Weekend plans!

SEL

Visit site
The micro cob was going to have the day off but when the fat Appy went out after her morning stretches tiddler practically put her nose in the headcollar - so I thought if she's that keen she can come in!

When I first took her on lunging was me standing still while she galloped around with a worried look. So today we did walk on the end of the lunge. Still a bit worried but calmly walked over poles and calmly into trot - just then a bit of a mad motorbike trot. Downwards transition still work in progress ?

Dales x Exmoor from tracking down her parents. Super willing to learn but with that pony streak of stubbornness!

Roxylola

Visit site
Woohoo, lots of jumping this weekend. We bucked the trend with our flat clinic figuratively and literally a couple of times (he finds he needs a little oomph in to the canter occasionally). Teaching went mostly well - my owners daughter fell off though landed awkwardly and has a broken arm ?, shes basically ok, no need for surgery or a cast so hopefully she'll heal well. I'm gutted for her but it was just unfortunate really. Screenshot_20200613-195652_Gallery.jpg20200613_195712.jpg

C1airey

Visit site
Pony arrived yesterday. 4hr journey and stepped off the trailer fresh as a daisy. Walked to her field like she owned the place and got on with the serious business of eating. Hacked her this morning and although feisty to mount, was hoof-perfect the whole way round.

My face aches from smiling so much.

oldie48

Visit site
MP Rose hates the arena here at home. Quite a few of our horses have found it spooky along the longside which is adjacent to a hedge which then drops down onto the lane but Rose is by far the worst. I've also found some of the horses are spooky to bring in from the field which is next to the arena. It's almost as if they can sense something that I can't. I'm not sure where you are now but fingers crossed something will turn up.
I fetched Rose home today but hacked her out in company round the fields before I did. Wearing my new air jacket, I did feel more confident and although we only walked it was a good start and she was very relaxed despite the bloody horse flies! They were huge open fields so I was pleased with her.
Great to hear everyone elses news and isn't it nice to getting out and about again?

IrishMilo

Visit site
XC at MK this PM.

104412356_558984295010113_8490537647329261692_o.jpg

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Took kira for a jolly today. It was hhhhhhot! ? and thunderstormy. She was up for it though, we did lots of gear changes in canter and then some piris, really pleased with the leap in understanding she's made with these. Even before lockdown she was trying to hollow in the piris and pull herself up with her under neck. Now its soft and easy, still some work to do on the size but I've deliberately pushed them out slightly to improve the correctness. Plus we can get out without an ugly stride now too, hurrah for *some* progress ?

20200614_194516_compress11.jpg

TheSpottyCobby

Visit site
Well I survived my weekend ? lesson yesterday on the very lovely Rio was great, he’s so very different to my little pony though! Got a nice tune out of him, although he’s not an easy ride, he’s a real credit to the riding school. And today me and Gambit E7284BBB-8E5D-4346-9DE4-9C1924763F50.jpegBF0D3B87-526F-4DC4-A99A-94A24FED27DE.jpegcompleted our first course of tiny jumps since last August and went clear ? was messy but he didn’t look at anything and clearly remembers his job. Nice squishy bum muscles after as well (fellow PSSM peeps will understand my joy)

nikkimariet

Visit site
Rooni has had a fun week! On Tuesday we went arena eventing at Dallas Burston! Yes, you read that correctly lol.

9F725DB5-1890-4974-9EF8-A5A400EA4407.jpeg
FD58A2C7-8198-4205-8785-5C0C1CB2D9F4.jpeg
46A4055C-1C60-45E1-B9BB-CF6300CEAAF8.jpeg

He was great. Green at first then really relaxed. Had lots of fun.

Just the one session in the school.

6AD51CCB-F71A-461C-A05D-A5EC231FB305.jpeg
41D02735-36B3-49BA-952F-AA506501B23C.jpeg

Felt very grown up and I was pleased to see I was keeping the poll up just that bit more but not incurring tightness as a result.

Over the Friday, Saturday and Sunday we have clocked nearly 6 hours of hacking.

96020947-A59A-4581-A950-A00950FF625E.jpeg
845B2BDA-E269-4100-8EC7-7D4775CD3B13.jpeg
5C6BB837-E6B8-4844-9A2A-A05CE88BFDC2.jpeg

He makes me remember why I love horses and riding.

And Mr Fig who is just awesome. Had our first two trots in 6 months!

