Weekend Plans!!!

{97702}

Visit site
Lévrier;13573820 said:
Going XC schooling tomorrow for the first time in a while - if you don't hear from me tomorrow you know why :p :D

We survived :) :) :) :) Jensen was AMAZING, a bit sticky and green to start with but once he got the hang of it he was awesome!

Shame about my position, but he saw a long one and went for it!

19149107_10155855501224587_3356853090107204867_n.jpg

Not the best of Jensen, but the smile says it all :)

19222753_903502006466999_6934173507685685904_o.jpg

Tidy feet!

19144168_903501369800396_3249987673524189637_o.jpg

I think this one counts as 'verbal encouragement'...... ;) I think I was actually saying what a good boy he was :)

19221732_903502533133613_1720346327994564284_o.jpg

JennBags

HHOSS Wonder Woman
Visit site
Wow keen Dabdab!

Onley sounds like the HHO place to be this weekend, hope you all enjoy it! I've not been there for a number of years but do remember having a really good jacket potato there once! :D

Good luck everyone!

We are off to our first BE :D :D We are doing the 90 at Rackham, I am so excited, i have dreamed of this since i was a kid and it is finally here!

Also doing/ supporting a charity tug of war on Saturday (really good prep!) our team won last year, so hoping we can keep it up! I'm being reserve this year as didn't want to get injured before Rackham on Sunday - Tug of war is brutal stuff!

LP I was FJ there today, fence 13 in the 90, the trakehner, caused no problems, hope you had a good day.

scats

Visit site
Well done everyone! This weather has been a challenge hasn't it?
I got back on board the new girl today, first time since my op, little walk around the farm paths and then into the manège for a little play. She was super well behaved, shouted a bit when some horses got turned out, but I got some lovely work out of her. Last week she was blistering my hands pulling, as her answer to anything was to just haul downwards or forwards. So today I just let her go, sat deep and used my core. The difference was incredible!
Ironing out some issues such as not standing once mounted, apparently she finds it more fun to head off while her girth is being done up, but already getting her to stand and wait so that's brilliant.

We have discovered a little reversing issue when she encounters something unsusual while out hacking, but that should easily be sorted.

HappyDayz

Visit site
I don't think I have ever been as hot as I was today! Decided that anyone that took their horses out today must be mental. So mental I am!
Didn't ask a huge amount of Choccy in this weather, a quick warmup and into the test. Not quite as supple as I'd like him and a little behind my leg.
Didn't have a chance to see scores before going in for our music. He won both classes which I wasn't expecting especially as I didn't ask for as much as I would in cooler weather.
Words can't describe how happy I was to finally ride a freestyle. I have wanted to for years! Not a fabulous score but nevertheless over the moon. We ended spot on with our music.
A great outing to have before our area festival which I am now really looking forward to!

Wimbles

Visit site
We had a fantastic weekend with our newest member of the Nottingham Knights horseball team ;) We played horseball, we watched polocrosse but we mainly sweated!

Massive thanks to PM for giving up your weekend to jump straight in to the crazy world of horseball. Somehow he managed to light a fire under the team and helped with everything (including warming up my horse before each match, I felt like royalty).

On a personal note I was pleased to feel my confidence coming back a little and my amazing Sam just gave me everything despite the head. He really is the most incredible horse. To come back from the racing injury he had to be galloping at full pelt down the pitch staying straight and balanced whilst I snatch the ball from someone's hands is pretty remarkable.

Last edited:

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
extended weekend :) half day today to take Kira out to dressage, was the last opportunity for us to qualify for the welsh champs so we went to a venue we don't normally frequent...
Urghghhhhh FAR too hot. My head is still thumping. The indoor warm up was a horrible sauna and then she spooked round the test arena :eek: but we scrabbled a good enough score to start clocking up points for medium winter regionals (!) and the all important Welsh champs qualification.

Off to put my head in a bucket of ice :blue:

At least someone was happy, the parking was on grass! :D
19224866_1602360599775444_4018010618400118305_n.jpg

Fiona

Visit site
Good on you milliepops. ...

We didn't even ride today, it was just FAR TOO HOT....

Horses looking happy at this decision in their shady paddock. .

Fiona