Weekend plans!

Chippers1

Visit site
Brilliant! Buzz had a look at some of the judge's cars too, think he had to remind himself what they were!
A lot of people got caught out on the brush fence after the sheep feeders, when I was walking the course I got to that jump just as the owner of Eland was cutting it and he said he was doing them 20cm higher than the course height, I always thought it was supposed to be 10cm over?! He said that the horses should brush though, i said he had to tell the horses that ?

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
V envious of you peeps who did xc today! Well done all ?

I'm pleased to say that B Fuzzy settled enough at polework to canter raised poles in a line, canter a myriad of shapes of poles down centre line, trot 10m circles over double pole layouts, shes really coming on (tho we did have a little excited leap near the beginning as she thought we might be jumping lol)

GinaGeo

Visit site
It’s been a busy damp one today!

Baby Podrick wobbled around his first Online Dressage Test this morning, there’s plenty to work on and I might have another go with him next week if I get chance. But everything happened where it was supposed to happen.

I’m slightly alarmed at how huge he looks in this picture. But he doesn’t ride very big and I am 5ft 6. He’s turned into a quite a compact chunk. If he carries on much more he’s going to be a bit much horse for me!

64C35801-F581-45C7-921B-5C400C1713C9.jpeg

Solo went happy hacking with his small ginger minion, who he allows to come along so he has somebody to order around.

B3A0AECC-0009-4A42-A931-733686EB8AE1.jpeg

And then this evening I relented. My partner has expressed an interest in learning to ride, he’s come to the conclusion the only way he’s sees me is by helping out at the yard. He’s been very helpful but is getting a little fed up of following me round from the ground. So after a little head scratching I tacked up the most responsible pony I’ve got. Mickey the legend of a Connemara. All 14.3hh hands of him. Alex is 6ft. What could possibly go wrong?

29B91805-954F-4EFC-A316-DAF6053B3D41.jpg

He did very well and now I think he’s eying Pod up for himself. Please send help ??

Chippers1

Visit site
Oo I forgot to add to my post, this is the first event he's done since going barefoot and he coped really well! Didn't even notice the stonier parts (especially the jump warm up which is the only part of Eland I'm not a fan of). It's been almost 8 weeks so not a long time at all, I'm so pleased with his progress.

Sheep

Visit site
Decided to loose jump C for the first time today, firstly because the weather was crap and secondly because we thought he needed a reminder that his job should involve popping a fence every now and again! He was super, once he figured out what he was meant to do he worked really hard. Clever boy ?DEBBF6FF-0070-4683-8AA2-31F50D3FE81D.jpeg

Accidental Eventer

Visit site
We had a great day out yesterday! First off we had a show jumping lesson. I was convinced we were going to get wet, it bucketed down the whole drive there but then it stopped and didn't start again until we were just about done.

Great time show jumping, I just needed to get a bit faster with my reactions, it's a work in progress. Henry did a super job. Right after we headed out onto the cross country course and Henry proceeded to be the most amazing horse I have ever ridden XC. Everything was so easy, he felt amazing and all II had to do was support him to each jump. We jumped some decent size fences and he nearly pinged me off. So incredibly proud of him, and I can't wait to go out eventing in a few weeks! I need to use my right leg better next time to stop the drift, but he makes this jump look tiny. It's not I swear!
ABBD2663-6EAA-4C4C-B225-398CCE04D956.jpg

Roxylola

Visit site
That's a fab pic accidental eventer, he looks super. Loving all these jumping pics, I'm 100% subscribed to the Dolly fanclub as well, she always looks so rideable.
Supercob was a bit tight at the start of the session today, but once we worked in and the instructor started my torture (franklin balls) he relaxed and got a bit more forward. Had some lovely work by the end. I'll hopefully get to the next one too
received_772386066901747.jpeg

oldie48

Visit site
Supercob was a bit tight at the start of the session today, but once we worked in and the instructor started my torture (franklin balls) he relaxed and got a bit more forward. Had some lovely work by the end. I'll hopefully get to the next one too
View attachment 50759
I love my Franklin balls, great for releasing tension in muscles on or off the horse!

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Izzy had a jumping lesson on Toby. Veering between proud at how well they went :cool:and depressed that my daughters now both ride much better than me :oops: #fifty andoverthehill

I'll post pics when my phone re-charges.

oldie48

Visit site
Izzy had a jumping lesson on Toby. Veering between proud at how well they went :cool:and depressed that my daughters now both ride much better than me :oops: #fifty andoverthehill

I'll post pics when my phone re-charges.
My daughter has always ridden better than me, she's cleverer than me, kinder than me, taller than me, prettier than me, more hard working and focused, more popular than me. I take huge comfort in having been a good brood mare and at least, second time around, choosing the right stallion! #70+ and still glad to be here. Be very proud of them!

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
My weekend was not exactly to plan. Friday it lashed it down just when I was gong to ride, so she had the day off. Saturday I nipped out between showers and we had a FAB schooling session so big smiles all round.

During the day today we went to look at a car, not a successful trip.

This evening, it was so windy but I was still going to ride. But then, as I fetch her in, I think the varying pressures got to me and I was a bit woozy. Mr Red felt it too. It was really weird, warm but blustery, a bit of rain.

So not much achieved. But then, the mare was brilliant all weekend and we did both enjoy the schooling that we did. In a jump saddle, working on adjustability and flexibility in canter, with a stack of counter canter. What's not to like?

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
My daughter has always ridden better than me, she's cleverer than me, kinder than me, taller than me, prettier than me, more hard working and focused, more popular than me. I take huge comfort in having been a good brood mare and at least, second time around, choosing the right stallion! #70+ and still glad to be here. Be very proud of them!

:D:D:D

Love this! I definitely work harder than them but everything else is true!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Took Darcy to arena hire ?
Hasn't been sat on since last Saturday as I've been crocked, it was blowing a gale and all kinds of noisy things going on. He didn't put a foot wrong, clever clogs. Started working towards some lengthened trot strides and did a bit more of his learning about half pass. When he was tired at the end I popped some spurs on,its the right time now to add a bit of finesse ?

Got home feeling pretty good... then bent over while carrying a water bucket to wash his legs and *twang*
Back to square one ?20200628_170337_compress53.jpg

TheSpottyCobby

Visit site
Had lots of fun this weekend, firstly a pole work clinic on Saturday working on turns which was really beneficial, finishing off with some flying change exercises which Gambit was only too happy to oblige with!
Yesterday we had an XC lesson - haven't been on the course since last September, and I was so pleased by his confidence - we haven't done much XC together at all as I am a wimp but he was really keen and locking on to the jumps. Had a few airs above the ground and squeals as he was enjoying himself so much :oops:
Sadly no pictures but it was lovely to have a bit of normality. So lucky to have so much on site at home for us to do, itching to get out now though

oldie48

Visit site
Rose has been very busy again. She had Thursday off, a schooling session with a bit of pole work on Friday, then on Saturday I went for a RC clinic. It didn't go very well as Rose felt very flat and the trainer was completely new to us and tbh we didn't get much out of the session. Not the trainer's fault, Rose had just come into season, we'd had a very enjoyable Friday evening eating out in the garden (suitably distanced) with a couple of neighbours, I drank a bit too much much to sleep well so felt a bit below par and it was still quite hot and humid as I missed the stormy part of the morning. Rose was totally behind the leg and I got a bit frustrated. Sunday I hacked out and Rose was feeling much brighter. Today I took her to AMD for a lesson with Justine Sole but went early for a photo shoot (will post pics when I have them). Rose was totally unfazed by the lights etc and stood like a donkey with her ears back refusing to be look like the diva that she is. Eventually we got her to show a bit of interest in life by twirling a whisk broom around and shaking a tin. Honestly don't work with children or animals unless you have the patience of a saint! The lesson, however, went very well. Using lots of transitions and making her nice and round and soft in her neck before asking her to go forward works with Rose, it's no good just giving her a pony club kick or a tap with the whip, she just continues to block. I feel we are pretty much back to where we were before lockdown. I just lack some general fitness!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Oooh excited to see pics. I want some of my gang but there hasn't been a month without a bloody bill lately so no funds :p

oldie48

Visit site
Oooh excited to see pics. I want some of my gang but there hasn't been a month without a bloody bill lately so no funds :p
Just posted in Tack room. Rose was not the easiest subject and being so dark the lighting had to be just right, have a look and see what you think. Justine takes some really lovely photos but she does need a bit of cooperation from the horse! Rachael ended up running around with a broom trying to get Rose just a bit animated, she's such a funny mare, if I had been riding her she'd have been on high alert!

Bernster

Visit site
Loving the updates. Toby looks great, he has a nice style and once he’s found his feet he’ll be flying! Mine at 5yo was all over the place with poles but soon got the hang of it. Toby is already way better than Finn was at that age!

MP sorry about that, has your back gone? But Darcy looks super shiny.

I’m a bit frustrated as it’s taking a while to get back into riding for me. 2020 has been a bit pants although, on the plus side, Finn is all good (per vet check) despite physio proclaiming him lame. Just (!) needs a new saddle which is taking a while to sort out. Can’t wait to get out and about altough, the way things are going, I’m thinking that’ll be the start of hunt season! Horses eh.