weekend plans!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Feels like a long week this week, thinking ahead to the weekend.... What's everyone up to?

Kira's off to the BD Native Champs on Saturday, an overnight stay in the new lorry for me and OH... hope the new mattress is comfy, can't be worse than the freezing campbed, surely?!

we're taking her for a little practice drive this afternoon, it's a long time since she travelled herringbone so I hope she still has her sideways-sealegs.

Salty is back to bootcamp again, I've discovered if I ride her really "put together" without letting her think for herself she's like a proper grown up horse :eek::rolleyes:;) so we'll be doing a bit more of that in between everything.

weather forecast looks decent... hope everyone has a nice weekend.

rosiesowner

Visit site
Good luck MP, hope Kira likes the new wheels. Was supposed to be out for the first competition since before I did me leg in but dad's not very well so we don't want to leave him for too long. Hoping to aim for the 25th instead if I can swap a shift. So will be schooling and hacking instead.

Wimbles

Visit site
Good Luck MP, you have the most exciting horsey life EVER!

RO, hopefully it will just meen you are even more prepared and it goes even better.

Unfortunately my lack of an immune system caused another horrific chest infection so has put me out of action for the past couple of weeks. Rode the glorious Koko for the first time last night and she was great. I hadn't been able to ride but did do some ground work last weekend and tried to teach her to "park" at the mounting block as this is really her only flaw as she charges off as soon as your foot hits the stirrup and with my dodgy arm, I really struggle. It was the first time trying it out last night and she stood like a rock! Legend!! So clever!

Aiming for a SJ clinic on Saturday to try and get me back in the swing. Saturday night it's the RoR awards night and we see if Sam has won. Crossing my fingers but not confident.

alexomahony

Visit site
Good luck MP - Super exciting about the new lorry, hope the neds like it as much as you do!

RO - It's all about the practice :D Hope your Dad gets better soon.

Wimbles - Fingers crossed for the SJ clinic and exciting evening for you on Sat - even if he doesn't win, have a great time!

For me this weekend I've got nothing really planned for Sat then taking Sky to a clinic with Ros Canter on sunday. VERY early morning so sadly no partying on Sat night.

Asha

Visit site
My daughter is nagging me to take her to arena eventing at fieldhouse on saturday, shes very good at nagging ! I quite fancy a quick trip out on sunday with my girl to do a bit of local showing.

MP- im sure your new lorry will be bliss,just make sure you have some form of reliable heating, mind you from what you've said you do a your new hubby going with you, so im sure you will be warm enough;)

Hope your dad is better soon RO.

Good luck to everyone out an about.

sportsmansB

Visit site
This doesn't really count as weekend plans as such - its our Northern Region Eventing Ireland Ball on Saturday night
Rules out going competing Saturday (some poor lady has a hell of a job trying to tidy me up :p) and a quiet hack might be on the Sunday agenda...

Good luck all!!

Mule

Visit site
The beast and I are dressaging on Sunday. I have to get my arse in gear and start practicing. He had the EDT out a couple of weeks ago so he's feeling better in the contact.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Good Luck MP, you have the most exciting horsey life EVER!

hahaahaha i'm not sure about that, but having had no transport for the last 3 years, and Millie being off work so much, I'm definitely making up for lost time.

Best of luck for the awards :)

first attempt at big trucking went OK. only went round the lanes for 20 mins but she figured out the sideways thing again ;) I need to make a pad for the partition as she was leaning on it a bit. Anyone know where's a good place to buy the foam etc? budget not likely to stretch to ready made, plus I'm a DIY addict..

46431646_2207990305879134_6109306690379710464_n.jpg

Fiona

Visit site
This doesn't really count as weekend plans as such - its our Northern Region Eventing Ireland Ball on Saturday night
Rules out going competing Saturday (some poor lady has a hell of a job trying to tidy me up :p) and a quiet hack might be on the Sunday agenda...

Good luck all!!

Us too 😊😊😊 but I've given up on looking glam😂😂 so Fionn and I have an XC lesson on Saturday morning 😃

Hair appt tomorrow morning to make me look semi presentable 🤣

Was supposed to be doing M&M WH but it got cancelled so hastily booked a lesson instead...

Hopefully taking F and Daisy to SJ tomorrow evening too...

Fiona

Wheels

Visit site
That's nice oldie :)

Good luck milliepops and kira in your new lorry, hope the mattress is comfy.

I'm taking M to do a derby on Saturday then we'll hack Sunday :)

Bernster

Visit site
Loving all these plans and so nice to hear that people are doing well. New horses, new lorries, exciting plans ahead.

With work and dark days I’m struggling to get much riding in so I’m very fortunate that F is so trainable (and he’s kept ticking over by the yard and my instructor) x we had a fab flatwork lesson again yesterday.

Working on the basics to a great extent but doing them better, smoother, getting him to carry himself more and trying to get us both to be less tense and more supple generally. Seeing as how I’m getting to be a creaky old lady, that can be tough!

Then we’re off on a ranch holiday to play cowboys. Woohoo!

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
We are Arena Eventing at Eland Lodge. Katie and Izzy are both entered on Jenny (Katie the 70 and Izzy the 80). We entered this weeks ago but Katie at the moment is not very keen to go. I think it would do her good to get out but she has not been to the yard since Ginny died and says she does not want to go up. Staying at home on her own won't help her either though.

I am entered in my first 90. Wish me luck! And good luck/have fun to everyone else out and about. I love sleeping in my lorry, MP, but it is VERY cold. x

FestiveFuzz

Visit site
Quiet weekend for us. Need to clip M again ahead of our Conrad clinic next week and will then do a bit of handling with Baby Spice (Dante's new nickname thanks to the bestie!). His rug arrived this week so will also do a little bit of desensitising in prep for when we need to rug him. Might try to box M out for a hack if I have time, but given it's the first weekend in ages where we're not competing I'm looking forward to having a bit of a chilled one.

ownedbyaconnie

Visit site
Jealous of all your horsey weekends. I'm currently in the Netherlands visiting my army OH who is based here atm. Currently revising for my ACA (accounting) exam and waiting for him to come home from work and then he's giving me my first skiing lesson! Then hopefully off to Amsterdam tomorrow and more skiing on Sunday!

I've been doing no stirrup November so praying I've suddenly developed a core and won't ache too much after all the skiing!

Bernster

Visit site
Ooh exciting northern!

Timed it very well as it’s getting cold next week apparently. Am bound to pack for winter as I can’t get my head around packing for the location that I’m going to haha. Assume I need to take my hat as carry on? I’ve even bought a checked cowgirl type shirt 😁

zaminda

Visit site
I'm off showjumping on Sunday, having not done much with her since the last time I went 2 weeks ago! It makes limited difference to her how much she does to a certain extent although I would like to crack on with her a bit over the winter. I was hoping to take my little pony as well, but he has been a little bit off so I'm not taking him.
Good luck everyone!

Wheels

Visit site
Good luck with the new pony Northern :)

We trundled off to do an indoor derby today - a nice low key affair. I have big plans for this pony next year but it means putting a lot of work in beforehand, lots of prep, lots of practise and I need to be a wee bit braver about jump heights.

The derby was good fun, the course was long - 17 fences made up of SJ fences and WH fences. And then, a jump off, I was knackered lol we did 2 classes as i had entered before I realised it was so long. I was very very pleased with M, the first round was beautiful and rhythmical which is what we've been working on. Then he started rushing a bit in the 2nd class but by the time we got to the end and the 2nd jump off we were back in control so very happy.

Everybody got 1st place rosettes which was sweet but we did actually win the 1st class so got a bag of feed and some comfort gut as a prize. Good, enjoyable and relaxed day out

Fiona

Visit site
Well done wheels x x Where did you go?

I made an absolute twit out of myself at an xc lesson with a new trainer 😣😣😣

It was very embarrassing 😣

Fiona

Wheels

Visit site

Fiona

It was at Mackenzies

What happened at your cross country training? I'm sure it wasn't that bad. Was it at Eric Pele's

scats

Visit site

Fiona

Hope all is ok, I’m sure it wasn’t that bad.

My weekend has rather ground to a halt as I’ve been in hospital this morning with a raging kidney infection. Got 7 days of super strength antibiotics.