Weekend plans 1st full weekend in May

mavandkaz

Visit site
A much needed quiet one here. Lesson on Shambles yesterday, practicing our walk pirris, and playing about with the changes to come up with a plan of action for RC evening dressage on Tuesday.
Then spent the rest of the day at a friend's watching badminton xc, and drinking Pimm's.
Quiet hack today, having to keep to a walk due to the ground, but a nice chat with friend. Both horses were very good having to deal with a bike ride that was taking place, and couldn't have cared less at all the bikes hurtling towards them.

nikkimariet

Visit site
Feels like ages ago but Rooni went to the gallops on Monday. We had a real blast and enjoyed ourselves!

B7C05EB9-45AA-406F-9C1E-4B17CA51D48C.jpeg

Today we went BD-ing. Get our last AM area sheets before having a few weeks away from the white boards.

Less is always more with him and I didn’t even ride yesterday as I was at badminton (so gallops, day off, school, school, canter in field, nothing) and he was nicely fresh BUT relaxed with it.

Got my arse in gear and rode every stride rather than handing the reins over to him and hoping he does my job for me.

6A7F7B63-4A1A-460E-B775-9BC06C7BBA1C.jpeg

70%+ and 68%+ with a few mistakes. Very pleased!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
I am so knackered, i am sure it is time for another weekend?

Hopefully a productive weekend even though it was a bit of a whirlwind. Dropped kira off at vets, expecting to need to get cracking on Monday. Only for them to call me back 30 mins later and say ovulation was imminent. Plans all moved around for a Saturday afternoon/evening of driving about to collect & deliver the semen, fortunately stallion's owner was able to organise it all her end too :oops:

Frank did his school and now has steering more or less nailed and is dealing with the Very Interesting outdoor arena nicely :) the field next door is full of baby racehorses who find horses in the sandpit utterly fascinating so his ability to resist the temptation to just go and chat with them is pretty cool. Top job Frankie.

Did 3 hours work while catching up with the badminton action this morning so i feel a bit less behind now but also like i haven't really stopped this week... might be able to collect kira tomorrow pm though so needed to buy myself some time. More trucking around. Yawn!!!

279625304_5450393134972152_8025823046063016844_n.jpg

SaddlePsych'D

Visit site
Well done to those out and about. Hope you're not too sore TFF!

Hacking with a companion yesterday in the sunshine was lovely. Friday we did half school, half hack - I was in heaven! I've memorised the dressage test pretty quickly so was back in there today working on getting things a bit more accurate. I know it's just for fun but I want to do a semi-decent job if I can! We then did another mini-hack after the school session. Feeling very lucky indeed :D

smiggy

Visit site
I had a fabulous time at dressage boot camp at Nikki Barkers. Fantastic instruction, lovely people, great food.
was great to watch others lessons as she taught everyone very individually and there were loads of tips to pick up.
took baby pony as thought would be good for her. She was a bit mind blown on the Friday night and spent lesson tanking up the school with me and I was thinking god what have I done, but much better the next day. So a great experience for her.
I want to go back now though.