What extra features would you pay for on a horse?

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
I was saying yesterday that I would pay extra to get a feature that's been factory installed in one of my horses. A good doer who eats anything, but only eats the amount that he needs.

I've also always said I would pay extra to get the feature that I found out this morning the other one has. A coat that the mud falls off as soon as you wave a brush near it.

Are there any optional extras you'd pay more money for?

Last edited:

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
I was saying yesterday that I would pay extra to get a feature that's been factory installed in one of my horses. A good doer who earts anything, but only eats the amount that he needs.

I've also always said I would pay extra to get the feature that I found out this morning the other one has. A coat that the mud falls off as soon as you wave a brush near it.

Are there any optional extras you'd pay more money for?
I'll bet its the spotty with the self clean coat? I'm on the third that has that!

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Ive got one who only poos on her mats - her bed is immaculate every morning. I'd pay good money for that function on all of them
View attachment 58970

Bliss! Got to be worth thousands, that one ? ? ?

I have the opposite. The spotty one has a small patch of bed to wee in in one corner of a 15x15 stable and he never poos on the floor, always in the shavings.

Last edited:

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
What sort of soil do you have? I'm within the London clay basin and haven't found one that mud falls off.

It doesn't exist but I'd like some sort of translation device so i could have discussions with the tb about exactly what is the issue with that drain cover or that pole that doesn't apply to the others.

ihatework

Visit site
Clean in the stable
Doesn’t roll in the mud
Even white socks and facial markings
Comes to call religiously
Easy to feed

Those are the ones for if I’m looking after it.

If I’m not in charge and it’s a competition horse, then as long as it’s talented and trainable it matters not a jot. Although I’ll always be swayed by even whites

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
If I could talk to my horses the conversation would go.

"You're fat, stop eating too much"
"Back at ya, yer fat ****"

Pause

"And you sit on my back so I think my opinion counts most"

Pause

"Hey don't go! I didn't mean it. Come back "

Pause

"I'm hungry"

When lunging

Come on trot on

Hey someone else here could stand to lose a few pounds and I'm the one running round the outside while you stand in the middle

Mrs G

Visit site
When lunging
Come on trot on
Hey someone else here could stand to lose a few pounds and I'm the one running round the outside while you stand in the middle

My lad communicates this to me already, no words required; he only goes properly forward if I run with him! So lunging is just as much exercise for me as it is him (I prob get more out of breath lunging than riding)! So I’d skip the universal translator feature (i think I already know what he thinks of me, not sure I’d want to hear it out loud), but the self-healing, or even better, an ‘indestructible’ feature would certainly be a bonus!

Last edited: