Weekend plans for 18th & 19th +/-

Roxylola

Visit site
Oh BM, please say you didnt get decked again. Do take care of yourself, hope you are not hurting too much - gentle hugs

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
bit of a nothingy week for us but this morning's ride made up for it! Darcy was on his absolute best behaviour and felt like a proper horse :p it's been useful to take stock over the last week and just change the way I think about it all. I had exactly the same with Kira, (though on a totally different level, he's been a LOT easier than she was!) and it was the day that I thought "you know what, I don't have to do this forever, I can opt out" that everything started to change for the better.

So, no, I don't have to do this forever, but I'm quite keen to keep going at the moment :)
he's so much straighter, so much more supple, much sounder! knows quite a lot about being a dressage horse, so we're definitely heading in the right direction.

His nibs, Doing Good Parking ;) (this is a new skill, staying in your place without wriggling)

120098105_3654589084552575_2573461219363111737_o.jpg

Roxylola

Visit site
Gosh MP, hes getting some muscle on him now. I've got minor car issues currently, so did a condensed schooling session on monday. The travers (well, I'm calling it travers because that's the goal, it's more sideways bum in currently) is improving massively - he gets the general idea now. And we did some steps of something that someday will be a canter piri. Very pleased with him at the moment especially as Wednesday he was just bronking away at the mention of canter ?

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Very pleased with him at the moment especially as Wednesday he was just bronking away at the mention of canter ?
a classic case of tomorrow's a new day :p

he always had a reasonable neck but now the bony bum is filling in. he dropped off quite a lot after we moved but has picked up again. and this is a horse who only works in the arena because I like being alive and hacking up the gallops next door doesn't seem like something that will support my goal to reach the age of 40,haha.
Maybe I need to ask one of the work riders to take him :oops: they might not like my saddle o_O