Weekend plans :)

racebuddy

Visit site
lucky you , its awful rain here and forcast bad tommorrow , dry on sunday i think , my boy getting treadmilled tommorrow and then areana hire eventing next week ,

humblepie

Visit site
Well done AccE, love the prizes and the sunshine. Good luck all out and about. I had pondered doing a late BD entry but never got around to it. Had a fab lesson earlier in week so will aim for a couple of nice long hacks over the weekend instead.

J&S

Visit site
I can't get my riding hat on! Had a non horsey accident early this week, fainted and banged and cut my head badly. I am all colours of the rainbow and I tried my hat on this morning but was disappointed to find it just hurt too much. So off horsey games. Boohoo.

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
Pops back in, still glaring at all you lovely going-places people, well my hacking views are pretty good so :p

120999139_1430069263845596_7525701252321015729_n.jpg

121088135_1430069083845614_2004590330788342165_n.jpg

Roxylola

Visit site
Well I'm having a mini covid silk, my andy thomas follow up isnt going ahead with the increase locally and it being so hands on. Disappointing but we need our wizard fit and well so I'll let it slide. HP both your views and your weather look much better than ours currently. I'm also jealous of michens weather, I've had wet muddy dogs and ponies for a week at least

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
Well I'm having a mini covid silk, my andy thomas follow up isnt going ahead with the increase locally and it being so hands on. Disappointing but we need our wizard fit and well so I'll let it slide. HP both your views and your weather look much better than ours currently. I'm also jealous of michens weather, I've had wet muddy dogs and ponies for a week at least

We've had never-ending rain mixed with brief periods of scattered showers, we timed our hack well last night!

oh bummer roxy, that's disappointing. but understandable.
More sulky faces, anyone?

RIP-grumpy-cat-1024x512.jpg

1f602.png

Ambers Echo

Visit site
I'm a weekend behind!! Work has gone mega crazy which is good but gets in the way of horse fun. Last weekend Katie and Dolly DID qualify for NSEA Champs in the 90/95cm SJ team event which is fab. And this weekend we are lessoning. Dressage today and jumping on Sunday for Katie. Ingestre today for me and a jumping lesson on Tobes on Sunday. He has really woken up in the past couple of weeks! He was a little backwards thinking initially. But he is really onward bound now. And he has suddenly really taken to jumping. He locks on and then takes me to the fence. Up till now he has had a tendecy to back of slightly if anything. But he is really fresh and keen now. I'm having a lot of fun.

BronsonNutter

Visit site
Have a lovely weekend all!
Taking the giant baby ex-racer out for her first prelim stressage test - unfortunately it's at the RC area qualifiers. I did warn the RC committee that we can't really turn left yet and we may or may not canter, depending on if I can get her to wake up!

Michen

Visit site
Lovely morning hunting with Bear. He hasn’t been for a month so expected some silly behaviour but he was great! So tempted to get him doing some jumping but need to teach him a bit in school first.

Then came home to find the cat had left me a chewed up mouse on my bed- lovely!!

4CB0D4F9-D6A8-4799-95A7-C8CD8247D61A.jpeg72190872-F5E2-4A7F-8F9D-66964076794B.jpeg

scats

Visit site
Just home from my lesson. Millie was amazing, as always. My trainer really pushed us today and we were doing leg yielding in trot and canter and trying to get me a bit more accurate with my turns onto centre line and 3/4 line. We have a small school at home and I’ve got so used to riding that that I struggle to work in a standard 40 x 20. I didn’t realise quite how much until today!
Millie is insanely quick to learn and is by far the more talented out of the pair of us. I really haven’t given her the credit she deserves and as a result I have allowed her to sort of coast along at home and not asked all that much. Or I’ve asked, got a bit and given her a pat and not expected more.
Turns out that when you ask her and mean it, she steps up! So we’ve got some stuff to work on, we need to increase our school time to 3 times a week rather than 2 and start asking for more of the elementary work regularly at home, rather than coasting along doing Prelim/Novice stuff, which she tends to just switch off at.
Pony is now enjoying a couple of extra hours out in the field and I’m at home with a coffee!

