Weekend Plans

Lillian_paddington

Visit site
Some very gorgeous horses out and about this weekend, well done everyone so far! My horsey in rehab is not quite ready for jumping yet but I have an excellent replacement so will be doing the 80 and 90 at parwood. It’s her second time out showjumping as far as anyone knows but she’s hunted quite a bit and is very, very confident. Last time I took her out we had no brakes during the second round so she’s earned herself a bit change, I have my doubts as to whether it’ll make a difference but I can live in hope!

DressageCob

Visit site
Had a lovely time round llany ? two poles downbut a super clear in the time XC ???

View attachment 54959
View attachment 54961
View attachment 54962

Bloody well done. That’s just what you needed! I bet you’re super chuffed with that.

The canter photo at the bottom is. Just beautiful. She looks so uphill and powerful, you look smiley and the sun is shining.

This is going to sound cheesy as hell since I don’t know you, but I’m so proud of you for battling through the nerves and achieving that clear round XC. And it looks like you actually enjoyed it too.

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
Bloody well done. That’s just what you needed! I bet you’re super chuffed with that.

The canter photo at the bottom is. Just beautiful. She looks so uphill and powerful, you look smiley and the sun is shining.

This is going to sound cheesy as hell since I don’t know you, but I’m so proud of you for battling through the nerves and achieving that clear round XC. And it looks like you actually enjoyed it too.

Not cheesy and totally accurate, the love and fun came back today! Needed super positive riding to undo the confidence spiral we were in but omg I’m so chuffed!!!!

oldie48

Visit site
So pleased! My equi-pilates trainer tried Rose today as her own horse is currently off work. She loved her and rode her very nicely. She's happy to have regular lessons with my trainer at AM dressage and she'll do some ridden rider biomechanics with me so I don't get too stiff and rusty. I can continue hacking Rose and doing short bursts of schooling when I can but she'll also get ridden and competed for me so she'll be in proper work. It feels like a good solution to my current problem so feeling very positive!

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Had a hectic morning yesterday at arena hire. Only half an hour in the huge arena at Merrist but by gum, we worked v hard. Both came out dripping, but I was pleased at how she coped indoors and how the usual fences were despatched, she definitely prefers the sj tho.

Today we went to our 1st ever SJ comp at an adjacent RC at their festival weekend (yesterday was stressage all day). B flew herself round despite inadequate jockey vainly telling her that the timing only started after fence 8.... Ended up with 2 x dc, winning the 60 championship class (not just a rosette but a bottle of prosecco and a sash! ?? ) and winning the 70 non champ class. Was entered in the 70 champ too, but called it a day as she had gone so well in the last class. V v pleased with how she went ?

Pippity

Visit site
I took Blue out to our local riding club show today - just for the in-hand cob class to get her used to going out and seeing things. We came third out of three, and it took ninety minutes to get her on the box to come home so on paper it wasn't very successful, but she behaved so well that I'm thrilled. She was chilled out while we waited to go in our ring, she behaved perfectly on the go-round and in her individual show, and I absolutely couldn't have asked for more from her. She even stood still while her rosette flapped around her eye!

1600014187526.png

SaddlePsych'D

Visit site
Sounds like lots of good weekends, and in such fab weather too!

HP those pics are so great!

Today we went to our 1st ever SJ comp at an adjacent RC at their festival weekend (yesterday was stressage all day). B flew herself round despite inadequate jockey vainly telling her that the timing only started after fence 8.... Ended up with 2 x dc, winning the 60 championship class (not just a rosette but a bottle of prosecco and a sash! ?? ) and winning the 70 non champ class. Was entered in the 70 champ too, but called it a day as she had gone so well in the last class. V v pleased with how she went ?

Well done TFF - I wonder if we are in a similar part of the world as RC near where share horse is was having a festival this weekend. Is prosecco normally a prize in comps, cos if it is maybe I could get into something competitive after all :D

No competition based prowess for me but I had a great lesson on Friday at the RS - working on flexing and transitions within trot (vids to follow when I can work out how to edit them). And to a fabulous hack out with share horse. I took on board the tips from the 'wobbly moments' thread and headed out with the mindset of 'I'm leaving my nerves behind me today' and channelling 'can do' vibes! We had some horsey company as well which was great. Beautiful riding through the woods, having a lovely chat together with his owner.

We faced a couple of challenges (prime potential wobbly moments!) - first a Harley Davidson behind us, then later a group of off road bikes. It was like I just clicked into the right gear of 'walk on, we're okay' and being able to be the brave one share horse (and to be fair most horses in that situation I think) needed me to be! Having his owner there with us on foot to direct the bikes to hold back was a huge help and we got through just fine.

