What is your biggest bug bear???????

Gingernags

Visit site
You don't mean people who use their yard as a creche and abandon their children there all day unsupervised do you?

We had one like that - VERY busy working farm/livery, the mother used to leave her 4 year old and bog off - letting it wander round on its own and annoy everyone else. Madness!

Heidi1

Visit site
People who say they know everything about horses and stable management and then don't bother to come and see their horses for two weeks......

Another is I can't afford to give him the full measure of glucosamine, so I'll give him half and then still moan that he is stiff and clicking, hello perhaps instead of buying clothes for yourself you might want to stock up on certain product for your horse....

SillyMare

Visit site
People who buy quality young horses when they have neither the experience nor the commitment to actually produce them.

People who get horses that are clearly overweight and unfit out of the field and take them XC / hunting / long distance riding.

People who over-bit to the extent when the poor horse can't go forward any more and then stick on a pair of spurs to balance it out.

People who refuse to accept responsibility when things go wrong and instead come up with hundreds of excuses about the horse / tack / weather / ground.

People who allow their horses to behave rudely and badly because 'they are young' when they are invariably about 8.

Oh I could go on.....

juliehannah58

Visit site
Oh and everything SM said!!

I know people who have wrecked lovely youngsters time and time again and never learn, it's always the horse
mad.gif
GRRR!

Noodlejaffa

www.ailsamactaggart.co.uk
I was at a hunter trial on Saturday and there was a girl who kept whipping her horse on the neck when it neighed (she was only walking around on it). Poor horse was petrified. So, I hate any unneccessay behaviour towards the horse, including people taking out their mood on their horse, whipping it when they clearly have forgotten they have a pair of legs that are meant to be used to ride with, oh, the list is endless.

And people who have endless gadgets on their horse at competitions because it's so wild and firey, but still insist on riding it with a set of spurs.

Oh, and people who ride cross country with their stirrups too long. Drives me nuts
crazy.gif
crazy.gif

Helga1980

Visit site
This venting is very cathartic!

Two sides of the same coin:

a) People who feed their horse every supplement under the sun but can't give a reason for any of them apart from such and such top rider endorses it
mad.gif

and

b) People who won't give their horse a supplement that could make a real difference to their horse's well-being as they 'don't believe in such things', even if their vet has advised it following a consultation the owner requested and paid for!!

Ferdinase514

Visit site
I've said this one before but...

People who call their horse "IT".

Also at the moment:

Yard bi**hiness. Really had enough of people (well one peron) trying to bully and manipulate others.

airedale

Visit site
ducking for cover here ......people who think their horse will die/geteveryknownstablevice/beunrideable/etc if it isn't out 24x7 in the hissing rain/freezingcold/soddengrasslessclayquagmire all year round. The art is in the feeding as the Household Cavalry/Mounted Police will tell you

the dressagedivas that think that the only horse for dressage has to have 'imported from germany/holland/whereever' for 50x the price of a better British bred horse tattoed on it's bum.

the people who think it has to be over 16.2 to do dressage even if they are only 5ft 2in tall and have short legs - and then overbit and overgadget the poor nag and over spur it because they haven't got the size or the ability to get the hindquarters engaged and control the front end

overweight bullock sized show animals - we still see them

the fashion for 'coloured' horses - and the idiots who pay over the odds for a sub-standard nag just because it's brown and white instead of bay

the overpriced entry fees to anything horsey in this country compared with the continent - but then this is 'rip off britain' (unless you are selling home bred quality horses that is)

the people who insist on bringing their dogs to xc and SJ events and drag them round the trade stands leaving horrendous doggy doo everywhere - esp. Badminton. plus loose dogs on the XC course

people who are just too damn lazy/disorganised to walk XC courses the day before and have to try and walk them whilst others are competing - complete with loose dog and several out of control children

aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh - now I feel better :))

PS - after sunday - the current batch of rain (or is that monsoon)

cornwallexracers

Visit site
People who can't be bothered to change rugs, and leave a cold wet muddy turnout rug on the horse in its stable over night, because it 'dries better on the horse'. Grrrrr

riotgirl

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I've said this one before but...

People who call their horse "IT".

[/ QUOTE ]

I never call a horse 'it', but I get shouted at for calling children 'it' (even my God children
blush.gif
). Does this make me less bad, or more bad?
tongue.gif

dieseldog

Visit site
People who always blame themselves when in actual fact their little darling is the most uncoperative, lazy, manipulative horse going - it's not always your fault.

People who don't approve of wearing bandages/stud girths - why not?

People who get carted all over the place by their horse because they inisist it has to be snaffled mouthed with no martingale.

sally2008

Visit site
OMG! I can't seem to stop now! Your gripe set me off again heidi1.
grin.gif

People who think nothing of spending a FORTUNE on supplements but select their farrier purely on price rather than standard of work.

