Weekend plans :)

Fiona

Visit site
I've given up asking my OH to record anything, he gets all the worst 15 secs, ignores anything that is half OK and then manages to catch anything else that is rubbish. His answer when tackled is that i won't learn anything from watching when I get it right, which is very annoying but as he knows bugger all about dressage I just don't know how he manages to video all the rubbish ( except that it all might be rubbish!)

If he records at random, you'd think he would get good bits occasionally lol...

Fiona

Chippers1

Visit site
I'm slowly coming to terms with the fact I have to shell out yet more money...:D
I'm very lucky that my OH is very good at filming! Have my dressage test perfectly on video but i'm not sharing that either :p.
I think I need to do something about the stopping though, not sure why Buzz started that up again. Lesson next weekend so hopefully I can talk through it with my instructor. It's not that he can't do the height or the jump is particularly scary, I think it's more me not setting him up properly when they are bigger and he's just on the wrong stride. The stop yesterday was right off a corner and I should have stopped and re balanced but hindsight is a wonderful thing!

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Absolutely thrilled, Boggle and his jockey delivered an easy double clear in his first BE100. He was fairly under prepared for his first time at this height with only a few 90’s under his belt but he made it look like no effort and sailed through all the combinations.

What a horse he is becoming!View attachment 30669

Boggle is amazing! How did you find a rider. I'd love to see someone else take Amber round a 100. x

scats

Visit site
Some super results! Well done everyone.
Michen- I love Boggle, he’s such a dude!

Stepped up Millie’s work a bit this weekend again. Unfortunately my back has not coped well with the chiro adjustment. I am straighter- definitely- but it seems it was so used to being a certain way that I’m in absolute agony in the saddle now with other parts of my back, which is frustrating as I have a certain level of pain as it is, so could have done without more.
Back to the chiro again next a week today so will have to see how I get on this week in the saddle.

Annoyingly, my season has been put back. I need a new gearbox in the wagon and it was booked in last week but the place had it for 2 days and then told me they couldn’t do it because the high lift ramp wasn’t working. I’ve had to book it somewhere else for the 10th April and it’s likely to be away for a week. Was hoping to get out over the Easter holidays but no chance now.

Michen

Visit site
Boggle is amazing! How did you find a rider. I'd love to see someone else take Amber round a 100. x

She’s been riding him for a year and a half, she was advertising on Facebook. Originally it was to sort out his behavioural issues.

I wouldn’t have just anyone take him around a 100, professional or not, she knows him inside and out and I trust her implicitly to always make the right decisions with him.

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
She’s been riding him for a year and a half, she was advertising on Facebook. Originally it was to sort out his behavioural issues.

I wouldn’t have just anyone take him around a 100, professional or not, she knows him inside and out and I trust her implicitly to always make the right decisions with him.

Yes I would also be very careful about letting anyone on Amber too. Sounds like you got lucky in finding a cracking rider! But I am sending her to my usual trainer over Easter when I am away and she will ride her daily. I was wondering about her carrying on riding her every so often and competing her.... I just think as fences get bigger and more technical I may not be the best person to introduce her to them for the first time. I love the way she teaches me on Amber - she gets me riding very sympathetically. Other trainers keep insisting I use the gag rings and she keeps putting me back in a snaffle and it does work better. Amber needs to be asked nicely! And she really likes Amber too.

Last edited:

BenvardenRach2

Visit site
Love, love, love tonnes of photos :D well done everyone - gorgeous horses all round!

My little sister has been learging to ride over the past few months but pony changed shape hugley once she put on some weight and muscle since we purchased her so her saddle was out of the window.. she is such a strange shape shes about 14hh max at a push, very petite and small but has a wide spine apparently and shes in a WIDE fitting saddle!! Anyways we got a saddle fitted to her recently after some searching so we can now get cracking again!

Friday.. we went for a little hack, N's position is fabulous considering she had her first trot around a month ago!
FED4D982-7CDF-459F-83B1-C68A62D65A7D.JPG

Saturday...

We had a little flatwork session on both horses, N was feeling so very confident and was trotting around the place on her own with no help from me practicing her 20m circles and transitions ;) There was a jump out and she asked me if she could pop over it o_O
Lily is a saint of a pony so I knew she would look after her... N did so well bless her Lily was getting a bit excited and forward so she did get a bit left behind at times but Lily was leaping.. but hey for her first jump ever she stayed on!

SO cute!!

A6B68EC8-6B14-43CF-9F72-E280FD7C7737.JPG

Capture.JPG

Sunday..
Me and Rocky had a lovely pole work session at 8am in the glorious sunshine :cool::cool:.. I really need to get them out more often!

24-03-2019-09-17-49.JPG

Asha

Visit site
Asha in that pic he looks like he is having an absolute ball and you look like you are taking it in very good humour!

You have to laugh don’t you ! whrn we where moving he was fab , he just found the standing still a bit of a waste time . Don’t think he’s destined for a showing career 😂😂

Michen

Visit site
Yes I would also be very careful about letting anyone on Amber too. Sounds like you got lucky in finding a cracking rider! But I am sending her to my usual trainer over Easter when I am away and she will ride her daily. I was wondering about her carrying on riding her every so often and competing her.... I just think as fences get bigger and more technical I may not be the best person to introduce her to them for the first time. I love the way she teaches me on Amber - she gets me riding very sympathetically. Other trainers keep insisting I use the gag rings and she keeps putting me back in a snaffle and it does work better. Amber needs to be asked nicely! And she really likes Amber too.

