Weekend plans?

Bernster

Visit site
LLoll, it's a lovely venue, amazing facilities. The xc is on a surface in an enclosed area, lots of jumps and a decent variety inc smaller training fences. There is some bigger stuff too depending what level the horse is at. I don't think I'd take a baby baby horse but then I'm still only jumping 80 max anyway! If you're happy around there, and upwards, it would be fine.

Monte - sounds like amazing progress. You're flying! Can I ask what your tips were? We're ok getting the lead, but I do struggle with bend and balance on the left rein so any tips much appreciated. It's tempting to just haul him round with the inside rein bit that doesn't really work!

monte1

Visit site
Monte - sounds like amazing progress. You're flying! Can I ask what your tips were? We're ok getting the lead, but I do struggle with bend and balance on the left rein so any tips much appreciated. It's tempting to just haul him round with the inside rein bit that doesn't really work![/QUOTE]

Bernster, of course happy to share anything which might help :)
Mainly she told me to ride horse more into the outside rein and ensure I use my outside aids to turn :) (i know what i should do but when i get tense, I revert to pulling the inside rein....grr ) she also told me to just carry my inside hand and look at his right ear as I ask for the transition - it worked for us :)
also I need to be much clearer and positive with my aids as she felt he didn't always know what I wanted and was perhaps a bit hesitant .
lots of homework for me I think :)
loving your grey by the way - hard to keep clean but great when they are all sparkly !

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
Don't worry I snook Skylla extra carrots and she's forgotten all about it :lol:, all fingers and hooves crossed for the lovely big bay :).

FfionWinnie

Visit site
That is seriously impressive. Saw a bit of your vid on FB, he has an awesome trot. Although not sure how you're not boinged off, it looks so active! Neck straps ftw!

Thanks she did tell me to drop my stirrups and get my backside in the saddle. I couldn't sit to a canter transition at all when I first got him tho so I must be getting more used to it (or getting better at staying out of the saddle ha ha!). She also mentioned his active hind end and how super it all was. All in all a good confidence boosting weekend. Flat lesson tomorrow and jump lesson on Wed both of which I am looking forward to.

Totally don't want to jinx it... vetting is Thursday though so not long to wait!!!

Good luck!