What do you hate that everyone else loves?

Bav

Visit site
Ok. *Take a breath*

Freejump stirrups - I think they’re ugly,
Monoflap jump saddles (I Like feeling a saddle beneath me and before the horse),
Diamonte brow bands,
Pointless sheepskin on nosebands (I have some on my travelling leather headcollar by why on the bridle?),
Filling haynets, urgh,
Clipping,
Cutesy OTT name plaques,
Coloured over-reach boots, actually any coloured boots that aren’t black or brown.

Ambers Echo

Visit site
Same. I feel like I'm splashing out when I buy a Champion Ventair! Not only that, it hurts the wallet badly enough to replace a "normal" hat, imagine buying a £500+ hat and landing on it on the 2nd/3rd wear...

My daughter asked for a new hat for Christmas. I thought £100 for a HS1 hat (on offer) was a bit steep but I could just about cope with that. Our last hats came from Decathlon! I wonder how many falls you'd take before you decided a £500+ hat needs binning???

Ambers Echo

Visit site
Ok. *Take a breath*

Freejump stirrups - I think they’re ugly,
Monoflap jump saddles (I Like feeling a saddle beneath me and before the horse),
Diamonte brow bands,
Pointless sheepskin on nosebands (I have some on my travelling leather headcollar by why on the bridle?),
Filling haynets, urgh,
Clipping,
Cutesy OTT name plaques,
Coloured over-reach boots, actually any coloured boots that aren’t black or brown.

Haha. Love most of these though not the sheepskin noseband. I was about to type me too then I realised we were on the 'hate' thread!

scats

Visit site
Whoever said Ed Sheeran, I’m with you. I just don’t get him. I appreciate his talent as a musician, but quite frankly he leaves me cold. Seems a nice chap though!

Mince pies. I had a vomiting incident with one when I was 6. I remember it vividly. Haven’t touched the evil things since.

I’ve never seen GOT. These fantasy-type things are not for me.
I tried reading Hairy Plotter once and nearly vomited blood it was that badly written.

indie1282

Visit site
Rainbow Bridge

Fur Babies **shudder**

Coblet **urghhhh**

Horses stuck in until owners turn up at lunchtime on a weekend, despite being turned out in the week at 6am......

Said owners tying the horse outside the stable while they muck it out, fill haynet and chat to other liverys before finally turning the horse out!

Leaveing a clipped horse tied up outside when its bitter cold - again usually chatting.

Geese

Porridge

Too much other things to mention 😉

Rowreach

👀
Visit site
Oh I totally hear ya!

I'm up near the north coast and there is a stunning Bay that was used in GOT with a pathway now adorned with GOT sign posts and info boards. Thankfully it is quite inaccessible and so it has remained quiet but not as quiet as I like it.

The Dark Hedges used to be a favourite hacking spot of mine but that is now ruined because of all the tourists!

Don't worry, they've done so much damage to the roots they will all fall over soon and you'll be able to hack there again :oops::confused:

I'm still usually the only person at the Cave of the Doves as most people can't be bothered to drive to that area and then actually walk a bit.

It's a shame I'm meant to be promoting tourism really :eek::D

Silver Clouds

Visit site
Trying to keep the list short, some things I dislike are fly rugs or bonnets on horses that don't particularly object to flies (surely they's rather be naked?), tea and coffee (don't like the smell so have never drunk either- think I was put off by having to make endless cups for my parents as a child!), cake (but love cream cakes), mucking out stables.
I've been restrained so I don't look like some sort of grumpy hermit :)

cobgoblin

Bugrit! Millennium hand and shrimp.
Visit site
Spurs on people that can't keep their legs still.
Jogging bottoms, or even any form of legwear with the ubiquitous stripe down the side.
Fake fashion jods.

Jaffa cakes and jammy dodgers.

Nasicus

Visit site
Oooh just thought. Summer. Specifically, hot summers. Everyone loooooves them. I spend them hiding in the shade, or in front of a fan, wishing for either death or winter (whichever comes first) as I sweat out every drop of liquid in my body and try not to pass out.
Last year was AWFUL.

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Oooh just thought. Summer. Specifically, hot summers. Everyone loooooves them. I spend them hiding in the shade, or in front of a fan, wishing for either death or winter (whichever comes first) as I sweat out every drop of liquid in my body and try not to pass out.
Last year was AWFUL.

Ooh I'm with you on that! All those articles saying how good it was the heatwave was set to continue while I was groaning!

Comedies especially those with the stupid laughter in the back ground usually gives me the opposite effect and I have sense of humour failure. I do not find it funny stop telling me to laugh. Inbetweeners was about the only comedy I've found funny!

Air con blasting me at work

Unless they have a genuine reason people using the wrong form of they're their and there

GreyMane

Visit site
Clothes shopping.
Makes me so frustrated I could cry!
There is ONE jeans shop that has ONE style that fits me, at £75 a pop.
God help me if they discontinue it.

I used to take jeans/trousers in at the waist to make them fit, and quite enjoyed the process. I can't do that now everything has short zips; tried it once and after sewing darts in, could not put the blessed trousers on :mad:

Also, annoys me to see a nice summer top but then find it's got a big heavy-duty brass jeans zip in the back of the neck, not even covered by fabric (looks ugly and feels scratchy)

Fashion is often cyclical, so for a while I hoped old styles might come round again; but suspect they will not, for economic reasons.

Oh, shoes; women are stereotypically supposed to get all excited over shoes for some reason :rolleyes: High heels? Horribly painful, damage your feet, and slow you down. You can keep 'em.

People in shops trying to sound polite by using "yourself" when they mean "you"
"I'll just print the receipt for yourself"
No, you can't do that, because you're not me!! the clue's in the word "self".

People using short "E" before a vowel eg
"Thuh' EU is refusing to negotiate"
"Thuh' M4 was busy"
ThEE, please!!

Losing (NOT loosing) and adding syllables: eg
People pronouncing "create" and "creating" as "crate" and "crating"
but then saying "um-ber-ella" and "Wem-ber-ley", for umbrella and Wembley

Aargh! Please can someone help me get these floodgates closed?

1546969957300.png

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Oh yes I hate clothes shopping! I'd far rather rug or saddlecloth shop could look at loads of those 😂

Its the whole endlessly trailing round and not really finding anything you like, I can't wear normal jeans as have massive thighs from riding so can't even get most in my size halfway up my leg, made worse by the fact all jeans nowadays seem to be "skinny " jeans. Finding a nice top and it being too tight in some places and too baggy in others. Waiting to try stuff on. Busy shops where people stand in the way. You get hot and sweaty trying stuff on and usually have to go up the yard after so are conscious of the time.

You finally find something nice then die at the price tag and can't justify that cost. Apparently paying over 50 quid for a pair of jeans or top isn't that expensive!