She seems like an obvious choice then if you are looking for a rider?

I guess it depends on what you want to achieve. For me last year it was actually more to get him sellable, because I thought he’d always be to sharp for me. Then it was to get him schoolmaster ish for me to compete. Now... I’m not actually sure. He doesn’t “need” to be doing BE100’s, I have no aspiration to. He’s solid enough at 90 that he doesn’t need any more education for him to help me around. But I get a lot of joy out of seeing him thrive and I enjoy being on the ground as much as riding.

rosiesowner

Visit site
Ooh RO which champs are you going for? Am I right that a team or a my quest score can count?

Associated champs, TB and RoR ones. And yep I know that My quest ones do count and team quest ones probably do too, but would be worth looking on the associated champs section of the BD website to make sure the team ones do count. Unless someone else could confirm for me?

rosiesowner

Visit site
It’s okay to be naughty in your test when you look this gorgeous... I went wrong by circling too early and we had jogs in both of the walks. Managed to scrape a 60.9% with 2 marks deducted for my mistake and awful marks for both walk sections. You win some you lose some... It’s still a qualifying score for associated champs though so we can now send away our qualification sheets :D
54526066_1177752715717707_5021269686210265088_o.jpg
55451761_1178359095657069_4345065722980859904_o.jpg
55563328_1178359158990396_5505530238131503104_o.jpg

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
I have no pictures despite actually having company for once!!!

Took Topaz for the lesson as she feels great and I wanted Di's input whether I was feeling it right or not :p (not that I over think things at all lol). Absolute epic lesson, we did get chased with a swooshy stick a little but my god did it show Topaz has a whole new level of mega to come! Not sure Topaz is as happy we've found she's been half-arsing it a little, this is the problem when they are already go'y and look engaged you can fall into the trap of thinking we're 'there' rather than 'what more can we get'.

Love that the horse with the terrible four beat canter is proving that she can do it, and not only do it but is fabulous at it :cool:, having a serious I love my pony moment (Skylla is ruining this by being a complete diva so I'll stick with the at least one is behaving!).

Post lesson polo
53439750_992746740911186_5109426767588753408_n.jpg

RO where did you get your ears from, they look lovely!

Chippers1

Visit site
As if things couldn't get any worse, took Buzz for a hack and not only was he horribly spooky and like an unexploded bomb he spooked into another liveries car and caught my stirrup on it 😫 felt absolutely awful and told them straight away, she was ok with it but I feel so guilty. Naughty boy!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
You are a star and I shall have a nosy to see if I can find any, thank you :cool:.
not too blingy, mind! ;)

We had another new-venue adventure yesterday for another PSG music. Thought we ought to have another go while the new floorplan was fresh in my mind. Kira had been super sleepy while I was plaiting her up so I thought I should give her another scoop of Turbo flakes to pep her up.... WHEN WILL I LEARN :eek:o_O she never needs it! She was very much taking charge when we got there :rolleyes: did some good half steps to get her to let me in, but the tempis were all done with 2 fingers stuck up at me... I was playing with the 1s on Monday which was A Mistake as she still sticks them in all over the place :oops: Doh.

Anyway, we had a minor and pleasingly short lived meltdown upon going into a strange indoor arena, she tried to pretend she'd never seen white boards for about a lap and a half and then got a grip and tried pretty hard. The 4 tempis were a mix of random numbers but the rest was more or less delivered as planned. And we won! 65% with some encouraging comments about my floorplan from the judge, shame about the 4s as that clobbered a few collectives but when we can pull them off then the degree of difficulty mark etc will come up.

Met some nice new people too incl someone who had spied her from the forum *waves* so a very enjoyable first trip there :)

55608173_2409225515755611_3784604673042808832_n.jpg

Chippers1

Visit site
Well done MP :)

Anyway, we had a minor and pleasingly short lived meltdown upon going into a strange indoor arena, she tried to pretend she'd never seen white boards for about a lap and a half and then got a grip and tried pretty hard.

This made me laugh, Buzz in the dressage on sun pretended he'd never done a proper soft canter transition in his life, on both reins! It was all a bit too exciting for him :D

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
haha Chippers! :D they are great actors sometimes. Honestly, I don't know who she thought she was kidding :p Of all the things I thought she'd be a tit about, the boards were not even on my radar :rolleyes:

oldie48

Visit site
Well done MP :)

This made me laugh, Buzz in the dressage on sun pretended he'd never done a proper soft canter transition in his life, on both reins! It was all a bit too exciting for him :D
On sunday we were finishing off a serpentine when Rose stopped dead at H and stared into the distance at goodness knows what! I got her started and managed to pick up the canter trans but she popped perfect FCs into both counter canters despite me anchoring my seat bone and keeping the bend. It's nice to know she finds FCs so easy but I don't want them yet!

Chippers1

Visit site
Ha ha, they definitely pick their moments! I expected him to spook at the judges car (see above post about spooking into another car, he's not a fan!) but he didn't even look at it, just thought whizzing around would be much better!
I don't think i'll ever be able to work out what goes on in his brain

Bernster

Visit site
Hopefully wont confuse folks by adding pics here but this was from last weekend so thought I’d update on here. Tweseldown outing. Sorry they are a bit grainy, stills from the video!