What are your underrated 'must haves'?

Auslander

Visit site

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Wheel barrows - you can never have to many wheelbarrows. I have a hay one (doubles as a feed bucket one) a poo picking one. And about 3 spare ones just in case.

I need another wheelbarrow. I think you can't have enough poop scoops, I think I have 4 now o_O the proper ones with a rake not those useless stubbs things that can't pick up a proper horse dump :oops:

dorsetladette

Visit site
I need another wheelbarrow. I think you can't have enough poop scoops, I think I have 4 now o_O the proper ones with a rake not those useless stubbs things that can't pick up a proper horse dump :oops:

Thats made me think of something else - duct tape! I repaired the back of an old poop scoop at the weekend with it. I have a habit of putting my foot through the back of the bucket bit when they get brittle.

Mrs B

Visit site

Esmae

Visit site
Outside taps must be the non freezable sort. They are brilliant things. We have 2 of them. One on the yard and one in the field.

bubsqueaks

Visit site
wheelbarrow water carrier 80litres
hay hutch - can double as store for further away fields
hay saver
both above expensive but soon recoup outlay with no wasted hay

L&M

Visit site
I have a small/cheap rechargeable leaf blower and fab for blowing hay and shavings off the yard when I can't be bothered to sweep it (which is most days!!!)

Mule

Visit site
An outside tap! :)

years we have made do with taking the hose-pipe out through the kitchen door for filling water buckets in both stable and field, or for any other water needed on the yard. Last week we had an outside tap fitted and now we can have water outdoors while the kitchen door is closed - what a difference that will make this winter!
You're moving up in the world ;)

Suby2

Visit site
Electric fence reel kit, not that expensive and means it quicker to move a fence and keep it tidy. No hours of untangling fencing.

We have two old Hozelock reels on wheels. One was left out for the bin men so we ‘saved’ it and the other we bought from our local recycling centre for £6.