Weekend plans :D

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
It's Thursday!
The weekend is within reach again... what's everyone got planned?

Had an absolutely fabulous lesson with Kira last night, first time out since she was injured in August and I wasn't sure how it would go because she has been difficult beyond measure at home. Needn't have worried, she felt amazing and was so up for her work it was wonderful. I have really tried to make the rehab a productive time and (despite her little hormonal disruption) she has come back with the basics improved and ready to go. And I've learned how to sit on my bum in changes :p
So pleased and just hoping we have a good season, I'm starting to feel excited again and I just couldn't stop grinning yesterday.

This weekend Darcy is off out to come last in 2 more prelims. Aims of the day are to do more dressage than steering. And then will try and get K out to a long arena hire to have a run through our PSG music as sort of hatching a plan to do a music as her first show. Maybe, maybe not.

Pic of the precious one waiting by her new taxi to kick the thread off (wish the flaming weather would cheer up, I need new ramp carpet!)

89275954_3103749412969881_5780847301186551808_o.jpg

ihatework

Visit site
Glad Kira is relocating her good girl shoes.

The little midget is doing another arena hire today. He is beginning to think he is important ? Hope my fields open up soon as he is only 8 weeks in and been so good he is almost ready for a break.

The flying giant should be at Tweseldown tomorrow .... current reports coming in are that it’s rather manky!! Although I don’t suppose that’s any great surprise and it’s a bit of a miracle it’s on!

showjumpingharry

Visit site
Good luck MP and IHW!!

Lesson on Ted this evening then BD test riding clinic for him on Saturday to get his last score to qualify for intercounty teams. The plan is to have him qualified but we don't really want him to go as he's not ready mentally yet but if we are needed as reserves then he will probably go. PC B test training in the afternoon too.

Younger sister is taking Harry to PC dengie area finals on Sunday to do the novice dressage. No one tell Harry or his legs will fall off like they did before regionals :rolleyes: He's been going well at home for her so fingers crossed, I would love for her to ride him at a nationals that would be the cherry on top of the icing for me if she qualified. He's already surpassed every expectation I had for him though so either way I'm happy:)

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
Yeah for Kira!

Topaz is still feeling fresh as, which isn't inspiring me to school though I know I need to work her through the crazy to settle her back into work. As I really want to have another bash at PSG this year but need to bootcamp the pair of us unfit ruffians :eek:. She's had her MOT by my chiropractic vet who is mega pleased with her for 17, so I know she's just feeling jolly but it's hard not to just decide to Equiband/ hack/ jump when you know changes will release her inner pogo-stick impressions...

Skylla is going doing some dressage this Sat! God help all of us as I've booked in for the Elementary ?, debated the medium until I remembered all the sitting trot! Though I've come home to her feeling her feet a touch which is not like her at all, she feels comfortable on a surface but is definitely picking her way over stones, no idea what's caused it considering she's had the best part of three weeks off! Can only think it's the wet ground softening her feet?

JFTDWS

Visit site
Well I have a new job and I might be working Saturday but who knows right now :rolleyes: I'm working Sunday as have students from my regular job. Bah humbug. It doesn't half make it hard to plan pony fun! The forecast is appalling here anyway so I guess I'll just be hacking out in full waterproofs as usual either way :cool:

TPO

Visit site
Well I have a new job and I might be working Saturday but who knows right now :rolleyes: I'm working Sunday as have students from my regular job. Bah humbug. It doesn't half make it hard to plan pony fun! The forecast is appalling here anyway so I guess I'll just be hacking out in full waterproofs as usual either way :cool:

Congratulations on the new job! Does that mean definitely no move north of the border? :(

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Yay so happy for your and Kira @milliepops :D:)
Thanks :D I really was starting to wonder whether I'd brushed all her trickiness under the carpet of "that's just Kira, it's always awful in early spring" and neglected to notice something else, but yesterday from the off she was forward, happy and really keen to do her work so I think I can trust my instincts and just keep on keeping on at home. OHMIGOD I've missed taking her out, what a contrast to Darcy. She's awesome :cool:

JFTDWS

Visit site
Congratulations on the new job! Does that mean definitely no move north of the border? :(

No, not necessarily. I've literally just been looking at property in Perthshire on rightmove... I'm not sure the job will work out, and even if it does I doubt I'll do it long term.

Reactions: TPO

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Been pissing it down here since 1st thing, but beetled out on my submersible B Fuzzy for a brisk 45 mins.
Saddle fitter back tomorrow.
Sat is early arena eventing clinic at RC.
Will hack Sunday.
Fitting in flits to Tweseldown in between things Sat and Sun, v gloopy there today tho!

