Weekend plans : last weekend in June

racebuddy

Visit site
QUIET FEW WEEKS AS HAD FEW BUSY WEEKS WITH BE AND TRAINING AND GROUND CURRENTLY LIKE CONCRETE AND SPENT ABOUT £400ON ENTRIES IN LESS THANKS 2 WEEKS , GOING AWAY ALSO IN COUPLE OF WEEKS WITH DOGS AND HORSES SO HE CAN HAVE A WELL EARNED WEEK OFF IN THE FIELD , TREADMILLED THIS WEEK AND WORKED REALLY WELL , I ABSOLOYTLEY BEING BACK OUT BUT ALSO GOT TO REMEBER THEY ARE STILL ADJUSTING TO BEING BACK OUT POST LOCKDOWN AND SOME WEEKS WE HAVE HAD 3 AM STARTS AND 2 HOURS TRAVEL THERE AND BACK , OUT FOR A MEAL TOMMORROW NIGHT FIRST TIME SINCE LOCKDOWN SO CANT WAIT TO WEAR NORMAL CLOTHES AND AS WE SAVE EVERY MONTH FOR GIRLY WEEKENDS NOT COST A PENNY !!!!

Visit site
QUIET FEW WEEKS AS HAD FEW BUSY WEEKS WITH BE AND TRAINING AND GROUND CURRENTLY LIKE CONCRETE AND SPENT ABOUT £400ON ENTRIES IN LESS THANKS 2 WEEKS , GOING AWAY ALSO IN COUPLE OF WEEKS WITH DOGS AND HORSES SO HE CAN HAVE A WELL EARNED WEEK OFF IN THE FIELD , TREADMILLED THIS WEEK AND WORKED REALLY WELL , I ABSOLOYTLEY BEING BACK OUT BUT ALSO GOT TO REMEBER THEY ARE STILL ADJUSTING TO BEING BACK OUT POST LOCKDOWN AND SOME WEEKS WE HAVE HAD 3 AM STARTS AND 2 HOURS TRAVEL THERE AND BACK , OUT FOR A MEAL TOMMORROW NIGHT FIRST TIME SINCE LOCKDOWN SO CANT WAIT TO WEAR NORMAL CLOTHES AND AS WE SAVE EVERY MONTH FOR GIRLY WEEKENDS NOT COST A PENNY !!!!

And breath...

I am going to be spending 3 days at Hopetoun House horse trials helping out. I had the time booked off to go to the show at Aintree for 3 days to steward and probation in the Shetland section and I am so glad my plans have changed now! There were 9 shetlands entered across 2 sections and I need 15 or more forward on the day to make it count. I will of course take loads of pic's etc. As I have never been to a driving trials before and I know nothing about driving!

Visit site
Husband is taking his horse to the fountain for a Puddledub show to do a working hunter class and a ridden. I am groom. lol

Good luck! I have never been to Fountain, too far out of my lazy 1 hour radius but I am sad to hear they are closing their doors from the end of July onwards.

Roxylola

Visit site
I'm going camping!
Without Charlie!
Just me and the dogs for a week! I haven't left Charlie for more than 36 hours in about a year, I mean he has his actual owner obviously but honestly I'm slightly stressed about it ?
Good luck and enjoy to all those doing things

Jeni the dragon

Visit site
Elf driving trials are the best things to help at! It's loads of fun and people are so friendly! My mum is helping all three days, and sister is going along on Saturday! And knowing Hopetoun it will either be glorious sunshine all weekend or freezing cold and rain! No in-between!

I'm sticking working again!

TheMule

Visit site
I got a new horse yesterday which is exciting but it has caused quite considerable unrest amongst the others who can’t decide if they love him or hate him ? So I suspect a large part of my weekend will involve trying to work out a dynamic that works to get them to accept him.
Otherwise, hack on Saturday and I have some friends coming to play with their ponies on Sunday so ? for survival as it will probably cause more drama

New pony, trying to eat his hay in peace but being harassed by an army of gingers
9F88F887-668E-49F5-98F7-01EC0E27B665.jpeg

Sheep

Visit site
We* are going eventing!
OH is home from work longer than expected so we are heading out on Saturday. We had a spin round the course a few weeks ago after their last event, so timing worked out well. Early start on Saturday - the venue is just over an hour away, dressage at 9.45ish so will be tucked up in bed nice and early tomorrow.

*I will be groom, not rider!!

Accidental Eventer

Visit site
Well, husband is off show jumping judging so the dog and I might go along and watch and try not to be too sad about missing out. The horses have groundwork on their schedule which is all going rather well. Staying dry on Sunday and following along with everyone elses plans while I wait patiently.

IveRunOutOfNamesToThinkOf

Visit site
I got a new horse yesterday which is exciting but it has caused quite considerable unrest amongst the others who can’t decide if they love him or hate him ? So I suspect a large part of my weekend will involve trying to work out a dynamic that works to get them to accept him.
Otherwise, hack on Saturday and I have some friends coming to play with their ponies on Sunday so ? for survival as it will probably cause more drama

New pony, trying to eat his hay in peace but being harassed by an army of gingers
View attachment 74535
That picture is adorable, hope he got to eat a bit of it unsupervised!

Chippers1

Visit site
I'm off on holiday, yay! But it's camping and looks like it's going to chuck it down :rolleyes: camping is normally my last choice of holiday but bf loves it so i'm going along too, I hope the sun comes out at some point!
Have a friend who's horse is currently lame coming to ride Buzz so he doesn't get too fat.

ownedbyaconnie

Visit site
I'm off on holiday, yay! But it's camping and looks like it's going to chuck it down :rolleyes: camping is normally my last choice of holiday but bf loves it so i'm going along too, I hope the sun comes out at some point!
Have a friend who's horse is currently lame coming to ride Buzz so he doesn't get too fat.
I’d be getting rid of the bf. Someone who enjoys camping is bringing an energy you do not need in your life.

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
It's the last weekend in June? How?! Where is summer going ?

I don't have anything planned. If the weather is good we will long line outside. Might venture into the pond.

Physio came this week and horse is sore under the saddle and she feels this is hindering things. The saddle looks like a decent enough fit and I've had 2 Saddlers check it in the last month (Saddlers are a joke here - I use the term saddler loosely). However, it's a no go. This is after I waited 6+ months for a made to measure that arrived and didn't fit either of us. Then we got a saddle from stock that supposedly fit us. Had that for a bit now but I noticed we were losing some performance. Thought it was me and my mediocre riding, but trainer said to wait for the physio appointment before beating myself up (I beat myself up anyway ?).

Horse has some pain at the base of his never ending withers (mostly linked to stirrup bars) and asymmetry in his lower back. Did some body work, acupuncture, and taping.

Tried some saddles from another saddler (had the appointment lined up already since I had suspicions) and horse liked an Amerigo (cha-ching €€€). Saddler suggested a short flap, but regular felt fine to me, and I wasn't crazy about the sticky leather since I'm weird about feeling stuck to my horse, but it could wear off and/or I could just not ride in full seats. Ultimately I think I am going to buy it. I don't want to wait until October if I order one and miss another show season. Plus, I am afraid to order based off of previous bad experiences of ordered saddles not even fitting. Other complications arise from horse being out of work too and I am not long lining for 4 months ?‍♀️ and missing out on my last summer of riding here (would feel differently if he had an injury or illness, of course).

I'll be much poorer after this. I am not the type for prayer but I'm about to turn up at the local church on Sunday and pray my heart out that this saddle will work for us. Then you'll later find me on the adjacent street corner trying to raise money for this €€ saddle. Kidding. Kidding ? sorry, I have a terrible sense of humor.

Anyway, my rambling is done here and I wish everyone else a nice weekend! Best of luck to those of you competing.

Breagha

Visit site
Good luck! I have never been to Fountain, too far out of my lazy 1 hour radius but I am sad to hear they are closing their doors from the end of July onwards.

We have never been there either. We are about 96 miles away from there. Yes, i did see that they are closing their doors which is a shame. I am hoping other places do not follow suit.

