What do you work as/whats your job

Frosty89

Visit site
I work 8am-4pm Monday - Friday (great hours for the horses), as an Office Manager. I hate my job! I've been thinking of doing the Equinenergy course but I'm undecided as their is already someone in my area doing it.

Equinus

Visit site
Did horses for 20 years. When I got too worn out to do it, turned to catering, when even more worn out turned to supermarket internet shopping, which has totally knackered my knees.....nowhere else to go now so hoping to take early retirement next year and export myself and mine to a different country.:D

Littlelegs

Visit site
Official title is gangland criminal I suppose. I deal drugs, run protection rackets, & get a cut of any criminal activity in the area. Just the norm really, pays the bills & keeps a good barrister on side.
Only joking, actually, I'm a single mum so I don't have to work, sit at home in my 4bed detached & get £50k a year & my rent paid by all you kind people!

tilly_monster

Visit site
I have my own care company, I work when I want and from home I do my horses before I start work then do about 5 hours work before I do the horses again, I do have great staff that hardly ever go off sick

Tinsel Town

Visit site
these jobs are soooo interesting!! so many cool jobs!

I'm a HR Advisor for my sins, i'm suprised there isnt more horsey jobs! lots of clever people on here tho!! :D

Jewkes

Visit site
NHS Direct Health advisor.
I'm hoping to defect to the ambulance service as a call handler soon though.

Ultimately I'm aiming to win euro millions.. I might then be able to afford/have time to look after a pony!

Renvers

Visit site
My main role is provider of Polos and treats to my horses :D

In order to pay for said treats, I work for a global telecomms/IT provider providing TV and Satellite networks to sports broadcasters around the world. I love my job, its really interesting and exciting and I work on things such as the olympics, but prefer being giver of Polos!

Last edited:

pottamus

Visit site
I am a marketing person and work for a computer company...I completely hate it....BUT...working towards launching my own business in the new year. So big changes to my life ahead but cannot wait to put my carefully crafted plan into action.
I do what I can riding wise with my lad - up at 5am to ride before work in the light months and then back down to weekends only riding in winter months.

stacie21

Visit site
I work on a tb stud currently doing yearling prep. It has has good and bad points 8 till half 4 every other wk end off so work outings with the neddy around that

Gracie21

Visit site
Lots of interesting jobs and people on here!!

I work for a handbag manufacturer, designing, all admin etc. I used to love it, now I loath it and hoping to move on ASAP. I'd like to do something where I can meet people, travel around etc. Maybe an agent of some sort. We'll see what I can do! :)

Jericho

Visit site
I am in awe of you all who have full time jobs, and horses and study and have children. I feel incredibly lazy now! I am a full time mum to two under 9s with very busy sporting lives so 7-9am and then 3 - 9pm is dedicated basically to driving them around and ensuring they have the right clean kit, food, getting homework done etc. between 9 and 3 I look after the house, prepare meals, basically being a good wife and mum!!! I also walk the dog, look after a big garden, volunteer at th e school and do my 2 horses who are kept at home. Still only ride 2-4times a week though as a lot of time. Love my life as basically spend my days as I want, and hubbie is very tolerant as long as his clothes are clean, his home is tidy and his stomach is fed!

Fancyfree

Visit site
I am an air ambulance paramedic. Work 4 days on 4 days off. So only have time to share a horse after my horse was put down in 2010 after an cross country accident. Spend a lot of time picking horsey folk that have had unfortunate accidents.

showpony

Visit site
I work in the world of online media, have 2 kids, - with same company for years! however I work from a home office now & can pretty much work what hours I want once work gets done.. oh & 8 minute drive from yard so can pop up for sneeky lunch time riding:)

chaps89

Visit site
10-6.30 Mon-Fri for a small animal/equine insurance company, no official job title (its an ongoing saga ;) ) but handling escalations and team leader duties basically. Sometimes the office politics drive me mad but I guess you get that everywhere and its not a bad job. Would like to go into fraud or complaints 'properly' if I could tho.
Then 7am-5pm as a groom on a Sunday at a local livery yard, hard work and certainly an eye opener seeing how the other half live (well, it is Surrey dahling!) But helps keep my hand in with the horses and is a bit of extra cash.
I commute an hour and 20 minutes each way to the office, horse was on DIY but limited help to bring in this winter (and limited funds for the extra hay bills) so has had to go onto grass livery. Luckily he is a sturdy sort and has a good rug wardrobe :)

Ibblebibble

Visit site
nothing interesting or glam about my job, i'm a self employed cleaner, started when the kids started school and nursery and somehow still doing it 8 years later:rolleyes: on the plus side i don't work weekends or bank holidays, can pick and choose my hours and clients and it pays for the horses.

Cazzah

Visit site
I work as a HR Manager for a large plc and cover all the UK with responsibility for about 3500 employees. Mon - Thurs 9-5 and Fridays until about 1pm. I also have a two year old boy. I have my horse who I attempt to event and my son has a pony that we have just started doing LR showing with. Both live at home and are kept out with access to shelter.

Morning routine is feed horse at 7am, change rugs if needed, check over and then dash in to get myself and son ready. Home for about 6pm. Quick check on horses, feed or ride and then feed. Summer has been great as I have been able to ride after son in bed but not looking forward to winter :(

Life is pretty busy but I wouldn't want it any other way. I really enjoy my job and it pays well enough to fund the fun things in life :D

Carlosmum

Visit site
Farmer
Farm Secretary
Farm Gofa
Computer software trainer for well known agric company
Chief cook & bottle washer/laundry maid
Kennel maid etc
All of the above before I can get to do the horses, but they are kept at home so I fit them in when I can

alsxx

Visit site
I'm a global talent acquisition (recruitment in laymans terms) manager for a large information and consulting firm. I work in the city 9-5 with 1.5hr commute each way. Great co that allows flexible working; given the demands of my role and the fact that my business leads are all US based I pick up a lot in the evenings from home. I love my job though, I work with some really great people.

I rent my own land and stables so complete DIY!! My husband is fab and takes the night shift in the winter (brings in horses) and I do the morning. Summer is easier when they are out but is also the only time I can ride in the week as the evenings are light enough. Oh and top of all that I'm a 'part time' artist; started as a hobby but things have really picked up so one day hope to work part time and be a part time mum/artist; hubby wants kids within next couple if yrs eeek!