Weekend plans?

Sheep

Visit site
I’m sneaking in early, only because DPD have just delivered a new saddlecloth and brushing boots to me, and I need an excuse to show them off!!! With a sideways photo lol.

So, what’s on the agenda this week?
We have another 3 day weekend, so still trying to decide what to do & where to go. The beach is a possibility, and OH is keen to go xc schooling somewhere.

AF1B2888-C95E-4956-9E8E-E6B5DC36AA92.jpeg

j1ffy

Visit site
Very nice Sheep!!

Nothing exciting planned here. Probably a long dog walk on Saturday and a hack on Sunday. Horse had vaccination and teeth today so maybe just a quiet lunge tomorrow. He was one of the unlucky ones whose jab was due in the period when vets were told not to do them so we’ve had to restart the whole course ?

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Ooh have fun Mule!
Lovely Sheep.
How frustrating Jiffy!

I bought a dressage saddle off ebay and it fits Toby perfectly. Hurrah. Now need to find a bit he doesn't hate! He has a low palate so everything sticks into the roof of his mouth and irritates him I think.

Girls have clear round SJ fun comp at the yard tomorrow and I have a flatwork/ bit trying lesson.

I feel slightly on edge as this is the time I keep expecting 'issues' to emerge as a horse settles in and starts showing the odd unwanted behaviour. That never happened with Dolly or Jenny. They stayed 100% fab from day 1 onwards. But that is not always the case! No red flags so far apart from not seeming to like bits though.... so far so good!

DirectorFury

Visit site
I'm keeping everything crossed that the little salt sachet appears soon MP! :)
Mad had today off and will have tomorrow off too, the farrier is *finally* coming. She's massively overdue (usually 5-6 week shoes, this set is 13 weeks) as farrier wasn't working due to lockdown and then the yard was quarantined as YO was ill etc.
We're stuck with walking round the block until there's some rain, there's every chance that the tarmac is softer than the field at the moment! Annoying as the Pivo arrived today but I'm not sure when I'll get to test it :(.

Hope everyone else has fun and stays safe!

JFTDWS

Visit site
Nothing here either. I'd quite like to go and do some arena hire, but I've accidentally backed myself into a corner where I feel mean going out by myself, but can't take my friend as her horse needs something doing before it can come out again. She'd tell me to go, but I'd still feel mean. Bah humbug.

Still, I have a patch of field I can trot and canter circles in which isn't too awful, so I can school at some point, and I can hack all of them all weekend. Might shoot a few arrows off Fergus while I'm at it. I'd really appreciate some rain though!

scats

Visit site
Have a great weekend everyone.
MP, I’m checking FB first thing every morning for your updates! Come on Salty!

I’ve got dogs in Saturday morning and afternoon but I will get the girls out hacking at some point. I’m so knackered this week and my back is wrecked, Sunday will probably be spent sleeping!

Bernster

Visit site
Foal watch, how exciting. Hope all goes well.

just a tootle around for me too. We’re still on 1.5hr time slots and 1 weekend day so will head up for a hack out. Back to A more normal system from Monday though thankfully.

Am still feeling reluctant to head out in the lorry, partly not fit enough, partly just need to get back in the swing of things, partly the mechanic who’s a bit flighty and still waiting for him to collect it for a repair. Are all lorry mechanics like this or just the ones I use?!

Pippity

Visit site
@milliepops I'm so excited to see what Salty produces!

@JFTDWS If I was your friend, I'd be quite disappointed if my wonky horse meant you missed out on your arena hire.

For me, lockdown's loosened enough that I can see Blue at weekends, so she's going to get a serious spa day! A good brushing to get out the last bits of winter coat, and maybe a bath if the weather's as nice as forecast. Tail thinned, feather neatened, and mane tamed a little. She's got farrier, instructor AND saddle fitter visiting next week, so I want her to look something vaguely approaching respectable!

Accidental Eventer

Visit site
We have dressage club running this week! I have only been to one rally and I loved it so I am excited for the second one. Two lessons booked in, I hope Henry isn't too fresh. it's been a bit wet and wild this week so riding has been a bit light. He was a rodeo pony the other day but made up for it yesterday.

Sunday will be hacking and enjoying the puddles in the bush, might go a bit further afield as the ground will have softened up and Coolie haircut has reminded me he's not retired!

Monday is a public holiday and a friend and I are going XC training. Really looking forward to it I have been missing it.

Around riding we will be walking the dog and baking!

Northern

Visit site
Working this weekend, but hoping to get out in the brilliant weather for some riding :)

Potential new filly is being vetted early on Monday, so will be on tenterhooks. Vibes invited from all for clean xrays and everything else. I wasn't looking for a full WB but really like this girl so would be very disappointing if something significant came up! If all goes well, transport is booked for Monday week, eek!

Michen

Visit site
Long reining Boggle!! Getting him used to tack again to hopefully ride next week now he’s chilling out a bit. I cannot WAIT, will he like putting on my comfiest slippers but better. And not comfy actually because he gives me a stitch from his bounce ?

ihatework

Visit site
Finishing building chicken pens, nearly there!
Continuing to wrap the big fella in cotton wool and exercise him cautiously until the transporter can finally get him,
Probably getting sunburnt,
Checking in on the little twerp, who thankfully hasn’t been too twerp like this week

TheSpottyCobby

Visit site
We are preparing for our first bash at a novice dressage test next weekend (novice 30) as YO is running a socially distant dressage afternoon so we can all ride through some tests and get some feedback. So this weekend we will be working on some of the movements as the school will be watered tonight (hallelujah!) So I won't be so worried about the surface. We will hack today, getting very bored with the solid ground though and not being able to get out of second gear. Walk lateral movements between bushes and trees is coming on a treat though ?