Good luck to those competing, have a good time those doing clinics, and well done JFTD x

TPO

Visit site
No, not necessarily. I've literally just been looking at property in Perthshire on rightmove... I'm not sure the job will work out, and even if it does I doubt I'll do it long term.

Selfishly happy....Oranges Unite!!! (but also hope that your job does work out!)

ihatework

Visit site
Let me change that, won’t be going to Tweseldown as just abandoned.

I will instead be roped into galloping my flying carthorse

Sheep

Visit site
I've a lesson tomorrow, not sure about the rest of the weekend as I'm out all day Saturday - will let OH do the work.

I'm most excited about next week's thread because I have actual plans which involve leaving the yard!!! Transport is now (touch wood) almost sorted and our trailer should be arriving on Tuesday night. Planning a trip to some very low key local dressage next Saturday, and might possibly head out xc schooling next Sunday. :D

dorsetladette

Visit site
I have plans for the OH that he is not yet aware of. He's coming to the field/horses Saturday to pump water out of his boat (again) as mother nature really prefers it as a water feature than a floating vessel.

Once he has finished faffing with man stuff - he has a round bale hay feeder to build. I've laid all the wood out ready and even marked where he needs to cut (I'm so good to him). Then the shelter needs the roof sealing. And lastly I want him to have a proper look at my horsebox floor and tell me what I need to buy so he can start doing that next weekend. He's going to be a busy boy!

While he is doing all this I'm going to attempt to take B1 up the road either ridden (if one of his saddles fits, he has a bigger wardrobe then me) or long reining.

Then Sunday the weather is meant to be horrid so it will be a roast dinner and google horsebox floor stuff kind of day.

Hope everyone doing exciting/leaving home stuff has fun and dodges the rain as best we can.

Denbob

Visit site
Yay! Back! Woohoo! A few weeks ago I bit the bullet and sent the Denzelbeast to a professional to tackle some of the quirks I haven't been brave enough to deal with myself (hacking alone in particular and also to get some proper work under his belt) but also to make an honest assessment of us as a pair which will have a bit of bearing over whether he stays with me long term. Going up to see him for the first time since he went and going to try and start lessons soon ?

Good to read everyone's updates!

Wheels

Visit site
Good luck everyone with trips out and about.

Quiet one for us, we've been taking it easy this week after a few non stop weeks, probably just hacking near home but might have a trip to the beach if the weather behaves on sunday

Regional dressage show next weekend so will pick him up mon / tues / weds to do some test practise

j1ffy

Visit site
I’m taking Danny to his dressage comp no 3 on Saturday. It’s the venue where we did comp no 1, and the aim this time is to stay in the arena in both canters! And load nicely. He’s had to stay in this week due to a flush of mud fever so I’m hoping he’s not got too much energy...

Pocholo’s loaner has asked me to take him for a blast on Sunday as he’s feeling quite lively, which should be fun ?
Meanwhile, baby Spanish Chilli is back with his trainer in Spain and is learning to be a proper horse. He’s learnt about saddles and lunging and is extremely relaxed about the whole thing!

25E80035-6407-4476-85CC-28DF6A821FA0.jpeg

oldie48

Visit site
Rose has been busy again this week. Monday lesson with fave trainer, Tues first hack out for yonks, Wed my local trainer schooled her for me as my back has not been great and she looked fab. I had my back done yesterday afternoon and it feels miles better so I hacked out with a friend which became rather more adventurous than planned as we still have floods. Thankfully Rose happily marched through water up to her knees as a lane had become a small river and then braved her way through our local farm shop back yard to avoid a flood which we would not have been able to wade through. she's not the greatest horse to hack but I was so pleased with her! My friend had to dismount to get her gelding through so Rose got a gold star (and the added advantage of following another horse!)
Rose is having tomorrow off whilst I go with a friend who is competing at the regionals and Saturday I am running through what I need to do for the Show on Sunday. I am both excited and nervous. Rose is very fit ATM and I have no idea how she will be if the classes are big, I have never done any showing so am as green as grass, so keep your fingers crossed for me. Not expecting great things, just want to enjoy the day.
Good luck to everyone out competing especially little sis and Harry. Denbob, I hope your pro has done a good job for you. JFTD, I hope the new job goes well

Roxylola

Visit site
Had a hack round somerford farm ride yesterday with some friends, nothing for weekend though as I've a friend staying so supercob will have to pester his mum if he wants to do anything this weekend.

HayleyUK

Visit site
Lesson on Sat; although I’ve done something awful to my back and it’s really sore so may turn into her being ridden for me.

No other plans other than washing tail and poo picking the field!