Weekend Plans

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
What's everyone up to?

We had a good and exuberant tiny jump school yesterday, so we will just chill with a free lunge and handwalk today. Schooling tomorrow, hack on Sat, and likely a hike with OH and the dog on Sun. The yard will be busy since there's a jumping clinic (well above our current level ?) going on, so we'll stay outside. We may play with with smallest jump(s) on Mon or Tues though, since they're primarily cross country jumps, something new for him.

southerncomfort

Visit site
Happy to say that my neck xray was clear and my dizzy spells seem to be receding so I'm back riding!

We were out with our wonderful hacking buddies this morning. Great to be back in the saddle and Bo is very excited to out and about again.

Going to be having my annual pre Christmas panic about the state of the house this weekend and giving everything that doesn't move a lick of paint. Plus watching 'olympia' of course. May hack out on Sunday if I have time.

Have a great one everyone!

Sprat

Visit site
A relatively quiet one for us. We were supposed to compete last weekend but I had to cancel which I am still sulking over. Debating trying to fit in another comp within the next month or so before preggo belly gets too big to fit into my competition gear.

Probably some polework or a hack on Saturday and then off to see Super-Instructor on Sunday which I always look forward to. Aside from that, prepping for Christmas and finishing the rest of the shopping I imagine.

Sheep

Visit site
We’ve been busy this week, had physio out on Tuesday and saddles checked today.
After saddle checks I had a quick jump - I haven’t deliberately left the ground since September so I felt a bit jittery but he was super - just a little cross, an upright of about 85cm and a 90cm oxer. OH has a jump lesson on Sunday but hasn’t had a chance to ride this week, so wanted to make sure horse had popped a fence or 2 beforehand.

Lesson for me on Saturday, someone I haven’t trained with before but she does a lot of judging around these parts. Then, as above, OH away for jump lesson on Sunday! This is his 3rd lesson with this trainer, Joseph Murphy, so far he has been excellent and even as a bystander I’ve got a lot of out their sessions.

scats

Visit site
Working Friday and Saturday, but off Sunday (first day off in 14 days so much needed). Going to a friends tomorrow night for tea and meant to be going to a Christmas party at another friends Saturday night but there’s quite a few people going and I don’t want to risk catching anything and passing it on to my friends Nan who is very vulnerable and who I spend Christmas Eve and Boxing Day with.
I will fit riding in first thing in the mornings.

Chippers1

Visit site
Buzz still off games, has the vet next week. In the meantime i've been feeding him some aloe vera and our yard owner's daughter was around this week (she's an equine vet) and she gave me a faecal test to do which came back negative. He's looking a lot better since being fed the aloe vera though, much perkier, lets me touch his belly and girth area without even moving, strides out walking next to me (instead of being dragged along like he had been!) and even his fat belly looks like it's not as bloated. Hoping he feels better soon.

Michen

Visit site
I’m off to Africa next week (in theory, if I don’t catch covid beforehand which I’m desperately trying to avoid) for a month- so the boys are chubby and fluffy and heading off to be turfed out. Not sure how Bog will feel about it given he’s had a luxury stable since he left Ireland 4 years ago- and rather likes it!

So last ride on Sat then off they go

CAF0CB18-F8F2-4856-8E13-43DE825EE93A.jpeg

SEL

Visit site
Trying to stay out of the way of too many humans so I can hopefully see the parents at Xmas without that dreaded line popping up on the lateral flow test. We've got a plan B if everything gets cancelled in advance but if it all falls apart on Xmas morning then its beans on toast :rolleyes:

Santa bought us a new hedge trimmer for Xmas so hoping OH can get to grips with some of my backthorn in the paddocks tomorrow then taking shorty for a hack on Sunday. Planned to do a decent schooling session this morning but she was wheezing and coughing in trot - I'm hoping its just the most recent hay bale rather than anything serious because she is prone to allergies. A pre Xmas vet visit will be par for the course though!

Bernster

Visit site
Although a bit perturbed about covid for Xmas, I did go to the horse show yesterday. Did what we could to manage the risk (car journey, all tested beforehand, masks in the venue). It didn’t feel crowded, it was airy, and spacious so didn’t feel too bad actually. Outside was a bit sterile and lacking in atmosphere but I did like the wider spaces so less crowding. The events were good although I’m always a bit meh about the standing on horse’s backs one, and reckon there are lots of other interesting equine activities they could display rather than repeating that one.

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Dolly passed her vetting today and is being collected on Sunday. I am happy and heartbroken at the same time. Fizz and tears. On the plus side she sold immediately to an amazing family for the asking price. Which is a huge relief as I was beyond skint! Katie rode for the vet which she enjoyed - a nice long canter. But it is truly the end of an era and I cannot believe I am saying goodbye to the sweetest pony in the world. She is going to Devon too so we won't be seeing her around like we do Deedee, Toby and Jenny who all went to friends and who we still see all the time, and even go on camps with.

Happy new family, Dolly

269302891_4683497525063625_6735979095530476477_n.jpg

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
gently introducing life skills to 3yo tonight. Mane tidy and a grown up groom (as opposed to the standard *wave a brush at the feral horse* version he's had up to now)

Mum is in hospital atm as just had knee replacement. so will be propping dad up and keeping horses on low key maintenance this weekend. and keeping up with Olympia on the telly. BBC done good this year by the looks of it.

Angelic box resting 3yo.... long may the good behaviour last... i think he will need some sleepy paste before he can go out in the field again tho :p

267636155_5006076596070477_2516823324312227856_n.jpg

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
AE, its blooming hard with kids ponies when letting them go, so pleased that she's found a good home xx
MP, he is looking v grown up ?

I'm now pulling on my white breeches in the morning, friend was going to ride B but has succumbed badly to booster jab (has tested negative but quite unwell) so checked this afternoon that comp centre are ok to swap muggins owner in to ride as is unaff, as they dont refund. Need to check my blooming jacket still does up, cant find shiny std pedals so hoping black ones are ok?
Having done 2 x tests in early summer on grass at RC one evening, I thought I'd ticked the 2021 stressage box. Now apprehensive at performing at large comp centre with judges boxes etc, where I've only jumped once... whinge.... moan..... wishing it was jumping instead ?