What do you hate that everyone else loves?

Nasicus

Visit site
Controversial I know but fly rugs for the majority of horses, especially those that wear rugs all winter and fly rugs all summer. Most horses just bred a good fly repellent (some horses have super sensitive skin I know).
Depends where you live I suppose, if you're just afflicted with regular flies, a good repellent usually does the job. But if you happen to live in an area which breeds armies of steroid addled horseflies, the kind that laugh at powerphaser and bathe in Deosect, then a flyrug is definitely the lesser or two evils. Mare gets a flyrug if it's really bad, youngster is nose to tail in a boett from spring to autumn, but I do leave the both naked and hairy as much as possible in winter to make up for it :)

only_me

Visit site
Fly hoods/hats
People who think that their bog standard hairy cob is the next valegro etc, and then enthuse about how they can now leg yield after 2 years of lessons...
People who take over rugging to the max, I’m talking duvet, heavyweight on heavyweight rug plus stable boots plus snuggly hood etc.
People who micro manage their horse (and proceed to tell you how difficult their horse is to keep right, bit of humble bragging lol)

There’s plenty more but I’m aware I’m having a grumpy mood thanks to getting some very simple questions wrong on an exam earlier.

Actually do you know what I really, really hate - people who don’t seem to understand that you need to get a horse properly fit before leaping into a competition (or hunt) - 4 weeks into work your horse definitely isn’t fit for a competition. But they can’t be bothered to take the time to do it right.

LeneHorse

Visit site
people who leave their horses turned out 24/7 in rugs that don't fit or have missing straps so that rug ends up round their neck or slipped over to one side. Poor horses.

sorry this is more of a random moan than a reply to the question asked by the OP. I don't suppose anyone actually likes rugs that don't fit properly.

JFTDWS

Visit site
people who leave their horses turned out 24/7 in rugs that don't fit or have missing straps so that rug ends up round their neck or slipped over to one side. Poor horses.

sorry this is more of a random moan than a reply to the question asked by the OP. I don't suppose anyone actually likes rugs that don't fit properly.

Like this?!

48407663_700172663997_7396314093260374016_n.jpg

(I didn't leave her like that :p )

Shady

Visit site
My horse arriving to come in completely covered in mud when I saw him 30 seconds before perfectly clean.
Prying up frozen poo.
People telling me I look tired when Iv'e just bloody well put some make-up on and done my hair.
Visible knicker lines
Spiritual yoga retreats

SatansLittleHelper

Visit site
Things I can't stand and other people seem to love, in no particular order
*Cats...I don't understand the fascination and never will. Flea ridden, mangy murderous little shits. Worse still, endless videos of cats doing things? Are people genuinely that bored?!o_O
*I cant stand the word coblet...too cutesy lol
*Hogged manes make my teeth itch, esp on scrawny type horses (unless of course it's for medical type reasons)
*Manes pulled super short, they are the horse equivalent of a basin cut :rolleyes:

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
I strongly dislike bum freezer jackets, fine on those tots doing show ponies in lead rein, 1st ridden and 12.2's, ridiculous on anyone else.

Baler twine tied onto rings on the outside walls of wooden stables, when it's not been thinned out, why?

Finally, the plea at the end of a question, often found on Facebook equestrian pages:
"Please, no nasty comments"
What is meant really, is please agree with me and do not offer a different opinion, even if its completely at odds...... yada...

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Sure no one loves this but as soon as the image of a horse is applied to a product the cost triples.

When you no longer fit in your jodhpurs, ride in joggers until the Christmas season is over so you can buy new ones but realise how much comfier it is to ride in 4 quid joggers! But feel obliged to get jodhpurs as they are more correct!

Liveryman Harmony clippers. I lost count of the number of times I nearly threw them across the stable yet seen so many people on here reccomend them. Lucky people!

Onions- make me gag 🤢
Mint chocolate
Fruit and nut or any form of nut in a chocolate
Most vegetables

Visit site
Things I can't stand and other people seem to love, in no particular order
*Cats...I don't understand the fascination and never will. Flea ridden, mangy murderous little shits. Worse still, endless videos of cats doing things? Are people genuinely that bored?!o_O

Cats are dicks. They look after themselves and are twisted, vindictive little barstewards! What's not to love about them?!?!

Dogs on the other hand! Dogs are pathetic, they pander to you and want your attention and your praise all of the time!

scats

Visit site
Leggings. I have nothing against leggings... but they are meant to be worn like tights- with a long top/jumper/shirt or a dress. They should not be worn like jeans. It’s basically like walking round in your tights. Not a good look for anyone.

Children singing- I’m with whoever said that. Vile. Children’s choirs are even worse.

People riding unbrushed horses, which is quite timely given the othe thread haha! I absolutely cannot abide seeing a horse go out to work covered in dried mud that could be brushed off in about 2 minutes.

J&S

Visit site
I can't abide 3 ring gags, flash or crank nose bands, bling, coloured matchyness (I do have brown or black matching girths and saddle cloths), small flake shavings, tie-dyed or panne velvet skirts (I live near Totnes)

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Dogs. Especially dogs that smell. Or dogs that are needy. Small ratty chav dogs. Dogs with no respect that leap up and try and lick your face. People who don't train their dogs. People that don't pick up the dog poo.

The word ponio

Unicorns on everything

Pugs on everything

ElleSkywalker

As excited as Kitty about to be a bridesmaid
Visit site
Cats are dicks. They look after themselves and are twisted, vindictive little barstewards! What's not to love about them?!?!

They have learnt to purr purely to manipulate people and evolved a meow frequency specifically to annoy humans into feeding them. They are basically psychopaths in cute fluffy bodies. They are AWESOME 😍

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
When the horse won't be caught, usually allowing me to get just close enough acting as if he wants to come in before he legs it. Some people may consider this excellent cardio exercise. I do not

Cardio/ running on a treadmill

Swimming

Rude horses especially door kickers

Welsh D's- given I have one, never again!! Loved the comment on a thread the other day about Welsh bi polar disorder it's so true!

Arab horses

Really long manes.

Plaiting. I think pulled manes look smarter than plaited ones.

twiggy2

Visit site
Christmas lights, especially houses that are fully lit up.
Sensor light and streets lights that stay on all night-and hate light pollution.
Moles that back fill the traps 😒.
The dog that is currently whining to be let in, he never comes in until we have eaten cos he is a pain around food.