What do you do with Rossettes if not a 1st/2nd?

Sticker

Visit site
Wow, that's bizarre... who buys them :eek:

Always plenty of bids, never asked why tbh!

Maybe for kids, or for recycling at other shows? The cynic in me thinks it's probably to pass them off as their own, each to their own I guess! I'm quite happy to make a few quid so not complaining either way :D

Janah

Visit site
I have kept all of mine, not many in the grand scheme of things. All pinned to a cork board in the conservatory.

I had a visiting child that pointed out I had no firsts! His mother was mortified!

noblesteed

Visit site
The same people who buy rosettes off ebay will be the people who buy scraps of fabric, vintage ribbons, wool, 2nd hand fur coats, old mismatched china, cake stands, horse brasses, flying ducks and 1950s teak furniture... It's called the 'vintage' sweetie! The rosette collecting is probably inspired by the equestrian look that has been all the rage of late...

Actually send your old rosettes to me and I will make them into bunting for you! (or sell them to the vintage shops in town!)

Arizahn

Visit site
:(I only ever won two rosettes ever. I got them both at pony camp when I was twelve. I had a great time with the horses there, but the other kids were pretty nasty to be around if I'm honest...

I got a fourth in mounted games, and a clear round (took me nearly half an hour to finish a course of tiny fences, but hey - we got there!)...was really proud of myself at the time.

When I got home, my mum threw them straight in the bin since mounted games didn't count at all and I didn't get a first at showjumping:confused:

I fished them out when she wasn't looking and hid them in my room, behind the wardrobe. Kept them for a good few years, but lost them when I was moving out to live with my now OH.

Captain Bridget

Visit site
I have kept all the ones I've won, about 5! 3 of which are thirds which I like because they're yellow. I have 1 first from a fancy dress class at my riding school! I wore a tiger suit which scared the pony behind me! 1 is a clear round rosette which is a really pretty blue/green colour and I was SO proud of it because the horse didn't usually keep calm enough to do a whole course, despite the fact it was about 1'!

I've also been given a couple of rosettes when I was helping at shows at college, one little clear round rosette from unaff SJ and one beautiful blue/green 5th place one from a BSJA show where the person didn't want it. I love it!

I really want to go to more shows so I can make rosette bunting now! That will be perfect in the house I'm dreaming of! ;)

azouria

Visit site
I don't have loads, but i'll always keep them - they're hung to my bookcase at the moment. I always date them and write where they were won because it's lovely to look back over them as they hold so many memories.

rowy

Visit site
Keep all mine! I write on the back who won it, out of how many horses and what percentage (if dressage) and date and class. Then during the year they go up in my horsebox, then at the end of the year I put them up around the top of the tack room as decoration :D Think it may be a while before I cover the whole perimeter lol.

Holzdweaver

Visit site
Every rosette i have ever won, and will ever win, no matter what the placement, is cherished and put up onto the wall of my hallway. Im extremely proud of them all, the firsts right down to the sixth.

and thats including the famous 'special' rosette i got when my mare refused every jump once before jumping it lol, she said i deserved it for continuing and not even swearing once! :rolleyes::D:rolleyes:

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
:(I only ever won two rosettes ever. I got them both at pony camp when I was twelve. I had a great time with the horses there, but the other kids were pretty nasty to be around if I'm honest...

I got a fourth in mounted games, and a clear round (took me nearly half an hour to finish a course of tiny fences, but hey - we got there!)...was really proud of myself at the time.

When I got home, my mum threw them straight in the bin since mounted games didn't count at all and I didn't get a first at showjumping:confused:

I fished them out when she wasn't looking and hid them in my room, behind the wardrobe. Kept them for a good few years, but lost them when I was moving out to live with my now OH.

Rotten mother throwing them away when you were twelve!!!:eek::( I feel like sending you a couple of mine to replace them.

I've got all mine - from my first rosette (a fourth in a mounted games too!), all with the names, classes and dates written on the back. Most of them are in a box in the shed. The older ones (1980s) are tiny.

Lexie81

Visit site
I've still got all mine from when I was a kid!
My daughter who is 8 keeps every one she wins, she has loads of them now its hard to display them all but we write the class and the date and any other interesting info on the back and keep them all, along with her numbers and schedules lol! I think its nice to have them all to look back on, she always takes them to school on the Monday morning too!

Capriole

Visit site
The same people who buy rosettes off ebay will be the people who buy scraps of fabric, vintage ribbons, wool, 2nd hand fur coats, old mismatched china, cake stands, horse brasses, flying ducks and 1950s teak furniture... It's called the 'vintage' sweetie! The rosette collecting is probably inspired by the equestrian look that has been all the rage of late...

lol. I know it goes on though that people buy upper level show rosettes and pretend that they won them, which is a bit bizarre really.

