weekend plans!

Wheels

Visit site
Oh no scats, sounds painful!

Had a lovely hack, hardly any cars to be seen so a good stretching and swinging walk on the buckle. A stop part way round for a chat with a neighbour and a pick of grass for M. Just what he needed

Fiona

Visit site
It was at Mackenzies

What happened at your cross country training? I'm sure it wasn't that bad. Was it at Eric Pele's

Yes at Eric's with JN teaching....

Fionn...
1. spooked and whizzed off full circuit before lesson started
2. Missed stride at step up, panicked one tried to go straight on and take on a 6ft high back which wasn't a jump
3. Stopped at a water tray which he had already jumped earlier, spooked because I tipped forward, and dumped me....
Bad enough 😣😣

OMG scats... Poor you. Hope the antibiotics work soon x x You poor thing...

Fiona

JFTDWS

Visit site

Fionn...
2. Missed stride at step up, panicked one tried to go straight on and take on a 6ft high back which wasn't a jump
3. Stopped at a water tray which he had already jumped earlier, spooked because I tipped forward, and dumped me....
Bad enough 😣😣

Fiona

Little monster! Horses are great levellers - you can't feel competent for too long around them! But at least it will be easy to show improvement next time you see that trainer ;)

Sounds unpleasant, Scats. Hope you feel better soon!

Wheels

Visit site

Fionn...
Bad enough 😣😣

Fiona

Oh no, I hope you can laugh about it in a few days xx we've all been there!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Get well soon scats!

Kira the wonderpone cleared up at the Native Champs :D

46423692_2212414755436689_3333001824079708160_n.jpg

New lorry is a MASSIVE improvement on sleeping on a camp bed in the back of the little lorry :cool: OH rigged up a generator so we had plenty of juice to run a heater etc, curry for tea cooked on a proper stove o_O bed was comfy enough and actually not cold! Kira travelled really well too which was a great relief. Just have to crack on and do my test now so I can use it :p

She neighed her head off most of the night in the temp stables :rolleyes: she calls the whole time when I ride Salty so I'd recognise her neigh anywhere. but she ate a huge haynet and drank lots of water so come the morning she was full of beans and stormed round the arena walk. Advanced Medium 96 first, she set off meaning business and towed me round, one little blip when a stone hit the wall outside the arena and she startled, and we had one change late behind but other than that it was a pretty convincing effort for 65.something between the 2 judges.

a very short break for an outfit change then back for the PSG, we were the only ones in it, confession time, which was a shame but I'm taking the win because she was the toppest top cob of the whole show ;) anyway, it's always difficult to manage her energy and buzziness with 2 tests, and I don't usually ride 2 tests when one is PSG so I got it slightly wrong.. she was super strong but slightly flagging, so we had a few mistakes dotted around for the obligatory 4s, but really thrilled with 7 for her pirouettes :D and some more 7s here and there, so even with the errors it was a 63.something which is ace all things considered. At some point we will get the good scores all the way down the test :eek:;)

Super chuffed with the little squirt, she's just lovely to take away and this year has been extraordinary, so busy, so much fun, so so unexpected. Lots of people I know have had bad news and crap things happen in their lives this year, and it just hits home how you have to grab opportunities with both hands and just go for it.

46438321_1901032069933617_5117096922049413120_n.jpg

milliepops

Visit site
MP, very well done! Great (And honest!) write up :)
;):oops:;)

I'm a bit sad about the PSG actually, there were a good set of combinations in it last year and I had hoped to have some other smart ponies in the class... mainly I was banking on not winning it because you aren't allowed to do the same level next year if you win, and it only goes up to PSG :( It's such a nice show, I'll be sorry not to go next year.

scats

Visit site
Fiona- hopefully soon you will be able to look back on it and have a little chuckle, but I understand your frustration. Horses have a great way of showing us up at times!

Well done MP, I’m delighted for you and everything you have achieved with Kira.

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
MP, did you sort out padding the partition? If not, look at camping mats. A friend did this and it was easy to fix on, her husband glued it to partition, trimmed to size and it's been there for nearly 2 years!
Various depths on the market :)

milliepops

Visit site
Yeah I had an old Eva type mat that was too soft for a stable floor but perfect for padding 😉 thanks for the suggestions though :)

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Some fab weekends here, have enjoyed reading everyone's adventures (especially as it's a bit quiet for me at the moment).

Congrats on the new horse Northern
Sounds like a really positive outing Wheels, hope you and your super lad pack all your plans in next year
Looks fun as ever JFTD!
Hope you feel better soon Scats :(
Hope you're not too sore F - only way is up eh ;)
And massive well done MP - great write up, and boy oh boy do those sashes suit Kira :cool:. It's not so very long ago that you were lamenting on Kira struggling to make it through an advanced test without flagging, and now she's dragging you round a PSGo_O also, lorry curry sounds awesome

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
I hacked my two, so nothing particularly awe inspiring 😜 However, my dad did spontaneously decide to join me and Dabs on his bike. Dabs has never been out with a cyclist before, and rapidly discovered a great new game - Chase the bike. Turns out that if you want to medium trot my horse everywhere, you just have to put a bike in front of him...who knew! He's not remotely interested in horses in front of him, strange animal.

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Unusual sight in a dressage arena, would turn a few heads! :p

😂 pioneers in the brand new sport of circus dressage!
Medium trot behind a clown on a bike, pirouette into a large ball to knock it into the gallery, halt and rein back beneath a parachute wafted by highly sequined assistants......the tests are basically writing themselves 😁

Michen

Visit site
3B7B9203-C9DC-4CBB-9691-6E8C86872E3C.jpegLittle Bog just being awesome out drag hunting. Have found I have a much happier pony in a happy mouth Pelham, grackle and roundings than a cavesson with two reins strangely.

He went from gallop to halt for me to jump off and grab the reins of a loose horse and then stood like a total pro whilst I held on to them both even with other members of the field careering past him with inches to spare. He really is such a mannerly little hunter, goes anywhere in the field and stands like a rock whilst still being his usual great fun self.

He has taken any expectations I had and exceeded them so much, and also shown up those who told me I was utterly mental to take this horse hunting. Best thing I ever did- our partnership grows every time

Mule

Visit site
I'm pleased with myself and the beast. I was much calmer than the last few times out and as a result beastie got 7 for his walk 😀 (when I get tense his walk becomes lateral, I don't know how he puts up with me). We even got a blue frilly (in a small class) 😉

Last edited:

Mule

Visit site

Fionn...
Bad enough 😣😣

Fiona

Fionn...
Bad enough 😣😣

Fiona
Ugh, they always pick the worst time to be troublemakers 🙄

Wheels

Visit site
View attachment 27476Little Bog just being awesome out drag hunting. Have found I have a much happier pony in a happy mouth Pelham, grackle and roundings than a cavesson with two reins strangely.

He went from gallop to halt for me to jump off and grab the reins of a loose horse and then stood like a total pro whilst I held on to them both even with other members of the field careering past him with inches to spare. He really is such a mannerly little hunter, goes anywhere in the field and stands like a rock whilst still being his usual great fun self.

He has taken any expectations I had and exceeded them so much, and also shown up those who told me I was utterly mental to take this horse hunting. Best thing I ever did- our partnership grows every time

This is brill :)

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Wow well done MP. Wonderful Kira!!
Get well soon Scats. Sounds grim.Love the new pony Northern. Do love a haffy. Such beautiful horses.
Bad luck Fiona! We've all been there though..... I don't know this rider but she is FB friends with friends of mine so saw her post this on FB!

Michen what a smart boy. And super well behaved.

My weekend was eventful.....Katie did ride Jenny in the 70 and flew round bang on the optimum time but missed out fence 18 which was frustrating. But that was put into perspective by Izzy coming off at the steps in the 80 as she was going too fast and just wasn't balanced enough. Landed on her head so paramedic insisted on a collar/spinal board/999 job which was scary but luckily no serious damage. Amber was like turning a tanker and missed 2 tight turns. Oh well back to the drawing board for us all.

Michen

Visit site
Wow well done MP. Wonderful Kira!!
Get well soon Scats. Sounds grim.Love the new pony Northern. Do love a haffy. Such beautiful horses.
Bad luck Fiona! We've all been there though..... I don't know this rider but she is FB friends with friends of mine so saw her post this on FB!

Michen what a smart boy. And super well behaved.

My weekend was eventful.....Katie did ride Jenny in the 70 and flew round bang on the optimum time but missed out fence 18 which was frustrating. But that was put into perspective by Izzy coming off at the steps in the 80 as she was going too fast and just wasn't balanced enough. Landed on her head so paramedic insisted on a collar/spinal board/999 job which was scary but luckily no serious damage. Amber was like turning a tanker and missed 2 tight turns. Oh well back to the drawing board for us all.
You really need some super luck from here on, it is much deserved! Xx