Weekend plans!

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
Wow, glad managed to recover Michen. I guess another fall on the ankle was not just what the Drs ordered.

Glad to see the good news stories.

We did another RC pole clinic. Again Finn was a superstar and pretty much foot perfect. Planning another clinic on Tuesday then a dressage comp on Wednesday.

I may leave jumping until she is shod up again.

Michen

Visit site
Wow, glad managed to recover Michen. I guess another fall on the ankle was not just what the Drs ordered.

Glad to see the good news stories.

We did another RC pole clinic. Again Finn was a superstar and pretty much foot perfect. Planning another clinic on Tuesday then a dressage comp on Wednesday.

I may leave jumping until she is shod up again.

Not at all! Also what I thought had happened was completely not what happened!

Any Finn piccies? 😁

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
Ok. NOT MY FAULT on this occasion. Wtf Boggle...? What were you thinking? 😂😂😂 I was very lucky to stay on and his head bobbed me back in the saddle just before the point of no return . photos have relevant social media permission.

Should I be concerned my horse appears to be swimming and then diving over little hedges!? View attachment 29816View attachment 29817Ha!
Wow, well done for sitting that. I guess you could forgive yourself the last fall too, as you said it felt the same, yet the ground does not look boggy, just Boggle going diving! I wonder if it just the exuberance of youth? If he is eventing all summer he may come back hunting next year all grown up.

Michen

Visit site
Wow, well done for sitting that. I guess you could forgive yourself the last fall too, as you said it felt the same, yet the ground does not look boggy, just Boggle going diving! I wonder if it just the exuberance of youth? If he is eventing all summer he may come back hunting next year all grown up.

Nope the last fall was definitely a landing in deep ground and pecking occasion, everyone saw it happen. I think I just assumed that’s what happened here as in other bits of that area was lots of standing water, and the jump itself didn’t feel particularly awkward though he obviously felt the need to steeple chase it! Without wanting to scare myself and over analyse it, he does get onward bound and prefer being tucked behind the master. He is also a lot better over big stuff that backs him off. I’ll forgive him as other than these two occasions he’s always been super safe and careful both hunting and eventing!

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Bless boggle - he needs a cape for jumps like that!

Well I got back on Arty mare. Good points - I now know I can get on her after 3 weeks off and she's as if she was ridden the day before. Bad points - she's an insufferable know-it-all, who wouldn't be nearly so annoying if she wasn't almost always right, and at 4 years old with 6 months work under her belt is already better at dressage than I am :rolleyes:.

'Just lift your shoulder there Arts'
Que spin round forehand
'that's not what I asked for'
'yes it is'
'ok yes it is, but it's not what I meant'

I'll be glad when Mr man flu is back working so I can have the odd brain free schooling session again.

Michen

Visit site
Bless boggle - he needs a cape for jumps like that!

Well I got back on Arty mare. Good points - I now know I can get on her after 3 weeks off and she's as if she was ridden the day before. Bad points - she's an insufferable know-it-all, who wouldn't be nearly so annoying if she wasn't almost always right, and at 4 years old with 6 months work under her belt is already better at dressage than I am :rolleyes:.

'Just lift your shoulder there Arts'
Que spin round forehand
'that's not what I asked for'
'yes it is'
'ok yes it is, but it's not what I meant'

I'll be glad when Mr man flu is back working so I can have the odd brain free schooling session again.

Ha this made me laugh! She sounds great! Are they ok now? Flu scare over?

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Ha this made me laugh! She sounds great! Are they ok now? Flu scare over?
Yes, negative thankfully - just some other snotty virus. Girls are both back to being full of themselves, but big lad is still clinging onto his cough (he's delicate like that bless him).

FestiveFuzz

Visit site
So quick recap, first affiliated done and dusted. M was mega tense not helped by feeling like I was riding like a sack of spuds in the warm up whilst all these uber competent riders strutted their stuff... apparently I didn't look out of place but once I'd let the thought into my head it was hard to shake.

Finally got myself together and into E40...I'd worried after our last schooling session that we'd end up going at warp speed, but M's tenseness meant we only had a minor speed blip coming out of the second CC give and retake which I'd kinda expected. A jog in the medium walk and a failure to correctly judge where A was saw us coming in at 63.06% which I was mega chuffed with given my only aims were to get on, stay on and get 60%.

On to E53 and I'd finally stopped worrying about what others think and actually focused on using the warm up to get M more forward off my leg. The test felt much better, but again my failure to judge the placement of A and a few other silly mistakes saw us coming in with 60.88%, which whilst still technically above my goal was a little disappointing given our earlier score.

All in all it was a super positive outing and I was bowled over by how super friendly and supportive everyone was. We're out again in a couple of weeks, same tests, same venue so hoping we can get a handle on the nerves by then and improve on this weekend's results.

IMG_20190216_175112_480.jpg

FestiveFuzz

Visit site
Brilliant FF
Getting that first go under your belt is a great milestone.

So pleased it's over and done with tbh. I think I'd just got it into my head that aff was a big deal, which isn't handy when you have a horse that tends to get rather tense at comps anyway. Once it was over I couldn't stop grinning though so we've definitely caught the bug 😁

Accidental Eventer

Visit site
Quiet weekend here, went for a ride out with a friend on Saturday and rode in my coaches arena with a different friend on Sunday. It's nice to have company sometimes! Young Henry is getting really grown up and doing some good work at the moment. He really enjoys getting on with it and tries so hard. I'm pretty proud of him!
51966797_10216644595080109_1842832825896665088_n.jpg

Attachments

• 51946497_10216631003420326_3171145156896227328_n.jpg
    51946497_10216631003420326_3171145156896227328_n.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 4

Pippity

Visit site
When I've written for dressage in the past, it's been with BD judges. This time it wasn't, so I'm not sure how much attention to pay to what she was saying! (Well, until I'm riding and she's judging...)

Unfortunately, one of the horses supposed to be part of the mounted pub crawl went lame, so the two survivors just went for a two-hour hack instead. I love this little cob so much. She's so trusting - if I tell her something is safe, she'll believe me, even if she Really Doesn't Like It. (Bikes. Bikes are thoroughly evil.)

However, now she's been fittened up a bit by all this hacking, it's time for a rude shock - she has a LESSON next week!

Capture.JPG

alexomahony

Visit site
Yes this is the info you get from it (this wasn't today's hack but it had more in it so was a bit more interesting to screen shot!)
View attachment 29801

Its interesting because today I was with someone who was nervous about cantering so we did a few controlled canters and his stride length today was 8.8 feet whereas the hack for this I was on my own so went faster and got almost another 3 feet out of his stride!

Literally just downloaded this! CCan't wait to get it started :D

alexomahony

Visit site
Ok. NOT MY FAULT on this occasion. Wtf Boggle...? What were you thinking? 😂😂😂 I was very lucky to stay on and his head bobbed me back in the saddle just before the point of no return . photos have relevant social media permission.

Should I be concerned my horse appears to be swimming and then diving over little hedges!? View attachment 29816View attachment 29817Ha!

Oh wow! Well done for staying on. Looks safer to jump the bigger part of the hedge ;)

Chippers1

Visit site
Today's hack, 28 minutes (our hacking is either really short or really long 🙄) 12 mins walk, 10 mins trot and 6 mins canter. It's a field we can go round that many years ago was a tip so it's quite undulating, great for cantering round
IMG_20190218_164347.jpg