Weekend plans?

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Thanks all, I'll put some more pics in the thread in Breeding to avoid hogging this one.

Just seen latest instalment. How gorgeous! How did the birth go?

it was pretty straightforward, she had started sweating at 7pm and foal was out by 8. Waters broke about 7.30ish after a big thudding kick from the foal, front hooves appeared about 7.35 and she struggled a bit to get the head out but it was reasonably easy after that, we didn't do anything except I pulled the sac off her nose (and hindlegs when she started wriggling about and the cord broke). salty has torn a little bit but it doesn't seem significant and she's very happy so hopefully all OK. Vet coming later this morning to give them both a once-over. amazing and I'm so glad I was there to watch it happen.

Marigold4

Visit site
Thanks all, I'll put some more pics in the thread in Breeding to avoid hogging this one.

it was pretty straightforward, she had started sweating at 7pm and foal was out by 8. Waters broke about 7.30ish after a big thudding kick from the foal, front hooves appeared about 7.35 and she struggled a bit to get the head out but it was reasonably easy after that, we didn't do anything except I pulled the sac off her nose (and hindlegs when she started wriggling about and the cord broke). salty has torn a little bit but it doesn't seem significant and she's very happy so hopefully all OK. Vet coming later this morning to give them both a once-over. amazing and I'm so glad I was there to watch it happen.

That's what worries me - it's so quick! Easy to not be there at the critical moment. How lovely to have the foal born at home and to be there for it. Did you have any birthing alarms?

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
That's what worries me - it's so quick! Easy to not be there at the critical moment. How lovely to have the foal born at home and to be there for it. Did you have any birthing alarms?
No but I have 2 cameras on her, one in the stable and one for the field so I was spying on her all the time and I only like 2 mins away.