What if........................?

Anastasia

www.morayfirthstud.co.uk
If you were given the opportunity to use any stallion in the world, which one would it be and why??? (and no I have not been given this chance
grin.gif
)

ihatework

Visit site
Dutch Gold, I would in fact just like to clone my current boy if possible but genetically modify the legs if thats not asking too much!

Tia

Visit site
IF I had a fantastic mare then I would use Storm Cat because he is the most expensive stallion in the world. I would then promptly sell the foal!
grin.gif

brackenhappy

Visit site
Big Boy! you prob wont of heard of him but the foal in my sig is by him and would love another! hes moved to spain now though so no way am i gonna send bracken there for a 'one night' stand!!....failling that and money was no object i like one cool cat but at a stud fee of 15,000 euros dont think thats gonna happen!!!!

Halfstep

Visit site
Florestan. Because he seems to throw such lovely horses.
Londonderry. Because I love his boodlines - Lauries Crusader and Warkent.
Sandro Hit. Just because he is stunning!!!

Damien

Visit site
Quaterback......... and I did
grin.gif
Contender directly but as is EVA carrier will stick with his sons... Copabella's Visage, maybe next year or Limbo....... is he still alive and avilaible?

severnmiles

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
IF I had a fantastic mare then I would use Storm Cat because he is the most expensive stallion in the world. I would then promptly sell the foal!
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the way you think...then with the profits you can again use any stallion in the world
wink.gif
smile.gif

Fahrenheit

www.ipcmedia.com
[ QUOTE ]
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I like your thinking Tia!
wink.gif

_jetset_

Visit site
Hmmm, I think it would have to be Flemmingh or Krack C for me...

There are so many that I would want to use though. Saddlers Wells being one of the main ones because his stud fees are so damn expensive. When I was working for Equissage I was lucky enough to meet a Saddlers Wells baby and I think he is one of the nicest horses I have ever seen in my life (and I only saw him in the stable).

Bossanova

Visit site
Abergwiffy, I want another Boss.
Actually, if I could afford to breed then I'd put some little tb mares to Fleetwater Opposition, I get on with all his stock and theyre all talented.

christine48

Visit site
i am so envious I saw Quaterback at Vechta in november he was awesome and gave you goosepimples. he would also be my choice for dressage. Contendro for jumping.

S_N

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I can see your reasoning, but make sure your mare scopes well, as SC's have a tendency to have narrow throats/lazy epiglotis and also make sure she has a strong back - I have seen more than a couple of sway backed yrlngs by SC!

If I was breeding a TB for racing, then by your reasoning Tia, I would have to go with Seattle Slew (yes I know he's dead
tongue.gif
), as he holds the record (despite the article in H&H a while back) as having the all time highest stud fee, as at one point in his career, he was $800,000.

I would have to breed to either Gone West or Danzig (deceased) though if I had the mare and time and money didn't stand in the way to breed a racehorse.

For B, then if I had the money, AC Locarno 62 or Calvalor Cumano.

If I had the mare, then Florestan or Lauries Crusader

Damien

Visit site
We have a lot in common Memo
grin.gif
I chose Contendro for a clients mare - I really would love to use him too one day but I have first refusal if its a filly next year! oh please oh please oh please........... Regretably I don't have a mare to breed him to myself at the moment, the one jumping mare that I do have is a Contender granddaughter so that's no good..
frown.gif

I need to choose something for her daughter next year any suggestions? Bred mom to Lupicor this year and really pleased with that cross but I feel the daughter needs something quite different. So might use Quattro, just love him, Want out and out jumping blood that crosses well with Contender, Graphit, Grand Venuer very open to suggestions?

christine48

Visit site
my mare had a contendro filly last year who is the image of him, he really seems to stamp his stock. Quattro would be a good choice. how about Quidams Rubin, Armitage or Cassini 1

Damien

Visit site
Really? Lovely! Would love to see pics! Well Quidams Rubin would be a lovely combination mixture of French and German, do you know who is agent for his semen?

christine48

Visit site
I don't know if world class stallions deals with them. When we used contendro we dealt with the stud directly. Quidams Rubin stands at Sprehe (www.gestut-sprehe.de) they also have a young stallion by him. Has your client's mare had her foal by contendro or is it due next year?

Damien

Visit site
The mare is due May next year, she was bred at Hendrix's yard in Holland and is coming over with the mare in foal to Quaterback with her K3 By K2, colt foal at foot. Definitly on the hit list for that filly next year.

seabiscuit

Visit site
Owens sire Bering;
Bering
He's got lots of horses in his pedigree that make up the pedigree's of international eventers today- sea bird is also a close relation of Mayhill. Hasty Road is related to Kings Road. Almahmoud and Mahmoud are v.popular in U.S eventers.

And I would put Bering to another Generous x Mill Reef mare to breed another Owen !! Yes I know he's had all his problems but do think that was due to him going in training at 18 months old and racing for two years! If I'd bought him as a untouched 4 year old I think he would have gone all the way eventing- he would have been a little powerhouse with huge flashy movement, great presence and would jump the world. He still is special, but not a patch on the horse that he couldve been.

Krysha_n_Helga

Visit site
there was a quarterback foal on my old yard that i wanted you should have seen him move. We was going to look into buying him when then though no coz the only he will be for sale for could go on a riding horse instead. plus if he got kicked or somthing i would have killed that horse lol his full brother sold for i think 1.5 million or around that price as a 5 year old.

Faithkat

Visit site
Like the others have said - living or dead?

Living : Sadlers Wells (need I say more) or Baloubet de Rouet

Dead: Northern Dancer (ditto) or Darco

Sportznight : I thought your choice of Gone West was interesting. He was the first stallion that Lady Carla went to. That produced Indigo Magic which did NOTHING. Interestingly, neither she nor Bosra Sham has produce anything worth talking about despite being put to some blisteringly good/expensive stallions (just goes to show what a lottery breeding is!)

Anastasia

www.morayfirthstud.co.uk
LOL......have loved reading the responses. Can be living or dead.......especially with all those clones on the way...............

And Freshman who would we use...........

Ok...............Gordon would love to use Argentinus for jumping (am sure Andy would love that to add to his collection......
grin.gif
) Or our own Vision for dressage.......
grin.gif
grin.gif
tongue.gif

And me..........well for jumping think possibly something with Cassini I blood or Corofino..........and for dressage...................mmmmm either Rubinstein or Donnerhall.............or Vision.................
grin.gif
cool.gif
laugh.gif

However...........for the profit value definately Saddlers Wells or Storm Cat.............then me and Tia could go into selling the foals in-utero for a big profit.......LOL
grin.gif
grin.gif

Tempi

Visit site
Sandro Hit - hes stunning, all that power and elevation - i could watch him all day.

Oh, and my second choice would be Painted Black - for pretty much the same reasons.

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Londonderry. Because I love his boodlines

[/ QUOTE ]
We have a Londonderry child..... She's the sweetest girl. Very tricky though.