Weekend plans :)

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Seems like I'm off for a flat lesson tomorrow, just had message from sj trainer pal, ordering me to turn up early! (It was his pro rider who has done 3 days boot camp earlier this week on B Fuzzy). Seems he wants to see if stuff has sunk in! Now cursing as need to clean boots etc, tack can have another rub over in morning.

Pippity

Visit site
We had a massive breakthrough in our lesson tonight, and can now turn right AND left! Turns out that while, yes, Blue is a bit of a right-hand banana, a lot of the issue was my right leg and its tendency to creep up, sending my knee forward and my heel back. Once I started paying more attention to my own stiffness, Blue was able to work past her stiffness, and we managed to turn left without walking into the arena fence. (You have no idea what an achievement this is.)

Our usual hacking partner is back from his work trips, too, so hoping to get out for another couple of 2-3 hour hacks this weekend. And I may have a go at popping her over a wee crosspole, but don't hold me to that!

zaminda

Visit site
I'm planning a couple of short training rides today and some arena hire for some SJ practice tomorrow. I was planning on competing tomorrow but the mare was a bit wired at riding club on Wednesday and I think we would get more out of a serious training session than just banging round a couple of classes. Plus I can take the little one too and he has only popped logs for the last month and would love a proper jump! Then gallops with the old mare leading my friends horse who at 19 is still wired to the moon!
The spring grass is coming through who else is finding they are a bit too jolly at the moment?!
Such a shame about Salty MP always upsetting when they can't be fixed.
Good luck this weekend everyone!

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
I can't believe I forgot the most exciting part of my weekend!! A XC clinic on the 80 acres at Somerford. Amber was fab. My position is improving slowly I think - I recover quicker on landing. And that makes her more rideable which is always a bonus!

Girls had a fab jumping lesson. Those ponies are just ace. Love 'em. Just hope that translates into good performances at NSEA tomorrow!

55462281_2210066415740094_3049182203247329280_n.jpg

And finally please enjoy a picture of the lovely Amber post clinic. Grace and class personified...... :p;)

54522724_2210069699073099_356105479497187328_n.jpg

Fiona

Visit site
Looking wonderful AE.

Amber very controlled, and good luck to the girls x x

F persuaded us to take him SJ last night, and he jumped DC in 50 60 and 70, qualifying for the final agai6the clock next week...

Today we hacked this morning, D was scoring at first aff event of the season this afternoon, and I have a dressage lesson tomorrow afternoon. We also aim to practise and record F's online dressage test...

Fiona

Michen

Visit site
Absolutely thrilled, Boggle and his jockey delivered an easy double clear in his first BE100. He was fairly under prepared for his first time at this height with only a few 90’s under his belt but he made it look like no effort and sailed through all the combinations.

What a horse he is becoming!B10A8259-5DF0-4AA3-94FE-848169613241.jpeg

ihatework

Visit site
Over the moon with my bubba horse out in-hand showing. He behaved perfectly which is about as much as you can ask. Tiny classes but never turn down a red one!

Attachments

• 072A0A16-DBAE-4F19-93E4-84180B470F6F.jpeg
    072A0A16-DBAE-4F19-93E4-84180B470F6F.jpeg
    114.9 KB · Views: 16
  • F60F9804-4FA2-47C0-895A-2CE633A91B64.jpeg
    F60F9804-4FA2-47C0-895A-2CE633A91B64.jpeg
    294.4 KB · Views: 20
  • 87AB64C1-F00D-41A7-8861-188575432157.jpeg
    87AB64C1-F00D-41A7-8861-188575432157.jpeg
    174.1 KB · Views: 19

Chippers1

Visit site
Mixed bag for me, dressage wasn't too bad - 60.38% which for our first attempt I'm really pleased with. Some good comments to work with too. Jumping well, the first 7 show jumps were fine, he was on form and jumping nicely (1 pole) then the next 8 working hunter style jumps went a bit to pot! Stopped at the first, had a run out at an angled fence and 2 poles. He did well though, the second half of the course was pretty twisty and hes never done dressage then jumping before! Got 3rd out of 3 ha ha.

However worst news when we got back to the box, the wind (place is at the top of a hill) has caused £500 worth of damage to the top door of the ramp. Absolutely gutted and really put a dampener on my day. I just spend all my money on horseboxes or cars...

I might share the video of the jumping later but I'm not particularly proud of it 😬

Asha

Visit site
Well done AE , fab video which just shows Ambers scope .
IHW well done ! Wish my lad had behaved perfectly 😂😂😂

We came 3rd out of 3 😂😂 But the judge did give him a special award , as she said that although he was a tit , he would make one hell of a horse . He travelled well , learnt to relax on the lorry while waiting . He did show an impressive trot at one point , but then misbehaved a bit , but he did leave all hooves on the ground .

976DDE9F-37DE-4BA2-B4E5-6AD4F6129DFA.jpeg

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Aw no Chippers. Bugger. Our wing mirror fell off the lorry on the way back from Doncaster so I've got lorry bills vomong up too... Grrr.

Chippers1

Visit site
Aw no Chippers. Bugger. Our wing mirror fell off the lorry on the way back from Doncaster so I've got lorry bills vomong up too... Grrr.
More annoyed as I've just paid out for the clutch and my car failed its mot so needed new suspension! Nightmare. Always bad timing...

