Weekend plans!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Wow we're all a bit slow this week :D

What's everyone got planned?

Kira has a show this afternoon, M69 and AM91, her first straight AM class and I'm a little anxious but what will be, will be :eek:

Yard has a clinic with Olivia Towers tomorrow and Millie has the first slot in the morning. Had planned to ride Kira but Millie's schedule changed this week so I've swapped them round.

Sunday.... work :( booooo.

Good luck & have fun everyone :D

sackospuds

Visit site
Ooo I'm going to join in, I don't normally bother, but trying to stop being a lurker!
I've got my first outing with my Warmblood tomorrow, 2 novice tests and Sunday I'm doing elementary bronze area festival at Arena UK with my traddy cob 😎

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
Jealous of you lot, a big nothing planned for me again this weekend boo! Topaz was suppose to be out getting her next AF sheet at AM but we have a niggle that I want investigated and I can't in good conscious take her out if there is something wrong.

Skylla did her stuff yesterday and was very brave, might even do a report for her :lol:, so might have to dust Doodle's saddle off and do something with her considering she's finally in a normal range for a Cushings horse so retirement might have to stop ;).

Good luck all!

Lanky Loll

Visit site
Skylla report!! come on AH.
We're venturing to the new girl's first show on Sunday, baby classes as brakes and steering can still be hit and miss so need to be able to trot to the fences if necessary - she's not bothered by fillers etc its more an issue of her deciding she'd prefer to turn right when I want to go left :)

j1ffy

Visit site
Skylla looked fab in the Facebook photos AH! I think she deserves a report :)

I had hoped to go and do two Novice tests on Sunday to get our final Areas sheet, but the venue randomly (and I think accidentally) closed entries a day earlier than stated on the BD website and refused to let me enter. Not happy :( I always check entry dates!! I have asked them to let me know if there are any withdrawals.

On the plus side, I'm off to a spa hotel this evening with my two best friends for dinner, wine, (hopefully) a good sleep and spa treatments tomorrow. Yay!!

ihatework

Visit site
Millipops, you seem to have endless energy, please could you bottle it and send it my way!

My summer fun horse will be boxing to my friends on Saturday for his second jumping session. First one went well and I think he will definitely be more a jump than dressage type. Then on Sunday he will box to the gallops, again a weekly date for him ... he will get fit, trim and in front of the leg if it's the last thing I do!!

Also think there will be some embryo flushing going on which is fascinating. I do love the stud side of things.

milliepops

Visit site
Millipops, you seem to have endless energy, please could you bottle it and send it my way!

ha! It comes from having spent an achingly long time with best horse off work through injury. Seize the day & all that.
Plus I run really well on adrenalin, I'm one of those people that needs deadlines at work. If I'm not stupidly busy I feel all weird and just lose all motivation.

JFTDWS

Visit site
Fergus and I will be here:

18556094_632297023646014_7705962087918457541_n.jpg

Probably sobbing in a corner, being, literally and figuratively, wet.

Good luck to all you dressaging :)

Embo

Visit site
We're off to Oldencraig on Sunday for some BD, doing two tests this time! P17(A) and P19.

Although having checked, there is no difference between P17 & P17(A) (that I can see!! Someone please tell me if I'm wrong!!) so a bit miffed I wasted money on ordering a new sheet lol.

I also made the terrible mistake of looking up the records of the other people in my class :( I don't know why I did it, I was bored at work and something possessed me... what a stupid thing to do!!

Anyway, good luck to all competing! And hope everyone else has fun, whatever you're up to.

I look forward to reports regarding Skylla and Kira :D

HappyDayz

Visit site
We are off to Hickstead Dressage Championships, warm up for our area festival in June. And a picture, which hopefully works, as we had a photo shoot done a couple of weeks ago!

Dun%20front%204%20.jpg

Lol, it didn't work! Can someone try and fix this for me!

Last edited:

j1ffy

Visit site
Wow, stunning photo HD!

Good luck with the dressaging all of you who are going. And enjoy the polocrosse JFTD!

char_f94

Visit site
wow beautiful photo HD!

I am off to look at my very first share tonight!! So excited, then a weekend full of revision for my final 2 university exams!

LadySam

Visit site
I will be resting up with a few painkillers I think! I sprained my finger this morning lifting a too-heavy water bucket with no handle. This afternoon I was face planted in the dirt when the horse I was lunging (usually a laid back and fairly lazy chap) decided to have a bit of a hooley and I was a bit slow releasing the rein. Now I have a mystery pain in my foot and I have no idea how I did that. I think I have a weekend of sitting on my lardy in front of me.

monte1

Visit site
Not that much happening on the competition front for us this weekend, I am dressage stewarding an early section at Tweseldown ODE tomorrow morning , then will get to ride my boy in the afternoon, Sunday afternoon may pop up to London for few hours as daughter has to go up there to do some training, but we shall see.

good luck to all those out competing and have fun all!

{97702}

Visit site
I am moving yards! Back to my previous yard, I'm really looking forward to being on an Eventing yard again, it's dull being on a normal livery yard now :) then Sunday I am doing something - anything! - that counts as event prep :) :)

Bernster

Visit site
Exciting times for lots of you. Hickstead and Polocrosse sound fun. If it's raining JFTD no one will notice your tears, so there is an upside to rain I suppose! And that the ground is no longer baked dry. Although I saw that Keysoe cancelled a xc thing this weekend due to the rain, this ground is a bit bonkers.

LadySam - oops, sounds like you need to be wrapped up in cotton wool!

After a quiet couple of weeks, we're off xc schooling at a local venue tmrw, provided it's not rained off. Hopefully the soaking this week will have taken the edge off nicely. I also get to practice with studs which I don't normally use. Last time we went out, we did this (I think mainly due to the lack of studs tbh)...hoping to improve on this!

IMG_1195.png

Meeting some fellow wobbleberries on Sunday for lunch and a horsey gossip.

Also got my own Willberry when I was at Badminton, my new mascot for the Challenge. Meet Bernie[Brave Pants]Berry :)

BernieBerry.jpg

Charmin

Visit site
I had hoped I'd be getting back on board today after a visit from the vet - pony has a huge splint which has been rumbling on since February! Was rested, came sound, then went lame on it again once brought back into work. Only plus side is that remaining in a tiny paddock means we'll miss this really fresh grass.

Good news is she's trotted up sound, is not as reactive on it but is still with a lot of pressure so more mini paddock rest.

Horses are all moving over to the summer grazing this week so I'm hoping to recruit a volunteer to graze down her field for when she can go out in a couple of weeks. Vet says two more weeks and should get the all clear. I'm very glad it's 'only' a splint and not a ligament or anything, but she's thrown the whole season out!

As a result of being grumpy I'm going to bring the 3 year old back and do some groundwork, maybe break and ride away late summer before chucking him back in the field for the winter and bring out as a 4 year old.

Horses!

AdorableAlice

Visit site
We are taking the cart horse for a lesson with https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKRX-247nd8 Nicky Patrick.

I have met her before and liked the way she teaches. She is in plaster following a nasty accident and is a very petite lady. I just hope Ted doesn't trip up or fart on her. He isn't the type of horse she will be expecting to say the least, but we are still looking for the ideal teacher for him who will understand him.

CrazyMare

Visit site
I am jealous. I want to go party but I really need to get another 1,000 words of my Masters dissertation written by next Thursday.

I had hoped to reward myself by jumping at home on Saturday afternoon but it seems a whole yard rounders match in the arena has stuffed thst. Really wish they'd stop doing this in summer or at least do it out in the fields!!!

Sophire

Visit site
I'm off out to UA Dressage again tomorrow at a local venue. P12 and P18 this time. Fingers crossed we continue our slow ascent upwards in percentages. I'm hoping to affiliate at the end of June and this might be the last time I'm out before then.

On Sunday I'm off to help a friend at Tweseldown and then probably just out for a hack!

HappyDayz

Visit site

Thank you, he is gorgeous. Hickstead plans may be on hold! Muppet managed to get himself cast after having a bath. And ideas on stopping them from getting cast? He has massive solid banks and anti cast strips yet he still manages to get stuck :(

Visit site
I have the Wee Coloured Job out in-hand again tomorrow for a couple of classes. Hopefully I can keep up my 100% class strike rate this year lol! Last weekend the Welsh Cob went out for the first time in 6 years and came back with 2x 1st, a few weeks before the Wee Coloured Job made his seasonal debut winning and going M&M Champ. So fingers crossed for tomorrow! Now he is 4yo he really has to up his game to play with the big boys - both in the M&M section and the Coloured section. Not doing the Shetland classes as they judge is very much a black pony person and putting something that is multi-coloured in front of them wouldn't be the brightest move lol!

HappyDayz

Visit site
Photo%2020-05-2017%2C%2019%2012%2026.jpg

So after getting cast yesterday and a minor cut he came out sound this morning and off we went. I had hoped to get a good percentage. The flag poles at A were blowing in the wind and a plant pot had gone over. I came out of the test happy with the work he gave me but disappointed in the silliness that I though we had overcome. Put him back on the lorry and headed over for the results as we were the last to go. He only went and got joint 6th! So we now have a beautiful Hickstead rosette and a Hickstead rug! Never thought I would place especially after his outbursts!

Can someone fix my picture for me, I'm useless!

Last edited:

{97702}

Visit site
18557111_10155742165384587_7892832226390177704_n.jpg

A pic of the Super Sports Cob in his lesson today..... not quite there yet but so much improved :)

Last edited:

spacefaer

Visit site
Don't normally do these as the hunters are in the field getting fat but have a nice 7yr old who has stayed in work this summer because he's fun - he's the first horse I've ridden in 20 years that I WANT to ride. He makes me smile!

Anyway, we went xc schooling at Llanymynech BE course yesterday -only his third time going formal xc, rather than hunting. We've just been playing, to see what he thinks of it all..... started off over the 90s, ended up over some of the straightforward Novice fences, including the palisade out of the water! Very very pleased with him!! No photos as it was rather wet - the sun came out as we finished.

Today will be hacking him and the young ID - getting that one ready to sell- hopefully then either strimming or weed killing, depending on the rain and going over to my friend's later. We're starting her homebred 4 yr old and today might be the day we sit on him ... also very exciting!

Last edited:

milliepops

Visit site
Good weekend so far for us :)
Kira and I survived her proper advanced medium debut - actually I was super chuffed with her for delivering a much more grown up way of going, half passes of the same quality that I get in lessons, rideable, attentive...
she's still not sure about doing changes in a test so we fluffed a few of them, plus she threw in her fave trick of changing at the start of an extended canter diagonal :eek: but even with a handful of errors we managed 61% and an area festival sheet :D plus 2nd place (and she won her section in the medium :) )

There's lots more to come there when she gets over the changes brainfart so I'm soooo pleased we took the plunge. Got some nice comments from the judge about her work looking secure and confident - that's a massive compliment for a pony with such a weird character!

Yesterday yard had the clinic with Olivia Towers. I was given the first slot and I opted to ride Millie. Really useful session, I needed someone on the ground to help me re-callibrate my feel for getting her more collected and engaged - i haven't pushed this at all since she came back into work but she's ready to do a bit more now. Also did a bit of work about straightness and getting her more honestly to the right rein which made it a lot easier to keep the activity contained. All felt really good so looking forward to developing that stuff again :)

Ponies chilling in the field this morning and will hack out later.