Weekend plans!

j1ffy

Visit site
I'm a bit late to the party this week! Toby looks lovely, I think you've got a little gem there AE. Rara - love your new 3yo! Is the other one also new? MP - great to hear Darcy is going so well but sorry about your back :(

We had a quiet weekend of hacking, but we did make full use of the rare 20x60 setup at my yard last week even in the 30+ degree heat! We ran through some Novice test elements and had a go at N37 (sadly I couldn't find anyone to film us), which went a lot better than I expected given his current level of training and fitness. I'm looking forward to getting out and about again now, will likely be August as I need to get my lorry serviced and MOT'ed.

First lesson since pre-lockdown this evening, can't wait :D

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
MP sorry about that, has your back gone? But Darcy looks super shiny.

I’m a bit frustrated as it’s taking a while to get back into riding for me. 2020 has been a bit pants although, on the plus side, Finn is all good (per vet check) despite physio proclaiming him lame. Just (!) needs a new saddle which is taking a while to sort out. Can’t wait to get out and about altough, the way things are going, I’m thinking that’ll be the start of hunt season! Horses eh.

yeah bust it last tuesday picking up a dropping and was suddenly unable to stand up again :p The re-twanging has settled fast though so hopefully be back to normal soon.
2020 has been properly pants, not just a bit!

arena hire this afternoon to make a start with learning the Inter 2 test (dummed down for us!) forecast looks crap, oh goody!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
...aaaaand it stayed dry! we did hack round the Inter 2, it's going to be a big learning curve ;) but I can imagine that we will be able to pull off the canter work with a lot of effort and the main trot bits are OK, just got to get her motivated for the piaffe/passage bits o_O:eek:o_O:eek:o_O at least if we can get the rest nailed while that is still a work in progress we will be ahead of ourselves when the time comes ;)

rosiesowner

Visit site
I hope that everyone enjoyed their weekend! Seemed to be a large variation of weather around the country...
Forgot to post yesterday, took a friend's horse xc for a bit of fun while Chilli is still off and really enjoyed it. She's a great horse and I'm really enjoying riding her.
Vid and some pics below:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
106638334_1567951720031136_4779322014540222534_o.jpg

106660052_1567951990031109_5976734145929341764_o.jpg

Chilli's leg is making amazing progress. Very pleased and hoping it won't be too long before she can get out in the field. She goes out for walks and to graze in hand but it's just not the same is it...

From the 13th of June to today:
106977861_1569116533247988_4081146374363089784_o.jpg

Pippity

Visit site
Squeezing into the end of the weekend...! I spent today turning Blue from this:

1593637171575.png

to this:

1593637266640.png

I like to think it was the matchy-matchy and haircut that turned her into a pocket rocket for our lesson, but I suspect it's more likely due to being shod all-round, rather than just in front. We actually managed to moderate her turbo-trot to something a bit more elegant.

j1ffy

Visit site
Rose has been very busy again. She had Thursday off, a schooling session with a bit of pole work on Friday, then on Saturday I went for a RC clinic. It didn't go very well as Rose felt very flat and the trainer was completely new to us and tbh we didn't get much out of the session. Not the trainer's fault, Rose had just come into season, we'd had a very enjoyable Friday evening eating out in the garden (suitably distanced) with a couple of neighbours, I drank a bit too much much to sleep well so felt a bit below par and it was still quite hot and humid as I missed the stormy part of the morning. Rose was totally behind the leg and I got a bit frustrated. Sunday I hacked out and Rose was feeling much brighter. Today I took her to AMD for a lesson with Justine Sole but went early for a photo shoot (will post pics when I have them). Rose was totally unfazed by the lights etc and stood like a donkey with her ears back refusing to be look like the diva that she is. Eventually we got her to show a bit of interest in life by twirling a whisk broom around and shaking a tin. Honestly don't work with children or animals unless you have the patience of a saint! The lesson, however, went very well. Using lots of transitions and making her nice and round and soft in her neck before asking her to go forward works with Rose, it's no good just giving her a pony club kick or a tap with the whip, she just continues to block. I feel we are pretty much back to where we were before lockdown. I just lack some general fitness!

I saw the pics yesterday on Justine's instagram - they are stunning!! Definitely worth faffing around for :D