What is your biggest bug bear???????

kick_On

Visit site
My is people who over feed their horses and then wonder why the sweetie animal they brought has turned into the 'biggest sh1t out'
arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
just need ot get the of my chest

What Yours - go for it
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Helga1980

Visit site
People who constantly interfere with everyone else horses, giving advice and questioning what they're doing when their own horse is the best example of good horse management!

Gingernags

Visit site
People saying "you are wasting that horse, it has such potential, it isn't happy" Errr, yes its happy living out in a field full of grass with its pals and hacking around ta very much!

People buying horses, or buying their kids a pony, when they dont know enough as in can't muck out, can't feed and can't tack up.

Tempi

Visit site
you really want to know all mine hun??!!!

- idiots who dont know the rules of the school and wander round on the outside track, halt in gateways blocking the track, dont pass left to left and are generally rude

- people who leave their horses muck around on the yard ad dont clear it up

- people who dont pick up thier horses poo from the school after using it

- ignorant people who turn their horses out 24/7 on loads of grass and then wonder why it gets colic

- people who dont understand why their horse is a total nightmare when they feed it up to the eyeballs and it hardly gets any work

im sure there is many more but theyve left me at the moment!
crazy.gif

muffinino

Visit site
People who lunge without a whip then shout at the horse for falling in/not going forward. That really annoys me! Then they wave the spare lunge rope at it expecting it to move properly. Often while talking to someone else, not paying attention to the horse, sometimes with a fag in their mouth or a mobile clamped to their ear (or both). With no hat/gloves. See it a lot, esp at shows, especially big ones. I think people see it as 'uncool' to put a bit of effort into it and the thing to do is look as if you're so in control you don't have to do it properly.
mad.gif

kick_On

Visit site
your hitting my wavelenght
grin.gif

oo other ones
poeple borrowing stuff and then not putting it back,

or borrowing stuff and running out and not tell you so when you come along to use, the blooming pot is empty
confused.gif

Kelly1982

Visit site
Kids who jump there ponies every single day and then wonder why it dumps them or they get eliminated at shows. Then to top it off they take it out on the pony!!!!

People who stick their nose in and judge you without knowing the full facts.

People who lets their dogs cr*p on the yard and dont pick it up so you end up teading in it or having to pick it out of yoru horses feet.

People who leave rugs on regardless of weather coz their too bone idle to go up and change them or leave the same rug on all day so that the horse doesn't benefit from it at night.

I could probably think of loads more but thats the ones that have sprung to mind

Helga1980

Visit site
Another that's just come to mind, people who spend their time going on about how easy everyone else's horses are to ride compared to their own!!

Said person has never ridden any of the horses she claims are easy and anyone with a modicom of knowledge can tell that while said horses are very talented the people riding them are working their balls off to get the results.......

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Loads - but only one really rational one.

People who think it's ok to turn up at whatever time of day to do their horses (stabled). Drives me mad. If you can't get out of bed - don't have a horse!!

sally2008

Visit site
All of the above plus a particular "favourite" ATM - people who spend two hours mucking out their shavings bed and picking out any slightly discoloured flake by hand but don't spend any time with the horse! Oh and then smack the horse when they put it in it's box and it disturbs the bed by ((gasps)) turning round! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Tempi

Visit site
spot on!!!

- people who dont work and dont do b*gger all else yet still pay someone to do there horse for them in the mornings just because they are too lazy to get up early.

- people who have live out horses who think that because they live out they only need to check them once a week

- people who moan ALL THE TIME about how far their field is/the fact its up a hill/their horse is covered in mud - PUT A LW RUG ON IT THEN!!!!!

grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
mad.gif

Claireg9

Visit site
ok there are way to many to mentin but two high on the list are under the hay barn, firstly opening a bale and leaving the string on the floor when th bins right next to them, and secondly opening a bale half covered in other bales so when us less lazy people climb upm to throw one down the bale gives way and we all topple over!
V DANGEROUS!!!

sally2008

Visit site
You've got me started now.
frown.gif
grin.gif

People who say "oh your so lucky to have such a well behaved schoolmaster" - errr, well I'd prefer to think it had more to do with years of hard work than luck love!!

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Oooo - and people who think it's ok to leave their horses standing by the gate when everything else is in (ie. winter - 6.30 pm - pissing down with rain). If you can't get to the yard in time - get someone to bring it in for you!!!

juliehannah58

Visit site
My biggest one at the moment is people wearing spurs when they can't control their lower legs properly, I'd like to hop on their back and keep myself upright by digging metal into their sides
mad.gif

PoppyPony

Visit site
apart from when my stuff got stolen at the old yard, people who have badly fitting saddles and say the horse is a **** because it doesn't like being ridden/ doesn't go well!

oh, and children who are annoying for many reasons

fairhill

Visit site
I have the opposite problem - people coming up late, assuming that someone else bring their (idiotic) horse in for them and then getting annoyed when you leave it out so you don't have to traipse through the mud for it!