(but mostly harmless I suppose)

Paris1

Visit site
I have thrown a couple away but either they were a default ie there was only five in the class or I couldn't remember whY it was for, so this totals about two or three over twenty two years!
Each rosette is a memory and my most cheished ones include a 6th for a ode and a 'well done for turning up' shield for a le trec!

Old Bat

Visit site
I still have all of mine, they all have a story to tell even if it was decades ago! Most memorable one was 4th in a bending race in 1971 on a little dun pony called Bundle. Used to buck like stink! They all have the pony's names and date on and I'm glad to say that my daughter is just the same....they hold so many lovely memories.

PolarSkye

Visit site
I keep all frillies . . . if someone thought well enough of our riding to give us a frilly, the least I can do is keep it and display it somewhere.

But then, we don't get many frillies . . .

P

TequilaMist

Visit site
wow most replies had on a thread lol!
My daughters are all up in loft and same as everyone else ,has name ,date and horse on back.I 've got a lot less so they at this time are sitting on a table.
Must admit would be sadder if daughters got thrown out more than if my few did.
Thats probably a mum thing tho

MissMincePie&Brandy

Visit site
I keep all of mine in a drawer at home. I write on the back of each one, so I know how and when I got it etc.

I value my 5th rosette I got last weekend, where I beat 21 others, and got a personal best % in my test far more than the 1st I got at a show last year when there was only me and one other in the class!

fidleyspromise

Visit site
Daughter keeps every single one of her rosettes & everyone is written on the back with date, place, what class & which pony!

wow most replies had on a thread lol!
My daughters are all up in loft and same as everyone else ,has name ,date and horse on back.I 've got a lot less so they at this time are sitting on a table.
Must admit would be sadder if daughters got thrown out more than if my few did.
Thats probably a mum thing tho

I've got a lot of rosettes in a bag in my wardrobe - I did used to display them all around but when I kept moving I stopped putting them up. These ones are special as they were ones that I won while I was learning from the RS ponies.
After my 2nd lesson I was in a games comp - so one first and two fourths. Or the one I treasure was my fave pony who was sold on but I still have rosettes/a pic from one comp in her memory.

Now though, I've entered so many comps in past 5 years with my own pony, that her's are all over the walls in the house - including specials, 6th places and clear rounds. We do have several 1sts and 2nds. :)

Every rosette I own has the date, which class and which pony I rode so I can look at that and relive that moment. I'm feeling all emotional now and think I might go raid that bag :D

Arizahn

Visit site
Rotten mother throwing them away when you were twelve!!!:eek::( I feel like sending you a couple of mine to replace them.

I've got all mine - from my first rosette (a fourth in a mounted games too!), all with the names, classes and dates written on the back. Most of them are in a box in the shed. The older ones (1980s) are tiny.

Thanks:eek: I'm hoping to eventually compete with the Hippo...if I can stay in the saddle long enough, lol!

Carlosmum

Visit site
I make my family (non-horsey) look at them for about a year on display in the sitting room. When the new season starts & if I'm lucky to get any the old ones come down & we start again. Last year I gave a couple of bags full to my sister in law who works in an after school club. No idea if she used them!

Heilo

Visit site
I have kept all of mine. The ones from riding school through to clear round and specials to my now dressage areas, regionals etc rosettes. I feel everyone has a memory that I never want to forget. A lot of the riding school horses have now passed away now and I loved all these horses as a child. All the dressage ones are so important to me also remembering all the horses I have either ridden or owned. Again memories of my first dressage ride who taught me so much and helped me be successful at BYRDS. My own mare and the few rossetes I got on her before being put to sleep at only 6. To the other horse that took me to winter and nationals. And current horse who has actually won 5 out of 8 inc area festival and first elementary. These horses owe me nothing and I owe it to there memory of how much each horse tried soo hard to win those rosettes for me to keep them.

kinnygirl1

Visit site
Keep keep keep! Mine are like treasure! I love looking back at them. I write on the back when I got them so they are kind of like a diary of what we have done( not that I have many mind!)

Madam Min

Visit site
I keep all mine and hang them up in the wagon. One of my faves is a 5th I got at quite a big local show. It was for a ridden showing class and when I was a kid I'd have given my right arm to compete at that show on my own horse so to go and be on the other side of the fence so to speak and then to get placed I was made up.

I write the date, horse, event ( and if dressage % on the back of everyone). Got some lovely 5th's and 6th, all bright pinks and purples!

OH use to event and show jump, all his rosettes are stuffed in a bag somewhere :rolleyes: