Weekend plans....?

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Me again, as can't see another thread already started :D

What's everyone up to?

Quiet weekend for us, I have yard xmas bash on Saturday but I have a stack of work to do, having had 2 days off for Olympia this week :eek: Worth it though! Teaching on Sunday. Quietly plotting some long arena hire next week to practice K's medium debut :eek3:

Good luck to anyone out & about :cool:

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
Wooo I'm so excited for Kira's Meduim debut!

Baby horse is going to some big girl dressage in an indoor, with Christmas decorations and with a test that involves cantering :eek3:, our report may be interesting :lol:.

milliepops

Visit site
Wooo I'm so excited for Kira's Meduim debut!

Baby horse is going to some big girl dressage in an indoor, with Christmas decorations and with a test that involves cantering :eek3:, our report may be interesting :lol:.

Whoooo go Skylla :D
I'm quite looking forward to it too, tbh, I think the compromise will be on the collection to keep her travelling forward in front of my leg - such a huge gain made on that recently, and I can't afford for her to go backwards again. So we'll probably do it all in working trot/working canter but that's Ok if it's on purpose!

Hunting tomorrow & then the dreaded Christmas shopping :(

Urgh, I'm still in xmas denial - did yard secret santa shopping at Olympia and that's about it!

star

Visit site
I was meant to be doing my next PSG at oldencraig tomorrow but they reversed the order of the classes so put me doing PSG at 9.30am and my warmup advanced Medium at 10.10 which in itself is annoying but sadly my lorry is with my mechanic and can't pick it up until 9am which I thought would be fine with entering the last 2 classes of the day. Bit mad they've done that as total waste of £45 and was really looking forward to having another bash at the PSG. Instead we're going to just go down the road and jump the 1m unaffiliated SJ at Parwood. Not SJ competitively since September but he jumped really well round a course on Wednesday so fingers crossed.

Sunday was meant to be hunting at Tilford but they changed it to Elvetham which I'm not sure is our kind of meet so it's looking like a bit of a rubbishy weekend really!

Bernster

Visit site
Blimey is that that time already. After a quiet patch we're off to do more Stressage tomorrow (inc a test I've only just read and haven't ridden at all, hmm) and jump clinic on Sunday. Dressage outing is to get some experience as I don't compete much, and I haven't had a jump saddle for a little while so am a bit rusty there too.

Not likely to be a weekend where we cover ourselves in glory, but baby steps and all that...

FfionWinnie

Visit site
Boot camp for wobbleberry challenge starts today. Started running yesterday having not run a step since I fell off in April (and frankly not run many before that either!). Planning to hack in a 2 point seat today. Haven't told Cyprian about this yet. He's not totally impressed with the hills in Scotland nor convinced about mud or water getting near his posh feet so we'll be working on all that too...

He's a good boy tho,if he says no he only means well I'm not sure it's a good idea - oh ok then!

Jellibean

Visit site
Blimey is that that time already. After a quiet patch we're off to do more Stressage tomorrow (inc a test I've only just read and haven't ridden at all, hmm) and jump clinic on Sunday. Dressage outing is to get some experience as I don't compete much, and I haven't had a jump saddle for a little while so am a bit rusty there too.

Not likely to be a weekend where we cover ourselves in glory, but baby steps and all that...

Sounds like fun - Good luck!

Quiet weekend for me - I am lucky (sometimes :D) to have a horsey OH so we will be hacking the boys and getting on our young mare after the dentist visit from earlier this week. Secretly hoping for a big improvement in her now the Dentist has took away the very sharp points which were causing ulcers and scarring to her mouth! Poor girl will hopefully be feeling better!

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
Whoooo go Skylla :D
I'm quite looking forward to it too, tbh, I think the compromise will be on the collection to keep her travelling forward in front of my leg - such a huge gain made on that recently, and I can't afford for her to go backwards again. So we'll probably do it all in working trot/working canter but that's Ok if it's on purpose!
!

Try not to worry about collection, I don't with Topaz and so far it hasn't done any harm! Ok so we're not getting above 6/7 for paces but at this stage getting them confident is so much more important, as long as you keep her balanced enough for the movements and can sit to it well just go for it :).

milliepops

Visit site
Try not to worry about collection, I don't with Topaz and so far it hasn't done any harm! Ok so we're not getting above 6/7 for paces but at this stage getting them confident is so much more important, as long as you keep her balanced enough for the movements and can sit to it well just go for it :).

Oh yeah definitely, just that in her collected work she is more expressive, uphill and starts to look less like a pony and more like a horse ;) so I'm hoping as we have now found the go button at shows, we'll be able to get that quality of work in the tests soon. For now we will go with whizzing along feeling happy, and the poncing cadence will come in a few months :lol:

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
Oh yeah definitely, just that in her collected work she is more expressive, uphill and starts to look less like a pony and more like a horse ;) so I'm hoping as we have now found the go button at shows, we'll be able to get that quality of work in the tests soon. For now we will go with whizzing along feeling happy, and the poncing cadence will come in a few months :lol:

Yeah you can't give it all away at once ;), get your Qualifying done and then wow them at the champs :D!

We've only just learnt how to ride with the handbrake half on, which means the relaxation can come through and then eventually the power can come back. Skylla is even worse than Topaz :eek3: if we're not whizzing about with legs round my ears she is not a happy bunny :eek: Prelim is going to be interesting on Sunday!!!

vam

Visit site
Day off today. Off up the yard in a bit to give madam a new bed. She is grim in the stable and was on box rest for a nearly 2 weeks so new bed is the only option. Back home after to make mince pies and watch a bit of Olympia if it's on.
Tomorrow, Olympia 😃 and the official start of Christmas for me.
Sunday after sorting out Jools I'm going to pay a visit to my trainer with any said mince pies that haven't been eaten!
No riding until late Jan for me anyway as Jools it having a winter break to grow and just have a chill out for a bit.
Have fun everyone ☺

JennBags

HHOSS Wonder Woman
Visit site
Lots of people doing stuff this weekend, good luck if you're competing, and have fun if you're training :biggrin3:

I pick my boy up Saturday morning (not sure whether to say today or tomorrow lol) and bring him home. He's been away for 5 weeks on rehab, going on the water treadmill every day and on a very smart yard, so think he'll be rather disappointed to be coming home! Looking forward to having him home although I have enjoyed my "holiday", but going to be a bit of a shock to be back on the twice daily yard visits, but hopefully I'll be able to start riding again once he's shod next week.

JennBags

HHOSS Wonder Woman
Visit site
Oops sorry FW, I wasn't clear, he's been away on the water treadmill and I stupidly didn't do any before pictures :rolleyes3: can see a marked difference in his shape though, he looks fantastic. I'll do some after pics, he doesn't look like a horse that hasn't been ridden for 8 weeks, and hardly ridden since end of August.

DirectorFury

Visit site
I'm really glad G is coming home JB, I hope you enjoy your 'first' ride! :D
And we (I) need Kira pictures please.

Not much happening here because of my hand; OH is going to collect the trailer from the yard to bring it up to the garage so it can be vinyl wrapped the same colour as the tow Discovery. There are two reasons for this, the main one being that it's currently white and mould and dirt shows up very clearly :eek:.

JennBags

HHOSS Wonder Woman
Visit site
Thanks DF and FW, really looking forward to rising again.

As requested, a couple of after pics, s annoyed that I didn't do any before ones, I also wished I photographed his fetlock to see how the swelling had improved.

20161217_113700_zpsgcayhufn.jpg

20161217_113734_zpsq2418ug9.jpg

milliepops

Visit site
Oops sorry FW, I wasn't clear, he's been away on the water treadmill and I stupidly didn't do any before pictures :rolleyes3: can see a marked difference in his shape though, he looks fantastic. I'll do some after pics, he doesn't look like a horse that hasn't been ridden for 8 weeks, and hardly ridden since end of August.

He is looking really well. Back on board for Christmas then, brilliant :)

I'm really glad G is coming home JB, I hope you enjoy your 'first' ride! :D
And we (I) need Kira pictures please.

No ridden pics so you'll have to make do with Kira modelling her new aerodynamic haircut
15492269_1390584577619715_5128526716471565409_n.jpg

she just loves being clipped, I had a right job doing her ears as she kept wanting cuddles. Her furry chestnut goggles are particularly fetching :p Had to leave some nose fuzz on as well, it's too cute to take off.

CrazyMare

Visit site
I took my 4yr old to an arena with steps, water and mini xc fences!! He was absolutely fantastic!!!

My husband quietly asked me to wear my air jacket as he was convinced Eddie would explode!! Thankfully, no explosions and no new canister required!!!

FfionWinnie

Visit site
He's looking great JB. It's always annoying when you've got a great after but didn't get the before. I do it all the time :D

Kira also looking very smart.

I achieved my goal of getting the boy into water yesterday and again at a new place today. Slight hesitation initially then in he went yesterday and immediately started snorkelling and splashing exactly like daisy does. Weird! Today he just walked into it no bother.

He is a cob trapped in a WB body. Another great hack today. He's just so much fun to ride. Like sitting on a cloud. We did some cantering up hills and even some down hills too!

New proper SJer bridle as well which obv helps. :D

6FE2260D-14DF-4D83-9A31-BCA4F6D38913_zps9dgxt2lv.jpg

JennBags

HHOSS Wonder Woman
Visit site
He's very handsome FW, and sounds like he's a superstar as well, well worth the wait to find him. Now you've got the bridle you'll have to take him out to some comps!

Glad Eddie was good for you CM

Aww Kira's so pretty, love her goggles!

FfionWinnie

Visit site
He's very handsome FW, and sounds like he's a superstar as well, well worth the wait to find him. Now you've got the bridle you'll have to take him out to some comps!

Glad Eddie was good for you CM

Aww Kira's so pretty, love her goggles!

We've been out to lots of comps already in fact probably won more on him than any horse I've owned already.

Trouble is they are around 55cms and since his legs are about 100cms long it just looks ridiculous :eek:. This week I am pushing myself up to 65 & 75 on Tuesday and daughter is going up from x poles and 45 to 45 and 55.

Lesson on Monday as well. I thought I was going well jumping 80cms last time til Daughter also jumped the same fences. Hmmmm

Brave hey!?
DDF37E14-D741-4950-930B-E8F4B3E7FEC6_zpslpxcveg2.jpeg

Anything I can do she can do better :D

1AFA0DD6-593F-40B2-8B0F-12B88136E569_zpso13ncdbj.png

Quite careful (and she's getting a lot better at going with him even since this lesson!).

8F747BB7-D2C9-4861-8392-8C5F38F3BCED_zpsvpxspoad.png

Bernster

Visit site
She's definitely out gunning you FW! But with your new boy I reckon it won't be long before you're back on top haha.

Stressage again today, am late to the party as I don't compete much, but am now getting an idea of the randomness of the scoring, perhaps unaff in particular. F felt pretty much the same in both prelim tests, got 60 in one and 76 in the other! And I'd say the second test showed his paces better. Go figure. We did come home with another frilly though from the first test. He's a trooper.

star

Visit site
First time SJ in 3mths and after commenting on the weird turn from 4 to 5 when I walked the course and again waiting to go in I promptly sailed right past it without realising and got eliminated lol. Least number of SJ jumped ever. Good thing it was only next door and not much effort! Doh!

rachk89

Visit site
Doing nothing this weekend. I rode the horse yesterday but he was so lazy and not moving like how he usually does i gave up and 3 of us went for a short hack instead.

Today I feel like crap thanks to this cold but if I feel up to it I will take him into the field or go for a hack again. Not interested in anything remotely complicated haha.

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
Well we survived Christmas dressage :lol:

8F129E7E-AD3B-4FE8-B06A-D79673725D89_zpsdkk9z1pw.jpg

Second attempt at Prelim and ended up on 66% and 6th place, despite napping in the warmup :eek:.

107FE3BE-4203-41A4-A7C6-4DFFE7781A0D_zpsbvltg19r.jpg

She's so cool for a four year old :D.

CrazyMare

Visit site
Heres a slightly fuzzy video still of Eddie - 4 yr old by Bernwode Brokat. He is our resident drama llama, and a pro at holding his breath, panicking then falling over his feet!

15590957_10154838818567162_5168714940180250721_o.jpg