sure she always has access to a bit of hay if you can...

cblover

Visit site
Thanks all, tonight she heard my car and came wandering down from the field right into her stable. So calm, she's a joy to own.

SatansLittleHelper

Visit site
I absolutely cannot believe that I have completely missed this thread!!!!
She's GORGEOUS! !! Congratulations CBT. ..you really deserve some happiness and it looks like this beautiful girl will give it to you in spades :)
I think she's a very nice looking foal and once she is in better condition you'll really see her potential.
Lovely thread....I shall be watching with very green eyes lol (Did I ever mention that Clydes are my favourite? :eek: )