What horse you dreamt of and what you actually ended up with...a bit of fun.

RutlandH2O

Visit site
I dreamt of owning a chestnut warmbloody/thoroughbred type horse and do lots of showjumping etc.. (I was young!!!!) - Still dream of this now at 18.. :rolleyes:

Something like this:
diegonewstand2.jpg

Now I own these little beauties after giving up riding (Self confidence.):

Jack, a 6year old brown stallion:
picture.php

Peanut a yearling filly:

picture.php

And Coco a yearling gelding (Peanuts half brother, same sire):
picture.php

Love your little donkleberries!

Amy567

Visit site
I've always had something similar to what I was looking for.

As far back as I remember (things I wanted and was old enough to help choose other than it was pretty)

My 13.2hh - Wanted a PC pony, got exactly that and she took me to BS Discovery/BN level and we got placed, all sorts of stuff. Super little pony!

My 14.2 - Wanted a youngster that I could bring on (I was 12 at this point!) and would take me upto foxhunter.... got a 14.2hh 5 yo that had just come off the boat from Ireland, couldn't even trot in a circle.... We got cricket scores going round SJ but was a good little hunter!

My 15.2hh - wanted something that had been there and done it to help me get somewhere in the equestrian world (TB champs and BS sort of stuff) Got exactly that (and later found out she had been recycled and was actually a broken ex international SJ mare) had her for a year before she broke down and I had three years off... Until recently! Horse of a lifetime, even if she was injured for most of the 4 years we've had her :)

My 16.2hh - Had a budget of £3000 to spend and wanted something that was going to be my forever horse, that had the athleticism to do SJ upto affiliated, eventing, RC stuff etc. Got a 16.2hh Ex National Hunt gelding, who has a gorgeous pop on him (learns from a knock and jumps HUGE the next time round) and lovely elevated paces, not even had him a month yet, but he's definitely my forever horse :D

So always had something close to what I wanted (minus injuries!)

PolarSkye

Visit site
As a little girl I loved unicorns . . . and always, always loved greys . . . when I went horse shopping, however, I tried hard not to focus on colour and went looking for something solid, dependable, safe . . . I ended up with this:

A flighty, quirky, sharp, narrow, fine idiot. But he's my idiot and I love him :).

P

P.S. I bought the thumbnails from the photographer - so I haven't stolen the second image . . . before anybody pushes a button

Darremi

Visit site
I can see the photos now. :D

Lovely pally. :) (I'm not sure about the plastic one's confo though :p)

Ha ha thanks :). I'm not even a girly girl but I always fancied a blonde pony from when I was 5 years old!! Quite difficult to come by one over 16h.

He doesn't have the lovely blonde locks of the model either but he would if I let it grow!

This is as hairy as he's even been allowed to get:

picture.php

He looks like a native!!

Last edited:

ReadySaltedPeanuts

Visit site
Is Lambie a Zwartble or Zwartble cross? She/he is adorable. We've got 3 donkeys and 8 pet sheep.

Lambie was a Zwartable cross Dorset / Milk sheep. He was a pet lamb, but started to get too dangerous (Couldn't go into the field without being headbutted, and he was to double in size) so we decided it was time Lambie had to go :(

Enfys

Visit site
When I was younger, I desperately wanted a Rocky Mountain Horse like this

Rocky_Mountain_Horse.jpg

Ooooooooh, I clipped (and then rode) a Kentucky Mountain (very similar to Rocky Mountain) this colour the other day, and a grulla one. Lovely horses and that colour is stunning - not when it has just been clipped though ;)

AprilBlue

Visit site
i always dreamed of having a jet black arab stallion with a snip and four white socks.
i ended up with this....

yes, they look nothing alike but i think i prefer my horse to what i use to dream of <3:)

ShadowFlame

Visit site
Wanted: heavyweight, hairy cob, plenty of feather. NOT a coloured, and NOT green.

Got: heavyweight, hairy cob, plenty of feather. Coloured and unbroken :rolleyes:

SusannaF

susannaforrest.wordpress.com
Well, I reckon you lot all copped out :p

The only reason I still don't have a horse is because I won't settle for less than a 17.3hh chestnut Arab stallion who's won the triple crown and the Grand National.

Don't compromise on your dreams! ;)

Clannad48

Visit site
When shopping for a new horse for my daughter our list was very precise, it had to be a gelding, any colour but definitely not grey, at least ten years old, welsh D pref, definitely not "foreign", between 15 and 16hh.

But my daughter loves her......
We got a dark grey (now white) dutch warmblood mare, 6 years old, 16h when we got her, now 17.1h.

Alphamare

Visit site
I said I didn't care what it was as long as it was good in traffic but that I would never ever ever have a tb. I bought a not so safe chestnut !tb! Mare!

Silmarillion

Visit site
I always wanted TBs. Then I grew up, discovered that TBs can be fast and sharp, and that I didn't get on with ponies. Fell in love with Iberians. I have a 7/8ths TB with a sharp streak and a TB "type" pony :rolleyes:

I'm still holding onto my Iberian dream, though! A proper coloured cob is next on my shopping list!

samandcasper

Visit site
Set out to buy my dream, 16-17hh bay with black trimmed mane and tail, that could canter (previously sold a standerbred lol) and jump properly ended up with a 14.3-15hh black and White mare witch ended up with a bogof 8months later lol best mistake in my entire life she's my best friend and the excat horse I wanted just not a bay but do have a think for my black and whites lol as sister has a coloured Shetland mum has a red an White and my foal is a red and White poss turning black and White :) xx

Girlracer

Visit site
I always wanted a chestnut wih four white socks. I've loved thoroughbreds and ex racehorses since I was about 11. I ended up with this...

null-26.jpg

Didn't do badly!

The wife

Visit site
For years and years as a child I'd ask Santa for a 13.2hh, palomino pony. He got the size right but not the colour... And Foxie was a lunatic. I made the mistake of not specifying temperament issues to Santa. The old boy is still going strong mind. 27 this year and still has a mean buck...

Fast forward 14 years and I sold a lovely kind, sweet ex-racer who you could seriously pick up and put down and who was a dream to own for a raving idiot warmblood who I haven't the balls to even sit on in the school (hence the sister competes him) I would have actually have been suited to a cob. He has a pretty face though and does all kind of cool stressagey things. :rolleyes:

ShadowFlame

Visit site
First neddy... I wanted a cob, gelding, real feathery type, not green, and not coloured.

I got a cob gelding, heavy feather, unbroken and piebald.

Second neddy... I wasn't 100% sure, but I'd always dreamt of a grey arab.

Ended up with a ginger one. It's always the colour that skews :p

texenstar

Visit site
I always wanted a piebald cobby type who could jump when I was younger. Moved to Dubai and ended up with this-

picture.php

An ex-racer grey Arab stallion who can jump, do dressage and is bombproof :D Now I would never want anything else!

Blitzen

Visit site
I pictured my ideal horse as a 16.2hh chestnut ISH gelding, with 4 socks and a star.
Ended up with a 14.2hh piebald cob mare :D So I got the 'Irish' bit I suppose :rolleyes: :p
Love her to bits though. She is absolutely perfect :)

Always_A_Moody_Mare

Visit site
I want a chestnut TB/ISH gelding with a white blaze and white socks

Don't currently have a horse but I am riding a chestnut TB gelding with a white star and 1 white sock - didnt do too badly!