Weekend plans :D

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
good to know... it's a venue within my travelling range but I won't be making the effort then! Shame as our nearest BD venue is similarly disappointing, rubbish dingy warm up and spooktastic horrid test arena, I went there once but won't ever again :(

monte1

Visit site
Am rather late to post our weekend plans, sounds like lots of people had a positive if windy weekend - it was blowing a gale here on Saturday , I had a lesson early in the day ( finding a corner of the field trying to avoid the worst of the wind lol) lesson went well, my trainer had a sit on Max to help me with the lateral stuff and get him bending through his ribcage better- she hasn't sat on him for couple months at least and noted he was much better in the contact, he has a habit of tensing through his neck and leaning on the left rein, not helped by me being left handed and probably over dominant with it. so i was pleased that we do seem to be making progress as i often think we are not getting anywhere!
Anyhow we were supposed to be doing our first ever elementary test about a week ago but it was postponed due to the high winds, so rescheduled for yesterday. lovely local venue and very friendly and low key, even so I was absolutely petrified. but all actually went OK, they only have one arena so we warmed up in one of the fields and even when couple of horses left us up there Max was reasonably settled and listening to me- which is a big improvement. my aims for the day were to try not to be nervous - i get tense he gets tense etc ....... remember the test - (oh and enjoy it hehehe.) anyway we did E44, it is a really nice test, lots going on but nothing we are not actually capable of ( surprisingly )
So we survived, it didn't feel totally awful, not at all a polished test by any means but he did what I asked, kept listening and trying. our medium trots didn't really happen, but the walk to canters were good (got an 8!) and we got two good square halts :) resulting in a very generous scoring of 68.04% for 2nd place.
Looking at my sheet the range of marks were accurate and represented where i had felt we needed to improve in the test.
so I am actually over the moon and will keep plugging away- not the greatest photo but so proud of him !

Attachments

• Max E44.jpg
    Max E44.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 4

BenvardenRach2

Visit site
good to know... it's a venue within my travelling range but I won't be making the effort then! Shame as our nearest BD venue is similarly disappointing, rubbish dingy warm up and spooktastic horrid test arena, I went there once but won't ever again :(

Would be happy to talk to you via DM about it MP if you like.
It is super frustrating when they are on your doorstep :(

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
Joining in as I'm finally riding my lovely horses again :).

Skylla was grounded for jumping out of her paddock :eek: but has made up for it, by being very grown-up to school recently! Got my box back, have booked some lessons, just need to book some comps now!

Well done all on your outings, definitely feeling inspired to get cracking now :cool:.

53894619_989503777902149_2902782376037842944_n.jpg

Fiona

Visit site
it really is horrible - doesn't set you up very well for the test.
It's 5 mins down the road from our place so convenient to get a couple of quick tests in, if it was further away we would bother.

That sounds very stressful, could you consider warming up at home first, and just doing 10 min in the warm up.....

Fiona

Fiona

Visit site
Morning fellow riders.....

Congratulations on all the super outings this weekend, both competitive, & lessons (and hacking new horses Northern :) )

I have to say that we've had a brilliant weekend...

Friday evening I took son and pony to local SJ, and they did DC in 50, 60 and 70.
Saturday we hacked once the horrid rain had passed, and son and hubby built a new rustic standing filler.
Sunday son and I went on a 2hr forest ride (hubby on bike and dog accompanying) with lots of logs to jump....
Monday we were sightseers all day (Gobbins cliff path for any from NI) and rushed home afterward for a brilliant RC lesson. We were working on turning into fences, which worked for Fionn as his canter never got the chance to get long and unbalanced, and son on Daisy who ended up jumping a jump off course of 70-80cm :eek: I was so proud of them <3

Back to work today though :(

Fiona

Denbob

Visit site
Aw loving reading everyone's reports!

Fiona - glad you had a lovely weekend!
MP - another one who has to look quite hard at constructive criticism to see the positives, it's a fine line between finding someone motivating and someone who smiles and fills my head with fluff about how perfect the beast is! (not that he is... I have had instructors who are far too flattering which does me no good at all)
AE - Amber really is a cracker!
Bernster - beautiful horse and well done!

My plans to go and watch BE at Pontispool were derailed by poor weather so went and checked the beast who has dropped a fair bit of weight - he wasn't fat to begin with! He weighed in at 570 and certainly wouldn't want him below 550 so will need to keep a very close eye on that. The initial "thank f*ck" of having him away and happy has worn off and no amount of wonder cob can replace my boy! Two weeks till he's home!!

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Great reports - hats off to be everyone who has been managing to get out and about in this rubbish weather.
After an interesting week at work and with the weather as it has been I didn't get up to much, just tatted around with the three troublemakers in the school.

But went for a lovely hack this morning...love my little horse ❤(sorry, saft I know):
IMAG0468.jpg
IMAG0472.jpg

Love my OH too actually, as when I got back to the yard I found the other two already turned out, and a coffee left for me in the only place I couldn't fail to find it - my boot rack
IMAG0475.jpg

Chippers1

Visit site
Joining in as I'm finally riding my lovely horses again :).

Skylla was grounded for jumping out of her paddock :eek: but has made up for it, by being very grown-up to school recently! Got my box back, have booked some lessons, just need to book some comps now!

Well done all on your outings, definitely feeling inspired to get cracking now :cool:.

53894619_989503777902149_2902782376037842944_n.jpg

What a gorgeous horse! I love greys with dark points, mine used to look a bit like that...:D

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Phew. Just back from our PSG music debut. Poor Kira was a bit tired as we had a fab lesson yesterday - originally we were supposed to have the show today and then lesson tomorrow which is definitely the better way round, but trainer is now away tomorrow so my lesson was rescheduled.
Anyway, yesterday she worked her little socks off in the half steps and pirouettes... today she was predictably a bit flat so the overall quality of work wasn't as good as she is capable of. A good outing all the same, it was the first time I'd ridden the floorplan properly so good to find that what I had planned is both achievable and fits into the music ;) more marks to be had next time as we fluffed the 4 tempis but I'm encouraged by 67%, it's a good start :)

Quiet week coming up for lady snoozalot to recover o_O
54435941_2399930456685117_885508968082833408_n.jpg

Michen

Visit site
Great reports - hats off to be everyone who has been managing to get out and about in this rubbish weather.
After an interesting week at work and with the weather as it has been I didn't get up to much, just tatted around with the three troublemakers in the school.

But went for a lovely hack this morning...love my little horse ❤(sorry, saft I know):
View attachment 30525
View attachment 30526

Love my OH too actually, as when I got back to the yard I found the other two already turned out, and a coffee left for me in the only place I couldn't fail to find it - my boot rack
View attachment 30527
I think we have a same coffee cup 😂

BenvardenRach2

Visit site
Ahh super annoying .. I just checked my BD record and we came 3rd in both classes not 3rd & 4th that we were given on the day! The scores haven’t changed but placing has I think the woman got me and 4th confused as I saw a lot of scribbles on the score sheet at the end of the day.

Super happy with the even better result but annoyed that someone has my other 3rd rosette 😂

Seems I’ve had a few issues with the venue - will be noted

X