What is your biggest bug bear???????

sleepingdragon10

Visit site
One of my "favourites" is people who seem happy to stick half a ton of metal in their horses mouths to solve a 'problem' without even considering the fact that the horse is just pst off with their crap riding
blush.gif

Sparkly hoof oil...WTF is that all about?
blush.gif

4whitesocks

Visit site
em - almost afraid to comment but it's probably fairly obvious what mine will be....

1. People who are happy to take your money for full livery including turnout and schooling and leave your horses in the stable all day with little or no haylage (but think 3 buckets of hard feed will sort him him out) and hack him out twice a week (em , guess what, I knew he was ok in traffic...)

2. livery yards who manage to RUN OUT of haylage

3. People who are stupid or naive enough to trust said people that they know what they are doing or have your horses best interest at heart - FOOL!(......that would be me then)

4. Hate being dependant on other people to look after my horse....and not knowing enough (that's totally my own fault but with the help of you lot i'm getting there!)

truffles

Visit site
People sticking pretty much everything they can find on their horse just so it makes them look good.
mad.gif

Little kiddies who use spurs.
Anyone who smacks their horse without using their leg first.

I have a lot more, but can't remember them ATM lol!

paintsplat05

Visit site
synthetic saddles cos the girth straps are a buggar to do up
squeaky saddles
people who think they need to wear spurs when their horse is forward going enough!
people who refuse to ride less than perfect horses
people who leave full wheelbarrows at the bottom of the ramp and don't bother to empty them!

sarahmagic

Visit site
People who hog the practise jump at shows and then put it up to 4 foot when the class that is going on is 2 foot 9 so no-one else can jump it! If you can jump that height you shouldn't be in a novice class anyway! Grrrr.
mad.gif

Governor

Visit site
John Whitaker jackets - especially the motorbike looking ones...sorry but they are hideous, infact anything enblazend with god-knows-what brand.

The hippy brigade....lets xray my horse's shod hoof and yours and see which is putting more strain on the joints shall we? *grumble*

Yard bitches...luckily its just me and yard owner/instructor at the moment but still, been there, done that.

People who say why isn't your horse doing 'this, this and this' yet. Erm because he's been brought on consistently, correctly and sympathetically and he looks a hell of a lot better for it?!

Kids who constantly say whats the point of dressage then proceed to jump the same jump over and over (putting it up as high as the knackered, giraffe necked pony can manage) and wonder why they end up with problems.

There will probably be more soon.....

Chambon

www.picturetrail.com
What is really getting to me at the moment, is the amount of lame horses I see being worked.

There is a livery yard just up the road from us and every day there are various processions of groups of liveries going out for a hack (we are right next to the start of the bridlepath). Well the number of horses that go by that are lame, anything from low grade to hopping, absolutely astounds me.
shocked.gif

If these riders don't realise that their horse is lame, they shouldn't have a horse.

If these riders DO realise that their horse is lame, but they continue to ride it anyway, they should be shot! (the owner, not the horse... well, maybe the horse too, depending on the lameness!).

Oooops, I will get of me soap box now!
blush.gif

PS. And numpties that call haflingers palominos
mad.gif

clipclop

Visit site
I just hate nasty, bitchy people.
Ring side "experts" who have nothing positive to say. (Bog off you a-holes)!!

There are lots of things that annoy me, but I can't just catagorise them, it is certain people and certain things that are done.

smile.gif

MissDeMeena

Visit site
Ohh, and i forgot to add..

People who SHOUT encouragement at their horses.. ie...
When loading a horse.. people click and make gentle encouragment, all well and good, so horse places say front foot on ramp.. then everyone shouts GOOD BOY at the top of their voice!!

H-J

www.piczo.com
People who have had a bad day at a show and blame it on everything going apart from their poor riding ability!!!

If I fall off or do something wrong I am not to proud to admit it I hate crappy excuses!!