In lieu of a video have a still from it, need to sort my lower leg out!
IMG_20190324_172137_305.jpg

mavandkaz

Visit site
Great to see so many people out and about.
@Michen Boggle is flipping awesome - your turn next 🙂

We have had a great weekend. Went out to BD yesterday. Our scores lately have not been great, especially compared to where we finished last year. We did minimal schooling during the week as he felt good, so didn't want to over do it.
Novice 37 first. We have done this one four times in a row now with scores ranging from 60-62%. Came out feeling that it was better, with everything in the right place but a bit average. Was over the moon to get 67.5%.
Elementary 57 next, first time for this test, only second try at simple changes. His trot work felt fab, and some areas that need improving. Very happy with 65%.
Thank god, as thought we might just give up.
Then a lovely relaxed, foot perfect hack today.
Everything feels so much better when the sun is shining.

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Mixed day at NSEA Eventers Challenge which was a Hickstead Qualifier. Not Izzy's day but Katie and the awesome Dolly jumped a lovely clear near the optimum time to place 4th in a big class. Only top 2 qualified for Hickstead though so missed out on that but there is 1 more opportunity to try and get that qualification spot!

This pony is turning out the be very special. Just 5 this year but acts like a school master!

54521595_2211650672248335_2434584537947176960_n.jpg

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
Asha in that pic he looks like he is having an absolute ball and you look like you are taking it in very good humour!

oldie48

Visit site
Chippers, lorries are money pits, aren't they? Mine was making a funny noise today I think it was trying to suck the credit card out of my purse!
Michen, sorry you have got to stop calling your horse Boggle, he's Mr Wonderful!
Lots of people coming home with frillies, well done!
Rose and I did a couple of novice tests at the RC area comp today, the weekend hadn't gone to plan as I was a bit poorly but well enough to go out today and not ill enough to use it as an excuse either. Really good learning though, we got 65%+ for both tests although they were lacking in competely different ways. First test I made some awful mistakes but the quality of the better stuff was good enough to boost our marks, second test was much more consistent and accurate but lacked oomph! Basically she was behind the leg. She was very well behaved though and after my rather nasty fall earlier in the month, it was a huge confidence boost. We didn't qualify for anything but then again I didn't expect to, huge classes and some really lovely horses and some very good riders. I have aso achieved an ambition to compete for my RC, and we didn't disgrace ourselves, yeah!

zaminda

Visit site
My weekend didn't quite go as planned. I wasn't well last week so was probably being a bit over enthusiastic about how much I would fit in! I scrapped the arena hire and just took one to the gallops. At 23 she is going very strong and her new bit has arrived although I managed to forget it for today. We did 10k all in all and although the hill is pretty steep she was amazing. Planning her first outing in over two years for three weeks time and think she is about right.
Might get to arena tomorrow or Tuesday with a bit of luck.

Attachments

• IMG-20190324-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20190324-WA0005.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 15

Michen

Visit site
Great to see so many people out and about.
@Michen Boggle is flipping awesome - your turn next 🙂

We have had a great weekend. Went out to BD yesterday. Our scores lately have not been great, especially compared to where we finished last year. We did minimal schooling during the week as he felt good, so didn't want to over do it.
Novice 37 first. We have done this one four times in a row now with scores ranging from 60-62%. Came out feeling that it was better, with everything in the right place but a bit average. Was over the moon to get 67.5%.
Elementary 57 next, first time for this test, only second try at simple changes. His trot work felt fab, and some areas that need improving. Very happy with 65%.
Thank god, as thought we might just give up.
Then a lovely relaxed, foot perfect hack today.
Everything feels so much better when the sun is shining.

Maybe Sham can whisper some dressage tips over the fence to Bog? 😄 I have no aspiration to ever jump the gigantic BE100 fences but I’ll be glad if I finish 2019 not shitting myself at 90 😂

Fiona

Visit site
We had a busy day again today...

Church first, then F and pony recorded their test for online dressage. This time it was Prix Caprilli, which he was v pleased with, and he and Daisy recorded a really nice test considering it was so windy he couldn't hear me, so had to completely learn the test...

We got a quick 15 min for lunch, then it was time to head off with Fionn for our dressage lesson.

It was very basic working on straightness, flexion and transitions/half halts, but Fionn went really well.

So well in fact that I'm furious with hubby that he didn't record anything, because it would have been lovely to watch back...

Fiona

oldie48

Visit site
We had a busy day again today...

Church first, then F and pony recorded their test for online dressage. This time it was Prix Caprilli, which he was v pleased with, and he and Daisy recorded a really nice test considering it was so windy he couldn't hear me, so had to completely learn the test...

We got a quick 15 min for lunch, then it was time to head off with Fionn for our dressage lesson.

It was very basic working on straightness, flexion and transitions/half halts, but Fionn went really well.

So well in fact that I'm furious with hubby that he didn't record anything, because it would have been lovely to watch back...

Fiona
I've given up asking my OH to record anything, he gets all the worst 15 secs, ignores anything that is half OK and then manages to catch anything else that is rubbish. His answer when tackled is that i won't learn anything from watching when I get it right, which is very annoying but as he knows bugger all about dressage I just don't know how he manages to video all the rubbish ( except that it all might be rubbish!)

Bernster

Visit site
Lovely to hear how everyone got on although really sorry about your lorry chippers, that’s a bummer. Boggle is awesome, Michen!

We survived tweseldown. Yay! Nerves still under control. Horse feeling happy and confident. Rider feeling a bit eeeeek at times but managed to keep it together to jump some, for us, meatier fences.
Pics too large to post though sorry. Not sure if the link will work.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10215721182477171&set=a.1738289451657&type=3&sfns=mo