CA3111EE-F87A-48CA-ACDC-ABEA1A3AE91A.jpeg
095B84BA-48C8-49D9-BBAD-550B8C4CB9AD.jpeg

He feels really good, very promising.

catembi

Visit site
Took my little mare for her second lesson! She is now travelling like a pro and was a lot more chilled. We did some trot work and she saw other horses being caught in etc so a bit more to look at. She is actually coming on really well and I am thinking about aiming for a walk-trot test within 3 months or so. I *need* a saddle with longer flaps though. She won’t take a saddle bigger than 15” which luckily I can squeeze into, but I am not enjoying the child length flaps. Ideas...? And am I insane to think about competing a teeny tiny while I get the ‘big horse’ situation sorted? She is no bigger than 12.2; I am 5 ft 1 and 49kg...

Attachments

• 05C3955F-2804-4ACE-8B43-A2CDA8C5DD4A.jpeg
    05C3955F-2804-4ACE-8B43-A2CDA8C5DD4A.jpeg
    353.6 KB · Views: 27
  • 0F3F9F62-DDC4-4F51-833E-CD8D59B1836E.jpeg
    0F3F9F62-DDC4-4F51-833E-CD8D59B1836E.jpeg
    546 KB · Views: 26

Roxylola

Visit site
Go for it catembi, you might struggle for a saddle without getting one made, or maybe an upswept seat so it's a 15" panel with a bit more seat room. That does look very dinky.
If she is working well, get out and do a bit. Life is too short, all this at the moment has made that very clear

Accidental Eventer

Visit site
We had a great weekend full of dressage. We had two good lessons at dressage club, Henry was happy to be out and about and worked really nicely. Sunday we had our training day and Henry was nice and relaxed and I ruined it by getting tense! The first test i did was a protocol test and so I took the judges feedback on board and relaxed and allowed things to flow better for the second test and it scored so much better. Note to self, dont get so tense!

Horse riding is such a work in progress! I don't know if I will ever crack this dressage thing!

Roxylola

Visit site
We had a great weekend full of dressage. We had two good lessons at dressage club, Henry was happy to be out and about and worked really nicely. Sunday we had our training day and Henry was nice and relaxed and I ruined it by getting tense! The first test i did was a protocol test and so I took the judges feedback on board and relaxed and allowed things to flow better for the second test and it scored so much better. Note to self, dont get so tense!

Horse riding is such a work in progress! I don't know if I will ever crack this dressage thing!
Welcome to dressage addiction- once you start that slippery slope of realising there is always a bit more, another step etc you've had it basically

Wheels

Visit site
Took my little mare for her second lesson! She is now travelling like a pro and was a lot more chilled. We did some trot work and she saw other horses being caught in etc so a bit more to look at. She is actually coming on really well and I am thinking about aiming for a walk-trot test within 3 months or so. I *need* a saddle with longer flaps though. She won’t take a saddle bigger than 15” which luckily I can squeeze into, but I am not enjoying the child length flaps. Ideas...? And am I insane to think about competing a teeny tiny while I get the ‘big horse’ situation sorted? She is no bigger than 12.2; I am 5 ft 1 and 49kg...

She is lovely! I'm sure you're fine to ride her as long as you're sticking to the 15% rule (sorry I have no idea how much a 12.2 pony weighs)

I think she would thank you for a different saddle too, it looks like that one has run forward and become unbalanced

Dyllymoo

Visit site
Well.... we moved yards on Saturday. Friday afternoon was spent sorting some of my stuff out, Saturday morning the same and then moving it to the new yard. Then I gave J a quick hose off and did the epic 7 minute journey in the horsebox. Bless him he called and called the whole journey it made me feel so bad. Got off the box and he was standing like a welsh stallion and looked huge! Popped him in with his new friend D and they had a sniff (D came up to J) and then grazed, and trotted, and grazed and walked.

I was so surprised at how confident J looked walking around the large field. He did have one bucking cantering moment and everyone gasped at how big his buck was, even the YO commented that it was surprising! Bless him.

We sorted some bits out keeping an eye on him and D but they were super chilled so we left him out overnight. Yesterday he was very happy, I took him in the school and long reined him a bit and he was good as gold (especially as we have to walk through his field to get to the school). Then he went out again and he seemed happy as larry.

I honestly feel so relieved and like a massive weight has come off my shoulders.