I feel a bit unsure about sharing pics of share horse too much as he's not mine, but I am just so so excited to share with you this pic - my smile!

1600016318639.png

humblepie

Visit site
Ventured out to one BD test at arena in hacking distance. Had gone back a level to concentrate on my riding. Concentrating so hard went wrong and trotted too early at another point so pleased for a solid points scoring result which I think is our area festival qualification. Didn’t plait so horse just thought he’d been for a hack with a dressage test in the middle.

GinaGeo

Visit site
A childhood dream came a little bit closer to coming true yesterday jumping on the wonk on a Hunt Amble.

I’ve got some tightening up to do with getting my position tidier and more helpful for him but Mickey was an absolute legend.

Attachments

• 3242D289-3C45-4D08-82C1-B7D384D371A3.jpeg
    3242D289-3C45-4D08-82C1-B7D384D371A3.jpeg
    241.5 KB · Views: 22

scats

Visit site
Great days dressage. Millie was super, it felt like a really nice test and very correct. Not got my sheet yet but got 65.91% which was a little disappointing, but that’s dressage for you and it felt far better (and looked, as I have the video) than tests that we have for higher marks for so I’m not too concerned.

Some pics. I always finish tests looking like I’ve won the lottery haha!

Attachments

• 79772ABB-26A9-4991-892A-A08FB4DB2061.jpeg
    79772ABB-26A9-4991-892A-A08FB4DB2061.jpeg
    53.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 7B6AA37D-10E5-40AC-A077-E93D627619EA.jpeg
    7B6AA37D-10E5-40AC-A077-E93D627619EA.jpeg
    49 KB · Views: 13
  • 36B1985F-210A-479C-B078-62EB05000670.jpeg
    36B1985F-210A-479C-B078-62EB05000670.jpeg
    37.9 KB · Views: 13

SaddlePsych'D

Visit site
Great days dressage. Millie was super, it felt like a really nice test and very correct. Not got my sheet yet but got 65.91% which was a little disappointing, but that’s dressage for you and it felt far better (and looked, as I have the video) than tests that we have for higher marks for so I’m not too concerned.

Some pics. I always finish tests looking like I’ve won the lottery haha!

Ah love the smiley pic! Shame the score wasn't quite what you hoped but good to have the video to refer to and compare to your other tests. :)

scats

Visit site
Ah love the smiley pic! Shame the score wasn't quite what you hoped but good to have the video to refer to and compare to your other tests. :)

Thank you. What she lacks in natural athletic ability and expression (bless her), she makes you for in her huge personality and her good grace to humour my attempts at turning her into a little dressage horse.
We do compromise though! We’re off to a local chaser course on Thursday to have a blast and a play. She’s such a fabulous all-rounder.

TheHairyOne

Visit site
I love this thread every week. So nice to see so many lovely horses enjoying their jobs and riders enjoying them!

I did an arena hire today to see if my jumping at home can translate into jumping out. Took along my fab instructor and a couple of others.

The answer to my question is sort of. When its good its great, but I am still not committed enough when I am not sure. On the plus side I managed to ignore my brain going '**** to big' at least 70% of the time - and some of these were HUGE for me!! We utterly demolished one where I checked him when he was on for a long one and he listened then ran out of room, but fixed that and the rest was good.

Pics!!
IMG-20200913-WA0140.jpgIMG-20200913-WA0127.jpg
IMG-20200913-WA0143.jpgIMG-20200913-WA0057.jpgIMG-20200913-WA0133.jpg

And a bonus pic for anyone who thinks cobs cant jump!!

IMG-20200913-WA0119.jpg

Accidental Eventer

Visit site
We had a really wonderful weekend of dressage. I feel like I am slowly putting pieces of the dressage puzzle into place, each lesson is a revelation, and each test I do helps cement things in a bit more.

I learnt and solidified some good things at dressage club and was able to put them into practice in a couple of training tests the next day. My tests were consistent, though the novice felt better than the prelim and I feel like I have the warm up sussed out. Plus I think I have worked out how to manage Henry best in a competition environment, he was perfect all weekend! I also feel like I can see a clearer way forward for our development too.

Plus we did our first sideways in a test and it was horrible, so I am extra happy about that. Now to work out how not to get tense before I go in!Hen Dressgae Club Sept 2020.pngHen jumping Sept 2020.jpg