Ambers Echo

Visit site
Well I fell off Toby! I was riding bareback to improve my seat, and without reins as I over rely on them and I want him to be able to move up and down the gaits without reins. Indoor school - limited space, staying in walk. What could go wrong? :rolleyes:

Well he was doing quite well with starting and stopping so I started focusing on steering - I tried to get him to circle round a pole on the ground. He was not listening to my outside leg as I was trying to turn his shoulder so I gave him a sharper kick which happened to exactly co-incide with a massive crashing noise as something was blown against the outside of the large metal wall of the indoor by the wind. I think he thought the noise was part of the cue as he SHOT sideways at speed away from my leg and I hit the deck. Landing right on my bum (Are we allowed to say bum??) Oh dear. The disadvantage of practicing homework on a 5 year old.

Going to the cinema tonight so might need to sit on an ice-pack.... I think my jumping lesson tomorow will be predominantly in light seat :p

Last edited:

SpottyTB

Visit site
Ouch Ambers Echo!!!! That sounds sore, massive respect to you for even trying that... i couldn't - he'd be blooming gone!!!

Nothing on for us this weekend, just hacking with a bit of schooling in prep for next weekends dressage. I did clip him today too, oh i hate that job...

Bernster

Visit site
Oh dear AE hope derrière not too sore.

First hack on the new girl today. A quick trip round the woods. She found the motorway bridge a bit scary but managed to contain herself there and back. It’s easy to forget how things are for newbies as she may never have done a road bridge before. It is pretty bonkers as it’s over the m25 but it’s a wide road and only a short stretch, then you’re off road. She was very good though. Had a big sigh and a poo as we got back to the yard gate, bless her. She’s generally very chilled though so I think she’ll settle pretty quick.

Roxylola

Visit site
Oof AE, that's not good. Hope you are not too sore.
Yay for good lessons and nice hacks though guys.
My owner fell off but otherwise it went ok, she enjoyed him and took plenty away from it all.
Shortstuff, was it all at warp speed or was there a lot of bouncing up and down?

shortstuff99

Currently Cambridgeshire! (or where ever I fancy)!
Visit site
Oof AE, that's not good. Hope you are not too sore.
Yay for good lessons and nice hacks though guys.
My owner fell off but otherwise it went ok, she enjoyed him and took plenty away from it all.
Shortstuff, was it all at warp speed or was there a lot of bouncing up and down?
She likes to fling her legs around which make her look more mental then she is, and her natural rhythm is unfortunately on the quicker side. She used to be quite bad for going up and down and now we actually get forwards which I will take over that! Generally I was quite pleased with her as she has been very hot recently. Who doesn't love an unconventional dressage horse ?

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
She likes to fling her legs around which make her look more mental then she is, and her natural rhythm is unfortunately on the quicker side. She used to be quite bad for going up and down and now we actually get forwards which I will take over that! Generally I was quite pleased with her as she has been very hot recently. Who doesn't love an unconventional dressage horse ?

She sounds like Skylla ??, we got lots of ‘passage not required’ in our first prelims ?. I am positive they end up being the best ones though right??

Ouch AE hope your bums ok ?.

I’m still slightly sulky, though the downturn in weather has soothed my ruffled feathers somewhat.

Also ride both ponies last night and Topaz is almost on the cusp of aid-change being spot on so the tempi’s are becoming so much easier! Even attempted twos ?.

Skylla bounced over some jumps and I only nearly fell off once ?. Very pleased with this, I’m saying it’s a meter! Slowly getting there with the confidence ?.
102B4E46-D893-4B51-A6C6-0CE790DAFCBB.jpeg

shortstuff99

Currently Cambridgeshire! (or where ever I fancy)!
Visit site
She sounds like Skylla ??, we got lots of ‘passage not required’ in our first prelims ?. I am positive they end up being the best ones though right??

Ouch AE hope your bums ok ?.

I’m still slightly sulky, though the downturn in weather has soothed my ruffled feathers somewhat.

Also ride both ponies last night and Topaz is almost on the cusp of aid-change being spot on so the tempi’s are becoming so much easier! Even attempted twos ?.

Skylla bounced over some jumps and I only nearly fell off once ?. Very pleased with this, I’m saying it’s a meter! Slowly getting there with the confidence ?.
View attachment 56767
They totally are the best ones! Well done, even if you are stuck at home :(