J and D.jpg

J and D 2.jpg

Grass.jpg

monte1

Visit site
Late to the party , but our weekend plans started on friday, had a days holiday and we went to a lovely local XC schooling hire which also has a nice show jump course set up and dressage arenas to use, all on grass, but the ground is sandy and the going was just fine.
We had booked the whole day there , show jumping in the morning a spot of lunch then pottered round the XC all afternoon. mostly it went well, show jumping i was really pleased with him and my trainer said we are so much better and working more as a team.
XC he got a bit nappy leaving my sisters horse and as a result was behind my leg which i didn't sort out fast enough, he backed off at a double of corners, I ended up slow motion falling over his head landed on my feet right at the jump, but then sat down on the ground on my bottom and bruised my coxis -ouch ! got back on and all was well after that, feeling a bit sore though, gave him a day off Saturday anyway and rode carefully doing some flat work yesterday. Some photos of our day out attached, excuse the bad hand position in some of them -it is something i am working on when he takes me by surprise especially over the corner that I had already fallen off at . trying to post the SJ video but cant get it to load it at the moment !

Attachments

• IMG_3162.JPG
    IMG_3162.JPG
    126.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3165.JPG
    IMG_3165.JPG
    111.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3159.JPG
    IMG_3159.JPG
    138.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3161.JPG
    IMG_3161.JPG
    171.2 KB · Views: 9

JFTDWS

Visit site
I'm with milliepops in the arena frustration camp. I took Carrot to arena hire yesterday and she was very good, popped quietly round a course of small fences, then schooled her for ten minutes on the flat. All fine - her flatwork is more balanced and formal, but the jumping is a bit meh - she didn't put a foot out of line, but I just don't ride her forward enough because it's all so inconsistent. Partly I'm just annoyed because some knob in the village has been complaining about my horse being in a full neck turnout in this weather - because they're too stupid to recognise a fly rug :rolleyes:

104474048_1321439634731746_9127176909350360499_o.jpg

103086752_1321440381398338_4200513737150253791_o.jpg

Sheep

Visit site
I ended up doing literally nothing- didn’t even ride lol! Going to hack tonight.
Saturday turned into unplanned car shopping, then spent yesterday cleaning my little corsa so I can try and get it sold. It took a while... New car will be fit to tow (eeeek!!) so I’ll need to learn to tow now also. So might be able to go on mid-week adventures during winter, when OH is working ?

DirectorFury

Visit site
I don’t know if Monday still counts but I’m posting the pictures anyway :p.
We went down to the beach tonight so OH could film and I could see how she’s moving. It was very exciting apparently! Please ignore my awful riding, I appear to be incapable of sitting on my ass and actually sitting up :rolleyes:.

(yes this is an actual canter stride, not a rear or anything dramatic. And I wonder why the canter always feels so wild!)
0FE79CEC-9E36-4577-A107-EE18422B6441.jpegF1EB48A6-219E-43BA-91D0-447F5309505F.jpeg

Accidental Eventer

Visit site
Welcome to dressage addiction- once you start that slippery slope of realising there is always a bit more, another step etc you've had it basically

Dressage is ok, but it's always better when you know there are jumps to jump after! I enjoy the dressage journey but I am relived that I can go and jump jumps and feel like I know kinda what I am doing! :p

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
Late to the thread!

We finally went hacking with mum and Topaz, no pictures as the naughty carriage horse duo were a bit fresh at being back together lol!

Then a lesson yesterday, last time we worked on me controlling the number of strides between a fence:

This time we tried getting her to slow herself down using canter poles. Not entirely successful as I still needed to input or she still just ran, but she did try very hard for me!

104233610_1335614253291098_617011815356260942_n.jpg

Out take of supermanning the end poles that had been put there to give her something to focus on, which she did, but just in a nope not putting my feet in that sort of a way ?.
104217843_1335614269957763_3735688156687946767_n.jpg

ihatework

Visit site
Out of interest HP, what’s the deal with the V’s under the front rail and to the back rail? In all my time I’ve not seen it done that way and I’m just musing what I think!

TheMule

Visit site
Out of interest HP, what’s the deal with the V’s under the front rail and to the back rail? In all my time I’ve not seen it done that way and I’m just musing what I think!

It's giving me nightmares- I can’t imagine the point and I shudder to think what would happen if the horse hit the front rail?
Sorry, that’s not a criticism of you HP!

ihatework

Visit site
It's giving me nightmares- I can’t imagine the point and I shudder to think what would happen if the horse hit the front rail?
Sorry, that’s not a criticism of you HP!

Me too, but I was wondering if I had missed something.

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
They are there to help her make a better shape over the fence, she's very careful and being set up by the poles so very unlikely to take a front pole out.