Nicnac

Visit site
First week off work next week since last summer and just gone through very difficult 3 months at work due to C-19. Hope to get back on properly from tomorrow rather then once a week if I'm lucky and bring him back into work ready for restarting "normal" life.

Looking foward to the arrival of the 2nd HHO foal MP!

Reacher

Visit site
XC lesson this afternoon, over baby jumps but feel ?? as not done XC since last year. He will be lunged first to get most of the bumptiousness out of his system.

Belated post for last weekend- had lesson and did walk canter walk transitions- downwards ones very ropey but all of a sudden his trot and canter just lifted as he stepped under - it felt amazing. This is from mr H who has dragged me around on his forehand for past 3 years. Why didn’t anyone tell me to do this before?? (ETA sorry reads like I’m blaming the horse - obviously I’m not it just feels like I’ve had so many lessons and I got rather frustrated with what seemed like little progress yet one exercise blew my mind with the improvement it made. Onwards and upwards.)

Can’t practice at home unfortunately but in hack yesterday did halt - trot - halt transitions and they were coming on quite well and hocks were coming under him. Even his halts were (a bit) squarer!

Last edited:

Roxylola

Visit site
Saddler tomorrow morning, then teaching, then a jump lesson in the afternoon.
Sunday I've nothing strictly planned, I owe my owners eldest a lesson - in so far as I give the two girls a hack or a lesson every week and I did her sister last week, that will probably be sunday. And maybe a pootle round the block on Sunday for supercob to have a stretch. Other than that I need to get on top of my housework - full time hours plus all weekend teaching has me very behind :rolleyes:

monte1

Visit site
MP, I feel your pain with foal watch, cannot believe my baby is three weeks old today !
Fingers crossed for you she doesn't hang on to long, but i guarantee you it is all worth it in the end !!

Weekend plans for me, firstly, foal cuddles, have been working on handling, haltering and walking in hand, pretty much since birth and he seems to get the idea, I tend to do a couple of minutes of walk on halt every couple of days. he is very cuddly and loves a bum scratch , lets me brush him all over and pick up legs, I fly spray him when doing mum

Saturday will be mainly yard tidying and hacking I have lesson Sunday early AM, then we are off to do some XC schooling on Monday Evening (yaay)

hope everyone has a great weekend

Sheep

Visit site
Just decided we are going xc schooling tomorrow morning, so I will be cameraman rather than participant!
Had a laugh when I went down the field earlier. Big horse was sleeping, full on dreaming, legs twitching and everything. I think he did a flying change in his sleep ? no worries about him not being sufficiently well-rested while he’s living out...

catembi

Visit site
Cody has EPSM n/p1 & I sent off a sample to Germany yesterday to be tested for type 2. **sighs** so I am now riding my New Forest companion pony as my main horse. She is probably around 12.2. We are going for a 'lesson' tomo - her first trip out (we have been practising loading) so will probably be more of a pootle/look round. Got to start somewhere!

JennBags

HHOSS Wonder Woman
Visit site
Foal watch, how exciting. Hope all goes well.

just a tootle around for me too. We’re still on 1.5hr time slots and 1 weekend day so will head up for a hack out. Back to A more normal system from Monday though thankfully.

Am still feeling reluctant to head out in the lorry, partly not fit enough, partly just need to get back in the swing of things, partly the mechanic who’s a bit flighty and still waiting for him to collect it for a repair. Are all lorry mechanics like this or just the ones I use?!
Mine's not really flighty as such but he seems to have lost interest in doing lorry repairs nowadays, he's getting close to retiring so I think I'll need to find a new one. My MOT is due June, I think we have a 3 month extension but it usually takes 3 months to get a slot so god knows how long the wait is going to be once the testing stations open again.

I'll be hacking as usual, really fancy the beach but the tides aren't right until next weekend, I wonder if I can find someone to join me early next Saturday. Slightly worried about going down the stones but I should have got my hoof boots by then (haven't even ordered them yet!).

Reacher

Visit site
We survived our first Xc lesson of the year yesterday evening, which thinking about it was first outdoor jumping lesson of the year. More just a play over baby jumps to get my nerves under control. Was very hot so didn’t lunge him too much first , fitted his stronger brakes, he still felt a bit like he wanted to take off with me, I felt like a wobbly nervous nelly! We worked on pulling up after each jump, RI tried bribing him with a treat once he had pulled up which worked well until she send us off to do a row of 3 jumps in the direction of home then as we turned to the first jump he spotted a horse going past in the distance and started boinging on the spot and I started bleating in a panic ....I was made to do a tight circle then jump 2 of the 3.
Got a flat work lesson on Sunday, hopefully more transitions mixed up with poles to keep his brain engaged.
Have a great sunny weekend everyone!

Bernster

Visit site
Ooh what beach do you go to jennbags?

Lorry collected, now the wait for report back and inevitable repair cost. Hopefully when it’s back I’ll feel ready to head out again.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Is Salty's the last HHO foal to go?
dunno, think so, we've had successful deliveries from monte, EKW and PF, plus some extras ... not sure who else was expecting.
Had a disturbed night with lots of getting up and down but I think she was just trying to get a bit of sleep, I know the feeling! OH turned her out for me this morning so I could have an extra hour long nap :p

KEK

Visit site
Had a great hack this morning, Malachy offered quite a few canters, I took him up on one up a hill as the verge is much softer after all our lovely rain. Not one buck! :D

JennBags

HHOSS Wonder Woman
Visit site
Ooh what beach do you go to jennbags?

Lorry collected, now the wait for report back and inevitable repair cost. Hopefully when it’s back I’ll feel ready to head out again.
Littlehampton/Climping. When all this is over, you could box down to me, camp overnight and come out with me if you like! That would be lots of fun.

Hope lorry bill isn't too painful.