KatB

Visit site
Agree with airedale.... ESPECIALLY the coloured horse comment, gives us coloured horse owners who brought their horse because its a nice horse, not because of its colour, a bad name!! Lol!

Also clueless "pony club" mothers that buy darling sons/daughters expensive horses they have NO CHANCE of ever bringing on/ riding decently, and subsequently ignore every bit of advice given, or blame it on said horse........ GGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

jellybaby

Visit site
Oh god please don't get me started!

Right here we go.

People who ring/text/leave me notes to do thir horse, and then when I ask them once to do mine its suddenly not convenient for them.

People not have their stirrup leathers etc re-stitched and then wondering why they break.

People who don't pick out their horses feet in the stable, then bring it out with its slippers on and the don't sweep up.

Poepl that don't sweep at all.

Headcollars hung up outsuide boxes with lead ropes not coiled up properly.

The "horse hippy" brigade.

People who insist on everything being colour co-ordinated, and wasting money on sparkly hoof oil etc. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

People lungeing in flip flops horse abling slowly round in circle while they pick their nose/smoke/paint their toenails/call their mum and generally ot concentrate on what hose is doing

People that scrimp on horses bedding - that really makes me cross!!

I could go on and on and on - but I will probably upset someone!!!!!!

JB xx

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
the dressagedivas that think that the only horse for dressage has to have 'imported from germany/holland/whereever' for 50x the price of a better British bred horse tattoed on it's bum

[/ QUOTE ]
God, don't even start me on that one - they're usually the people who are so far up their own a**es that they can see the sunshine on the other side!!

They usually talk bollocks about most things as well!!

Madam_max

Visit site
Oh yeah, overweight horses and horses with make-up on.. Yuck!!! People who keep there horses in for no good reason.

People turning out in the bloody school.

I could go on...

dieseldog

Visit site
barefoot people - yes. And if you don't do it you are evil and cruel to your horse.

Also, we all know what a horses foot should look like so how can some people after their horse has been shod think thats a good job?

JB - maybe you had better not come up the yard.....

Rambo

Visit site
Hmmmm.....people who on exiting the arena after their round, stop about 2mm outside the ring and chat to their mates, completely clogging up the area so the next competitior can't get in
mad.gif

Helga1980

Visit site
Another one - jealousy

I'm having real trouble with someone sh*t-stirring (sorry only way to describe it) and the only thing I've possibly done to upset her is be picked for a RC team while she was turned down and advised to keep practising for next year's teams!!

miamibear

Visit site
A few from me!

1) People who dont work parents pay for horses and then they cant be bothered to ride the things - some people would kill to spend all day at the yard with their horse but have to work to pay for the thing.

2) People who blame all naughtiness / behaviour problems on tack / needs physio / needs vet / needs new feed / needs new routine without thinking it may be said horses personality and it is taking the p*ss out of them!!

3) People who constantly school their horse every time they ride and never hack because they dont like it!!

4) People who keep said horse in 24/7 no turnout and then school every time its ridden which tends to be once a week!

5) People who dont wear flourescent gear on hacks

6) People who get really bitter when they dont win something once out of 10 outings.

7) Non horsey parents who lash their child with best everything horse / show gear / transport and said child has no idea of the value of money for the rest of their life!!

8) Horses who get left in the field all summer and looked over once a month if they are lucky!

9) Said horses being pulled out of box on a one off (after been ridden in the school once a week) to go on 20 mile sponsored ride or hunting!!

10) Poeple who arent open to different instructors points of view.

11) People who live in the 1920's and old remedies for everything is the best thing going - never mind the medical / technological improvements since then.

Thaink thats it for now, may have more though!!

I never slag people off / comment on my thoughts at the yard because its none of my business what people do with their horses so having it out on here is a good vent!!
grin.gif

cornwallexracers

Visit site
People who think that because barefoot works for their horse it should work for my horse too.

Those who ramble on and on about treeless saddles and insinuate that I'm cruel becuase I use a treed saddle on my horses.

And those who believe that my horses should be out 24/7/365, in all winds and weathers with no rugs, because its how wild horses lived so therefore must be better, whilst totally glazing over the fact that my horses are full TB's, which have NEVER been wild!!

jellybaby

Visit site
I am hanging my head in shame here...............but Cowbag will be barefoot this winter. I can't justify keeping sheos on a retired TB. However, it will have 6 weekly trims with my registered approved farrier!
Unless, of course I get tempted to pick up a rasp and trim myhorses feet myself, make them totally unbalanced and then wonder why the poor creature can't walk!!!!!

JB xx