Weekend Plans :)

Chippers1

Visit site
I'm at Eland for the hunter trial on Sun. Doing the 70cm and just aiming for a clear. Despite going to Eland many times I realised I've actually only done the 70cm hunter trial 3 times previously (twice in 2019 then last month!) and never gone clear so just aiming for that really :)

humblepie

Visit site
Competed at Barbury Horse Trials yesterday so am now an event rider as have rosettes that say Barbury Horse Trials on them. No, not really suddenly become brave event riding person - those days are long gone. They had RoR showing classes there this year and we went up for those. Was lovely as such a beautiful setting.
Have fun all those who are out and about or just at home.

humblepie

Visit site
Working Saturday but will hack the horses out. Was tempted to pop to local chaser course on Sunday for a play, but the horse flies are so bad there that I feel we would be eaten alive. Can’t wait til the things die off!

We got savaged by horse flies last week out hacking - hadn't really come across many and then suddenly this particular field it was horrid.

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
I had a fabulous session with Mark Phillips on Wednesday on bay horse. I have taken away a lot. Particularly about the hands, lighter seat and turning. He is a stickler for detail and it was just an amazing opportunity. I could have actually cried when I was told that a line I rode was 'magic'. I could really do with his help on the other horse. I purposely took the easy one to the clinic as not fair to derail others session with a horse I know to be tricky, but would jump at the chance for his input on the tricky one.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I have put so much time into the grey (weeks and weeks) of disciplined schooling that its finally getting there. I can now jump off just doing one circle before a fence if she hollows and goes against the hand whereas 5 weeks ago it was endless circles and halts. Her footwork is better and on the whole so is her rideability. Just a bit more to go in and she might be able to go competing in a few weeks. Its been a painful process but has made me a lot more disciplined in the way I train. With modern xc she cannot just set her neck and go, she cannot overjump and she must turn within one or two strides. I think she will always be one who needs to do a lot of this otherwise gets wilder and wilder. Tomorrow she goes to see my Sj coach so will be interesting to see what I have.

blood_magik

Visit site
Blue and Raz had a lesson with lovely trainer this morning.

Interestingly, both started off feeling very stuck one way so test riding went out the window and we spent most of both sessions moving in and out of SI, travers, leg yield, half pass etc until I could move the shoulders, ribs, quarters easily.

Finished Blue’s lesson off by introducing simple changes as they are the main thing keeping us from attempting an elementary. He’s entered to do E53 in a few weeks so no pressure ?

Raz didn’t need quite as much suppling work so he finished by running through M75 twice. I need to be 2-3 steps ahead to make sure I have the next movement prepared otherwise things start to unravel quite quickly ?‍♀️

Thinking of attempting AM towards the end of august/beginning of September so we’ll reintroduce changes once I get M75 out of the way next weekend.

Henry has a massive haematoma on his right hind fetlock from being kicked in the field so he’s off at the moment. Hopefully won’t be long until I can get back on board. ??

hope everyone has a good weekend ☺️

scats

Visit site
Had a new quiet road hacking route opened up to us, which I wasn’t expecting. Difficult to explain but our yard backs on to a quiet residential estate. The lane we drive down to our yard is separate to this, and off the busy main road, which is the reason we rarely venture further than our lane. We do also have access through a gate at the bottom of the residential estate, but we have always kept this locked, as we use the paddock in front of it for grazing. YO has decided to open this gate during the day and use the paddock at night only, as a couple of residents have started parking in front of this gateway and she is worried about losing access (it’s an access right of way to our yard) so she had a chat to the residents today and it’s been agreed that the gate will now be open during the daytime and access is needed during daytime hours. So we now have access straight from the yard to hack around the residential estate, which includes a decent loop back round, or we can carry on up to the very top, do a 20metre stretch of a road that takes us back to our main lane. We can avoid the actual main road due to having a six foot path we can cross straight back to our lane. That probably makes no sense as it’s a very unusual set up, but essentially we’ve got ourselves a few miles extra quiet road hacking.
It’s also perfect for a couple of the liveries to use to get to the yard as it saves them having to try and get onto the main road for the 5 metre drive to the lane. So we are road hacking this weekend now.

MrsCentaur

Visit site
We’re off to PONY CAMP FOR ADULTS.? I’ve bought a coffee machine for my tent and cancelled ALL of my Monday meetings in case I’m too concussed to focus on them. ???

In all seriousness, my goal for this weekend is for the both of us to have a lovely time and to come away having learned something new and grown as a partnership. I’m ready to sit out of anything that he finds too worrisome and I’d much rather that we develop him slowly rather than rush into things and risk an unhappy pony or an accident for either of us. Am hopeful that we are going to have rather a lot of fun though!

smiggy

Visit site
Taking baby pony to first clinic on Sunday, don’t think she has been in an indoor and we haven’t been over a pole together but what could go wrong ?
first dressage next week in an indoor so will be good outing
though I am slightly terrified ??

ownedbyaconnie

Visit site
I have finally bought a horse/dog sensible 4x4 so was all excited to go to the feed shop and stock up on bedding/feed and have them pack it in a suitable car rather than a mini/fiat 500 but I’ve just realised ive used up all my barn storage on hay ☹️

Instead I think I will clean my tack and the pony’s mane could do with a tidy up.

