What fictional horse did you want to own?

Cobiau Cymreig Wyllt

Visit site
In the KM Peyton books, the ones with Toadhill Flax, I actually wanted the nutter horse Sirius, the one Peter gets banned from riding after he has an accident....I realise now this may have adversely the selection of nutters I currently have gracing my field!! :rolleyes:

Karsumatra

Visit site
Thunderhead (Flicka books), the black pony Midnight Dancer (Elizabeth Lindsay), Tarquin (Sally's friend's pony in the Patricia Leitch books that weren't the Jinny books) and Another Legend (Caroline Akrill)

Oh and Plum :D from the Jill books!

I obviously had a big fantasy stable as a kid!!

whizzer

Visit site
Ah yes Sirius, knew there was another one I liked in KM Peytons books but couldn't think of the name! Loved the Caroline Akrill books as well. Shame my collection of pony books mysteriously vanished,would love to re-read them!

Moomin1

Visit site
Shantih from the Jinny books. Also Black Beauty, and I think it was Cobalt from the Saddleclub books!

It was always Black Beauty from when I was very small though!!

savia

Visit site
Has to be Spirit/Swiftwind from She-ra.I was obsessed with flying unicorns as a kid and just loved the idea of taking to the skies and leaving everything behind.:D

Nosey

Visit site
Toadhill flax for me too. Def 1st love was black beauty..book & tv series one. Then 90% of the equine characters in the pullien Thompson books inc phantom horse & the horses the nice ordinary girl had in the six ponies series....was she called Noah or something? There was also a lovely book about a girl riding a gorgeous grey show pony & she was from a quite hard up family...cant remember what it was called but this & the km peyton ones were a nice change from the stories about kids from wealthy horsey families..tho I enjoyed those too!

SusannaF

susannaforrest.wordpress.com
ALL OF THEM

:D

Not that I was a greedy megalomaniac or anything.

Glad others wanted to rescue Ginger too. I also had my own imaginary horse who was a kind of hybrid of The Black and Shantih – a 17.3hh Chestnut Arabian who won the British and US Triple Crowns and the Grand National :p

It's cool to read all these comments. I wrote about imaginary horses and fictional horses and wanting them in my book, and worried that it was too personal – now I can see I wasn't the only one :)

HashRouge

Visit site
I always wanted Shantih - I was desperate for an Arab! Somehow I persuaded my mother to buy me one when I was 11, but before I could go and see any chestnuts, a grey mare came along and stole my heart. So I never did get my Shantih :D
I also used to like Dancer, from the Midnight Dancer books; Jupiter, from Josephine Pullein-Thompson's Pony Club books; and Ruth's Toadhill Flax. I re-read that book last week actually...22 and still reading pony books, oh dear :p

mrmac

Visit site
Macaulay, I read the Jilly Cooper books years ago and decided that if I was ever lucky enough to own a horse i'd want one just like him. With the help of a very supportive sister in law i bought a chestnut colt in 1995 and called him Macaulay. He will be with me until the day he flys free.
Oh and the donkey from a childrens book called a magical donkey ride, who has secret wings and Whinney, Aylas horse from Jean M Auels earths children series. To be honest, I probably fell in love with most of the fictional horses i've ever read about!:D

Suziq77

Visit site
the nice ordinary girl had in the six ponies series....was she called Noah or something?

There was also a lovely book about a girl riding a gorgeous grey show pony & she was from a quite hard up family..

Do you mean Noel - pony called Sonnet?

And was the grey pony Perdita from Dream of Fair Horses?

I was a Toadhill Flax fan too but I really wanted Sirius, the tricky pony that Peter ended up with when Ruth wouldn't sell Toad back to him. Typically Peter was so brilliant that he turned Sirius into the PC team's star eventer :)

I had a bit of a Peter McNair crush too....:eek:

Prince Charming

New User
Visit site
No name for the "small and weedy beast, he was something like a racehorse undersized, with a touch of Timor pony - three parts thoroughbred at least - and such as are by themountain horsemen prized. he was hard and tough and wiry - just the sort that won't say die- there was courage in his quick impatient tread; and he bore the badge of gameness in his bright and fiery eye, and the proud and lofty carriage of his head."

The man from Snowy River.

palomino698

Visit site
Champion the Wonder Horse
Phantom Horse
Serenade, the show-jumper in Three Ponies and Shannan
Oberon (Carmen's pony in A Pony And His Partner, by Sheila Chapman)
Boris in the White Horses TV series... watch him on YouTube every so often :)

TheSylv007

www.ridewelland.co.uk
I had a book written in the 70s or 80s about a robotic horse called Mylor which gets entered into the grand national, no feeding, mucking out or bad behaviour and jumped like it had wings. Sounded great! Don't know who wrote the book though.

MochaDun

Visit site
Not quite fictional but vinyl as the song about him was on an old 78 we had at home which I guess was bought by my parents for my eldest sister...Champion the Wonder Horse :D Don't think I ever actually saw the TV show as was born in the 60s and it was out in the 50s but I fell in love with him from the galloping rhythm of the song I could picture this jet black horse streaking across the American West :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzpp58In8eo

The time will come when everyone will know the name of Champion the Wonder Horse :D

Karran

Visit site
I named my rocking horse after Champion. :) I've had him 24 years now. I used to be convinced he came real at night.