Weekend plans!

FestiveFuzz

Visit site
Half expecting it to be cancelled due to the EI cases getting closer but as it stands we have our very first AFFILIATED outing tomorrow, so I'm equal parts excited and nervous right now.

Not sure what to expect as M was totally on one last night when I was practicing E40 cue lots of half halts and cuddling legs coming out of the mediums (and I very nearly lost him in the collected canter give and retake!), but has a tendency to be sticky and behind the leg at comps. Hoping I've put in enough hours at home to get him more forward off my leg, but we'll see.

We're doing E40 and E53 so my current plan is to use the warm up to soften him up and get the relaxation just in case he decides E40 needs to be done at warp speed, as I fear with the excitement of being out he'll go flat in the second test if I don't balance how much I'm asking of him. Have already decided I'm just going to treat both tests as benchmarking for the rest of the season so nothing to worry about...just need to tell my butterflies that now!

BenvardenRach2

Visit site
Half expecting it to be cancelled due to the EI cases getting closer but as it stands we have our very first AFFILIATED outing tomorrow, so I'm equal parts excited and nervous right now.

Not sure what to expect as M was totally on one last night when I was practicing E40 cue lots of half halts and cuddling legs coming out of the mediums (and I very nearly lost him in the collected canter give and retake!), but has a tendency to be sticky and behind the leg at comps. Hoping I've put in enough hours at home to get him more forward off my leg, but we'll see.

We're doing E40 and E53 so my current plan is to use the warm up to soften him up and get the relaxation just in case he decides E40 needs to be done at warp speed, as I fear with the excitement of being out he'll go flat in the second test if I don't balance how much I'm asking of him. Have already decided I'm just going to treat both tests as benchmarking for the rest of the season so nothing to worry about...just need to tell my butterflies that now!

My first affiliated this weekend too FF o_O
Feeling excited but have the good old butterflies too!! We've put in a lot of work since out since our last outing.. but horses are horses and we will probably end up flying sideways into the flower pots :cool:

GOOD LUCK

FestiveFuzz

Visit site
My first affiliated this weekend too FF o_O
Feeling excited but have the good old butterflies too!! We've put in a lot of work since out sine out last outing.. but horses are horses and we will probably end up flying sideways into the flower pots :cool:

GOOD LUCK

Eeek GOOD LUCK! We've also been plugging away at home, but that almost makes it worse as it means M hasn't been out since November! I wanted to get him out last weekend but was on lockdown until he'd had his booster. We'll have to compare notes afterwards!

BenvardenRach2

Visit site
Eeek GOOD LUCK! We've also been plugging away at home, but that almost makes it worse as it means M hasn't been out since November! I wanted to get him out last weekend but was on lockdown until he'd had his booster. We'll have to compare notes afterwards!

THANK YOU!! Don't worry,we haven't been out since October!!! Field injuries and pre occupied with a bit of jumping:D
BUT you will be fab I'm sure. We are only doing Novice!

Absolutely, lets hope the hard work pays off ;);)

Bernster

Visit site
I’m using my down time wisely and dropping the new lorry off to get up rated (hopefully) next week to a 4.5t so I can go out in company. Various delays and one failed attempt due to the testing station being broken so fingers crossed it finally happens! Then they’ll be no stopping us...apart from the weather, ground, social life, blah blah blah!

nikicb

www.facebook.com
A very fuzzy grab from a video, but Cassie was on fire at our lesson with Sara-Jane Lanning last night. We spent some time working on canter to trot transitions across the diagonal. Madam is feeling very fit and was definitely 'hot to trot', but did some cracking work!!

51861144_1288681311270893_6651305114726301696_o.jpg

ihatework

Visit site
It’s amazing to think that this time last year giant pony went Xc schooling and was such a dork that I had doubts he would event.

A year later and he is chosen as the reliable one to stick the newbies behind out Xc and today jumped through a variety of novice questions, fences into water, coffins with offset skinnies, banks with fences on top etc.

And to top it off he is starting to find a gallop. Proud of the big fella!

rosiesowner

Visit site
This morning Chilli had a brilliant lesson. I asked for help with our crooked right canter we did a great exercise using the franklin balls under my legs (OUCH) involving walk on a figure of eight changing and keeping bends etc. Then moved into trot and canter and boy we were tired by the end but she felt fantastic! :)
Token photo of her being a bit cream crackered and happy to have her noseband unfastened at the end:
52308619_1155407274618918_4022818011843919872_o.jpg

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
This morning Chilli had a brilliant lesson. I asked for help with our crooked right canter we did a great exercise using the franklin balls under my legs (OUCH) involving walk on a figure of eight changing and keeping bends etc. Then moved into trot and canter and boy we were tired by the end but she felt fantastic! :)
Token photo of her being a bit cream crackered and happy to have her noseband unfastened at the end:
52308619_1155407274618918_4022818011843919872_o.jpg

Haha brilliant pic x

Michen

Visit site
Had my first jumping lesson since broken ankle 😄 kept it short and sweet, jumped a little course with with some 75cm overs and a few 85cm uprights. I don’t think I was anymore nervous than I usually am when I’ve had a break from jumping, definitely don’t think the ankle has worsened my fear, it was already terrible anyway 🙈

Hunting tomorrow, probably the last day of the season for us so I’m hoping maybe we can finish it with some little hedges...(it’s amazing how hedges with some port in the system are ok but showjumps half the size are not!)

NinjaPony

Visit site
Well done MP! Lovely to see the natives so well represented.
Lesson was cancelled so schooled today mainly without stirrups- forcing myself to ride from my seat more as that stops him ducking too low in the contact, tomorrow will be a hack and then it’s half term so I’m off on a short staycation and he will be ridden by my instructor, really interested to see how she finds him as I’m finding that after a good 20 minutes suppling, stretching and running through lots of basic transitions, he’s feeling great and you wouldn’t know he has arthritic hocks.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
lovely updates :) and fab pic RO, i love shots like that, they always look so goofy.

had a good time writing at Regionals Friday and Sat though glad it's over now, 4 hours at a time was punishing and apologies to anyone who got sheets I had scribed towards the end of each class cos my handwriting probably went indecipherable :oops:

Invaluable experience tho, key message from the E/B side judges is if you have a halt at X, make it at X! so many halts before or after X... getting a square halt can be a bit more tricky but I will def be practicing hitting the marker dead on in future, it's such an easy mark to lose but an easy one to keep hold of with a bit of practice ;)

Chippers1

Visit site
Went for a 2 hour hack to the local country park in the sunshine with 2 other liveries, he's so good in company which is better than my old pony who would think he's hunting all the time 😅 some good canters and some ditches to jump too.

Tracked with an app which is cool! My old horsebox went off today with its new owner, I was a bit sad about it she was a great box!

Chippers1

Visit site
Yes this is the info you get from it (this wasn't today's hack but it had more in it so was a bit more interesting to screen shot!)
IMG_20190217_133449.jpg

Its interesting because today I was with someone who was nervous about cantering so we did a few controlled canters and his stride length today was 8.8 feet whereas the hack for this I was on my own so went faster and got almost another 3 feet out of his stride!

Michen

Visit site
I’m super annoyed with myself. Jumped a tiny tiny hedge rail thing and again, same thing that broke my ankle. Boggy deep ground the other side and Bog just pecked a bit and I lost a stirrup (duff ankle one) and was very lucky to a) recover and not come off b) have an honest horse who pulled up whilst I sorted my knitting out!

After that I bottled it, didn’t jump a thing, hung on to boggles mouth and he got stronger and stronger. Still a fun day but definitely the least fun I’ve had hunting. Hey ho, there was a photographer at the fence I nearly fell at so hopefully there will be a funny photo which I shall post on here for a giggle!

B320365D-CEA8-4206-ABCC-B79210DBBEE1.png

scats

Visit site
I don’t blame you for bottling it Michen, it’s only natural to be wary after a bad fall and a broken bone. Hope you enjoyed your day though.

I sat on my horse! I went so downhill again yesterday, but I’m citing Lucozade as my saviour. Started on it last night as I still couldn’t eat and I felt so weak. Woke up this morning and actually felt hungry for breakfast! Stomach is still wary of food and I’m being very careful, but I had the energy this evening to head out for a blustery hack. Millie was such a star, think she sensed I was a bit delicate so refrained from any major spooks!

Michen

Visit site
Ok. NOT MY FAULT on this occasion. Wtf Boggle...? What were you thinking? 😂😂😂 I was very lucky to stay on and his head bobbed me back in the saddle just before the point of no return . photos have relevant social media permission.

Should I be concerned my horse appears to be swimming and then diving over little hedges!? 08B5B0DB-056E-4CBB-A822-989428EB57FF.jpegD164A727-173D-401A-BC10-239E1AB79E8F.jpegHa!

Michen

Visit site
Oop faceplant! Pleased you stayed on though. Is your ankle all healed then?

Same! I was not happy to see the ground coming towards me!

It was x rayed mid Jan and 75% healed, they discharged me and said they don’t need to see me again so... assume so! It’s stiff and no where near “normal” but I can get up into a two point no prob!

Bernster

Visit site
Pleased to hear it. I do love a little hedge, where was this? Can’t go out til March but I might just squuuuuuuueze in a final drag hunt before the season ends. Will need to be more prepared next season as I really didn’t get out this season even though I had wanted to 😞

Michen

Visit site
Pleased to hear it. I do love a little hedge, where was this? Can’t go out til March but I might just squuuuuuuueze in a final drag hunt before the season ends. Will need to be more prepared next season as I really didn’t get out this season even though I had wanted to 😞
This was Englefield with the Berks And Bucks. Near Reading a few minutes off the m4. A nice meet, short, home by 3pm- my favourite kind of day 😄