Asha

Visit site
Absolutely nothing this weekend. ive turned the 4yo away for a couple of weeks. ( he deserves a break ) Bit of a billy no mates this weekend as everyone is either working or on holiday. i might message instructor to see if he has a space free for another jump lesson.
Had another one this week and we actually jumped 60cm by the end of it. Confidence is starting to return. Apparently in my last lesson everyone was laughing at me as i talked the whole way around the course.. i dont care it helped:D

Good luck to those out competing

TM - lovely new horse but we do need a bit more info on him;)

MuddyMonster

Visit site
Hacking both days ? I'm quite looking forward to have a chilled one as with moving, settling in and then various friends and family events I'm feeling a bit pooped!

Tomorrow should be a fairly long-ish ride of about as (I think) I've found way I need to go to loop two routes together. It's supposed to rain so at least I'll get to test how waterproof my saddle bag is ?

Sunday is probably going to be a shorter hack as we're planning to take the dog to the beach.

If I have time, I might pootle down on foot to a EC that's within hacking distance to check out the arena hire options.

Have a great weekend everyone :)

J_sarahd

Visit site
Not much for me this week. Going on a hack tonight with one of the girls at the yard. Our horses really get on and really help each other out - hers is a very laidback boy, so chills mine out with spooky things, and my boy is quite sharp and forward, so makes hers walk out a bit more (even though he’s 2 hands bigger!). We haven’t managed to go out hacking for a while so I’m just hoping we can go on a decent one and that the cows won’t be blocking the route!!

A friend from uni is coming up tomorrow so pony will have a day off and then not sure what I will do on Sunday. Either a solo hack or poles probably. We’ve got a busy July, so it’ll be nice to have a chilled out weekend!

Reacher

Visit site
Nearly 3 weeks ago I went to an “eventers challenge”. Which is basically the sj and Xc over a BE 80 course. The sj was fairly polite (clear round) , but the Xc - horse’s brains were so fried with excitement (first Xc in nearly 2 years) the brakes failed and we went around with , shall we say, less than optimal control. I was a bit downhearted as last outing (2 years ago) he was just starting to calm down. Have spent ages working on Xc lessons to calm him down plus flatwork to keep him round and not tank, but seeing other horses on the Xc fried his brains.

Advice is all I can do is keep doing more events until he calms down.

Can I just say he is 17 and really should have grown up by now!

So , instead of doing the sensible thing and taking up knitting instead as an alternative hobby, we are entered at same venue again for a rematch on Sunday.

Photos from the previous outing (purchased from photographer). Forgive my rubbish position , that was 2nd last fence and I was kn@ckered.
FD0134C4-9253-45C0-B562-A964149714DF.jpeg
47BDF5FB-2AF2-4052-AD0D-135FAC8B1CEA.jpeg

dorsetladette

Visit site
hope the weather holds off for everyone. We seem to have a few windows of dry weather tomorrow. I was planning on a BBQ for OH 50th and some fun games like rounders and silliness in the field, but he has decided he's going out fishing on his boat (how very grown up and boring). I really hate boats, I get sea sick on the chain ferry so I'll be off for either a hack on B or a long walk out with Robin.
Robins manners are getting a little out of line so lots of work there. He's a typical cheeky welsh colt who is getting a little to big for his boots.

Anyone got any tips to help stop a youngster nipping? He came to me nippy and its something I just can't completely eradicate it.

Alibear

Visit site
Amber has been absolutely shattered since camp bless her, but she was a little more forward last night so recovery is happening. It was a good reminder for me that she's still a baby and doesn't have much stamina yet, I've kept it short and sweet this week and she's having tonight off extra. Tomorrow's plan is dodging the rain showers and hoping to fit in a hack with a friend tomorrow, then off to an arena hire on Sunday morning. This also means loading practise on Saturday :)
Daisy is being shod on Saturday morning with a few tweaks to the current approach which will hopefully improve things for her and then if we can, I'll concentrate on hacking her for a while. Goal is confident solo hacks around the big field before end of summer, I fear this may start as a solo walk in-hand around the big field for quite a while. She's a quirky little thing, awesome in company but loses all confidence solo. She could give Cinders off Kizzy and Ettie fame a run for her money in randomly diving off paths (usually back towards the stables) on her own mission with no reference to the person on top. Now I come to think of it she's a similar build too. She makes me feel like I'm about 6 years old and just starting out again. It's a good job I love her.