Tried to convince oh to come to barbury with me today but he wasn’t convinced I would be comfy which is probably true. I can barely walk 10 mins atm. H&c tv instead then!

Jeni the dragon

Visit site
Working again this weekend but was supposed to be heading down to Upton with Bob on Wednesday but in typical Bob fashion he's pulled a sick note! Hasn't been quite right since Bicton and wasn't improving so off to the horspital on Thursday to find a hairline fracture of the cannon bone! So an easy two months on the walker and being hand grazed and then back to scan again but that's the season done!
It could be worse, so fingers crossed for a speedy recovery!

KEK

Visit site
Went for a ride this morning, friend rode pony whom I had warned might be fresh and I rode 20yo standy - joke was on me, she tanked off, nearly had me off with a whole body shake and dropped to the ground to roll. Meanwhile he was hoof perfect and had his 1st gallop.
Picking up OHs new horse tomorrow!

Ambers Echo

Visit site
Ouch, hope Bob is ok. Loads of healing vibes.

Weekend started badly with Scarlett's failed vetting but the loan continues so I shall enjoy her for this summer anyway, before making longer term decisions. Luckily the issues don't stop her being perfectly ok to ride for now.

Today was a fantastic day at U18s BE90 team training for Katie and Dolly. I am so proud of them. Neither had ever done a BE90 - or even an unaff 90 - before this season. Her only 3 90 runs have been the 3 U18s qualifiers and she did them with a bust collar bone! So to be in the team is amazing even if only as a reserve rider.

She started the day feeling slightly disappointed she was a reserve and unlikely to ride. But ended it totally overwhelmed, and terrified she might actually have to!! Everyone seemed to know each other and to know what to do so we felt a bit out of it but I guess everyone has to be a newbie at some stage. The team talk made it clear this would be a tough test. The XC is very hilly and 6 mins 20 long which is a good 90 seconds longer than normal. So fitness is going to be key. They said they wanted the horses very fit and very lean! So Dolly's diet will stay strict for now.

Today was Katie's first time riding a dressage test in a 20X60 too which took some getting used to.

I think next year is plenty soon enough to actually compete but the experience of being part of it this year is invaluable. Then the hard work needs to start again for next year's qualifiers.

Clip of their day

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Roxylola

Visit site
Clipped (again) I did contemplate a bareback schooling session in walk (before clipping) but the weather was threatening rain and there's an ominous rattle from his front feet so he can holiday til Tuesday
He was quite appalled at clipping. I'm hoping he's forgotten by the time I come to ride Screenshot_20210710-180717_Gallery.jpg

Sheep

Visit site
Team HHO…. I am an eventer!!!!

Today I did my first ever ODE and it was blimmin great!
A local aff event ran an 80 class which is relatively unusual here unfortunately so with a bit of peer pressure / gentle persuasion I entered.
Really happy with sub 30 dressage and clear (but not stylish) sj.
To be very frank I was really scared of the xc - we have been out schooling etc but the fences were up to height and I didn’t get much sleep last night. I was most concerned about the water (x2), the ditch and the steps, which were steep and approached down quite a steep hill.
Anyway. We ended up with 2 stops but honestly I am delighted. Horse was such a star (except for when he wasn’t!) and really carried me round. He has matured so much in the last 18 months and is starting to feel really with it! The first stop was at the steps - I don’t blame him because they were grim! The second was at the first part of a little combination of a narrow birch, followed by a step up, and 2 steps down. At that fence I honestly just took the foot off the pedal a bit and didn’t set him up well. After that I thought “we are NOT getting eliminated!!!” and remembered to ride until the end!
super horse and very happy jockey!
046C129A-B5A9-42EC-86C6-557623D55789.jpeg6508117A-BCF0-4E15-95B8-15D3EC8EF197.jpeg736213B6-6EAF-4E15-BF9C-BB8B02ED32AF.jpeg6599A535-3078-41AA-AD80-8D2478ADC7C2.jpgFDDE4B8A-5F0D-4151-813D-2350CE060549.jpeg

Attachments

• 2A244873-2891-463D-B96C-3FD827335782.jpeg
    2A244873-2891-463D-B96C-3FD827335782.jpeg
    659 KB · Views: 2
  • B493AAC2-0030-47F2-8FF0-4ED035F79A6D.jpeg
    B493AAC2-0030-47F2-8FF0-4ED035F79A6D.jpeg
    273.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 2371CB58-286B-4793-84DC-2C14A8A56D1D.jpeg
    2371CB58-286B-4793-84DC-2C14A8A56D1D.jpeg
    249.9 KB · Views: 2
  • DC7B3F48-0D7E-4A78-B5DE-BC8B92AD8FE6.jpeg
    DC7B3F48-0D7E-4A78-B5DE-BC8B92AD8FE6.jpeg